TREND in CS

Which is more useful for learning photography???

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend Philip started out photography on birds, shoots only birds, and is not a pro in avian photography liao :thumbsup:
Afterall, many treat photography as a hobby, and what better excuse to enjoy your hobby even more by shooting your favourite subjects? :devil:

Ask yourself, what is street photography? How many really understand what is street photography.... to some its just shooting people on the street, thats why they might find it boring after a while.

Some might disgreed with me, but to my definition, street photography reflects the current environment/culture of a society, its not just shooting people from a distance. Its you as a photographer thats needs to come close to your subject and capture the essence or what you have observed at that instant of time. ;)

scanner said:
Some might disgreed with me, but to my definition, street photography reflects the current environment/culture of a society, its not just shooting people from a distance. Its you as a photographer thats needs to come close to your subject and capture the essence or what you have observed at that instant of time. ;)

captures the environment/culture of a society? ... hmmm ... interesting .. i've been thinking of trying to capture the essence of 'Singapore Culture' ... but could never figure out how ... perhaps you and other street-shooters could give me some pointers? thanks in advance :)

For me..I love the back alley aspect of street photography..Lets you see the reality behind the daily glamour.

Expiredyoghurt said:
there have been lah ... look around the portraiture section ... got .. only the female model shoots posted outnumber the male by 10+ : 1
Please! :rolleyes:

Here, many have the impression that by taking male models -> you are gay. :rolleyes: I wanted to shoot male and female models. So far, only Pertf69 had organized one and it became full when it was with a female as well. Search the attempt by Astin shoot on a muscled male and see the pathetic response.

LazerLordz said:
For me..I love the back alley aspect of street photography..Lets you see the reality behind the daily glamour.

hmmm ... what do you mean by 'back alley' ? physically and literally or you mean 'behind the scenes' situation?

Here's another way to look at it in an anaelogy. Photography is like martial arts. Just as there are different forms of unique martial arts, there are different kinds of photography -- some of them being street photography and portraits.

It is important to do what you feel most passionate about. Do not go about following the masses just because it is a trend or whatsoever. Attempt to try different kinds of photography for a start, and think for yourself which field you tend to feel most 'connected' to while shooting. And pursue the ones that you can better relate to.

Learning photography? I wonder who actually used a grey card to measure the white balance manually before they shoot at a place.

Witness, you organise a street outing, I will join in. :thumbsup:

theITguy said:
Learning photography? I wonder who actually used a grey card to measure the white balance manually before they shoot at a place.

Why would anyone want to use a gray card for setting white balance?

hmm... street shoot = free training = more natural ... but i prefer free subjects... maybe its just me being ch**pskate.... lol

theITguy said:
Who here holds a Gretag Macbeth Color Checker outdoors? I do... Ask Astin.

venom.....the newbie thread 1 year anniversary outing is coming soon la....

watch this space

cheers..

Witness said:
grey card in studio..
i do..
outdoors..forget it....

outdoors...use ur hand.... :p

kegler said:
hmm... street shoot = free training = more natural ... but i prefer free subjects... maybe its just me being ch**pskate.... lol

heh....that's why i like street shoot too.....FOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bsmilie:

Witness said:
so auntie Z ... first week of may.... 1 year anniversary shoot?

u in?

yeah....will try to make it. keep me posted ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.