1) nickmak
2) popeye
3)
4)
5)

KIV
1) ralphii82sg
2) LaoKaYu

My plans for December are still uncertain, but definitely keen.

Ok, the list so far:

1) nickmak
2) popeye
3)
4)
5)

KIV
1) ralphii82sg
2) LaoKaYu

For you KIV guys, if possible please put yourself in the main list! Thanks! :bsmilie:

nickmak... i think if possible... it will be better if u sort of come up with an itinery first and some possible dates first... it would make things easier for us.. hahaha.. or why dun u pull the dates closer.. say oct or wat... it would be very difficult for us to confirm something like that so far away...
well... i do know of a Cser who is staying somewhere in sabah... ;)

ralphii82sg said:
nickmak... i think if possible... it will be better if u sort of come up with an itinery first and some possible dates first... it would make things easier for us.. hahaha.. or why dun u pull the dates closer.. say oct or wat... it would be very difficult for us to confirm something like that so far away...
well... i do know of a Cser who is staying somewhere in sabah... ;)
Ok I'll try that! :)

The problem with this is that I'm still studying in Thailand and in October I'm doing community service with my school up in Korat building houses for the poor. So that period of time I cannot make it.

I think I'll come back to this post at a later date say about the November period so it will be easier for us to come together and discuss. Thanks for the advice!

By the way, those who are still interested should still keep fit!

Ok, so I'll change the title of this: Who here is interested in going to Mt. Kinabalu in the December period? You can have an interest but no need to confirm... yet...

So the list stands at this:

1) nickmak
2) popeye
3)
4)
5)

KIV
1) ralphii82sg
2) LaoKaYu

If you are just interested or curious about this put your name on the list! As for the itenary I'll talk to my teacher, who is at the moment climbing some mountain in Nepal, to come up with an itenary for us. He's the only guy I know who can do wonders with mountaineering so keep informed!

Cheers!

I'm keen. Count me in. How long is the trip tentatively? 1 week?

For the lesser beings , like moi, I can deposit my backpack at a locker service somewhere eh?

1) nickmak
2) popeye
3) bummie
4)
5)

KIV
1) ralphii82sg
2) LaoKaYu

Tomshen had shared his experience to Kinabalu. Just do a search on the past thread. According to him, we don't need to lug around so much stuff (we don't even need to bring camping stuff, as there's one lodge there)

Hi nick, I'm interested too. Had trouble finding people who want to go up there haha. Let me know the price and dates cos I'll be going to my advance open water. Need to do some budget balancing. Regarding the date, my school term starts on the first week of December so if you guys are going in Dec, I will not be able to join u.

Michael

Hi guys! Sorry for replying so late! I completely forgot where I had left this thread!

For those who are interested, please put your name on the list! This is going to be a sort of list for me to help me calculate the cost of the trip and also the itenary.

For the itenary, I sincerely hope it would be a good one because I have a teacher who is a mountaineering guide who went up with me to Kinabalu and I had a really enjoyable 7 day experience there. I had lost the itenary so I'll ask him for help so that I would not make anyone bored! :)

Oh yes, I nearly forgot, when the time comes ie. when the cost and itenary are sorted, I'd like the e-mail addresses of those of us interested in the trip so I can send you the documents and maybe before the trip maybe we can meet up somewhere?

popeye, its true that there's a lodge there - The Laban Rata Resthouse. Search on google and you get this yellow house thing. :)

cable, ummm... the first week of december? hmmm... I was planning the trip for either before or after christmas. I'd really hope you can join!

Cheers!

nickmak said:
....popeye, its true that there's a lodge there - The Laban Rata Resthouse. Search on google and you get this yellow house thing. :)

there is another resthouse there, Gunting Lagadan Hut. :blah:

scud said:
there is another resthouse there, Gunting Lagadan Hut. :blah:
Yup, I think its the one slightly further up right? I had to sleep there for one night :p

scud said:
i lost my nike cap there :cry: :cry:
Don't worry bro, I went up and down the mountain with my glasses. Lost it in a hotel room! :eek: How strange is that?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: upzzz for you bro.

nickmak said:
Don't worry bro, I went up and down the mountain with my glasses. Lost it in a hotel room! :eek: How strange is that?

haha... :bsmilie: That's the whole point bro!

Come on people! Join join join!!! :cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal:

yoz.

Roughly how much for the trip there?

I want to go with sequitar!!! He never answer me my Pm..hahahahhahaa ;p

Hmm...interested. But not very sure coz i'm poly. keep me posted!

Einstein said:
yoz.

Roughly how much for the trip there?

I want to go with sequitar!!! He never answer me my Pm..hahahahhahaa ;p

Hmm...interested. But not very sure coz i'm poly. keep me posted!
Sure! All are welcome to join! Poly, baby, old man, anybody can join!

Cost wise... depends how everybody wanna go... If wanna go in style, then a lot of money will be spent... If you want to go roughing out ie. bunking in a room together, then costs will be kept low for sure...

For me I don't really mind how we go because got experience both types already so it all depends on everyone here!

Cheers!

I just went there during early June and it cost me around RM1500 (incl. AirAsia return tickets @ RM500 - coz i didn't manage to get a cheap flight ticket, trip to water rafting, manukan island and Mt. Kinabalu and we stay at backpacker's lodge) for 1 week.

For Mt. Kinabalu trip 2 days 1 nite it cost me around RM350. At Mt.Kinabalu, trip to stay at Laban Rata coz there are heaters in the room and u have restaurant over there.....for other resthouse, u need to cook by yourself.

For porter, they charge RM8 per kg....and only let porter to carry those stuff that u r not using while u r climbing, coz porter don't climb together with u..they will walk first. If those stuff that u need to use like camera and accessories but too heavy to carry, u can always negotiate with your guide..coz they are willing to carry for u so long as u pay them some "coffee money" ;)

On the weather, nowadays very hard to predict. Everyone said May and June is the best time to climb Mt.Kinabalu, but the first i reach Sabah...it's heavy rain :confused: but lucky that 2 days i climbed mt. kinabalu it didn't rain but the cloud is quite thick!!! so didn't really manage to see sunrise! :( For your info...the guide can stop u from climbing if there is heavy rain.

u can visit www.sabahtravelguide.com for more info. and do book early if u r going there during holiday season..coz it's going to be quite crowded!!

First_Timer said:
I just went there during early June and it cost me around RM1500 (incl. AirAsia return tickets @ RM500 - coz i didn't manage to get a cheap flight ticket, trip to water rafting, manukan island and Mt. Kinabalu and we stay at backpacker's lodge) for 1 week.

For Mt. Kinabalu trip 2 days 1 nite it cost me around RM350. At Mt.Kinabalu, trip to stay at Laban Rata coz there are heaters in the room and u have restaurant over there.....for other resthouse, u need to cook by yourself.

For porter, they charge RM8 per kg....and only let porter to carry those stuff that u r not using while u r climbing, coz porter don't climb together with u..they will walk first. If those stuff that u need to use like camera and accessories but too heavy to carry, u can always negotiate with your guide..coz they are willing to carry for u so long as u pay them some "coffee money" ;)

On the weather, nowadays very hard to predict. Everyone said May and June is the best time to climb Mt.Kinabalu, but the first i reach Sabah...it's heavy rain :confused: but lucky that 2 days i climbed mt. kinabalu it didn't rain but the cloud is quite thick!!! so didn't really manage to see sunrise! :( For your info...the guide can stop u from climbing if there is heavy rain.

u can visit www.sabahtravelguide.com for more info. and do book early if u r going there during holiday season..coz it's going to be quite crowded!!
Thanks for the advice! Will take that into consideration!

By the way, welcome to CS! :cheergal:

nickmak said:
Ok I'll try that! :)

The problem with this is that I'm still studying in Thailand and in October I'm doing community service with my school up in Korat building houses for the poor. So that period of time I cannot make it.

I think I'll come back to this post at a later date say about the November period so it will be easier for us to come together and discuss. Thanks for the advice!

By the way, those who are still interested should still keep fit!

Ok, so I'll change the title of this: Who here is interested in going to Mt. Kinabalu in the December period? You can have an interest but no need to confirm... yet...

So the list stands at this:

1) nickmak
2) popeye
3)
4)
5)

KIV
1) ralphii82sg
2) LaoKaYu

If you are just interested or curious about this put your name on the list! As for the itenary I'll talk to my teacher, who is at the moment climbing some mountain in Nepal, to come up with an itenary for us. He's the only guy I know who can do wonders with mountaineering so keep informed!

Cheers!
Yes nick, my school push start of next semester to December. Pmed you my email, hope I will be able to make it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.