Travelling soon, which lens to bring

Status
Not open for further replies.
obewan said:
Bro, still waiting leh... Can post 2 to 3 pics for us to see first 'bo' ??? :bsmilie:
Still post processing leh, bro, somemore not very good at shooting landscape :sweat: .
Shot at Victoria Peak.
PICT9338PanoVitoriaPeak.jpg

Not too bad lah...
Thanks for sharing.
I will wait patiently for more. :bsmilie:

zcf said:
Still post processing leh, bro, somemore not very good at shooting landscape :sweat: .
Shot at Victoria Peak.
Can lah. Dis one swee enuff. :D

BTW, is it my eyes? I seem to notice a little halo-ing effect where the light changes in the sky frm bright to dark... :think:

jsbn said:
Can lah. Dis one swee enuff. :D

BTW, is it my eyes? I seem to notice a little halo-ing effect where the light changes in the sky frm bright to dark... :think:

It's the haze from the lighting... the air is very polluted with lots of suspended particles leading to a lot of light scattering from the powerful spot lights...

zcf said:
Shot at Victoria Peak.

Actually zcf, if I were taking this shot, I would stand closer to the edge (if u can move in somemore) and zoom in a little to get rid of most of the fence that is at the bottom of the shot... then when I merge the pano, I will crop off the bottom, u lose less and u get a pano without the disturbing V-shape of the fence...

Or push the lens over the edge of the fence and shoot from there...

P.S. that's why I dun shoot in raw.... kekeke...

TME said:
Actually zcf, if I were taking this shot, I would stand closer to the edge (if u can move in somemore) and zoom in a little to get rid of most of the fence that is at the bottom of the shot... then when I merge the pano, I will crop off the bottom, u lose less and u get a pano without the disturbing V-shape of the fence...

Or push the lens over the edge of the fence and shoot from there...

P.S. that's why I dun shoot in raw.... kekeke...
The black blocking part are not the fence actually, more like part of the slope of the peak.
This was taken from the peak shopping centre top floor, the usual building for shooting seem to be close down for renovation? :cry:
Sorry, don't get you about the fence part???
The smog/air pollution there is really bad when I was there in Hong Kong. But somehow manage to get more blue sky shots than Singapore, I wonder why :think: .

zcf said:
The black blocking part are not the fence actually, more like part of the slope of the peak.
This was taken from the peak shopping centre top floor, the usual building for shooting seem to be close down for renovation? :cry:
Sorry, don't get you about the fence part???
The smog/air pollution there is really bad when I was there in Hong Kong. But somehow manage to get more blue sky shots than Singapore, I wonder why :think: .

The blue skies has to do with the latitude... the higher the latitude the bluer the skies... and the skies are also less cloudy...

zcf said:
so we can get the bluest sky in North or South pole? :think:

we can get the bluest sky from PS... :bsmilie: send me a sky, and i will make it blue, but i cannot gurantee the color accuracy of others.... :bsmilie:

zcf said:
so we can get the bluest sky in North or South pole? :think:

Technically yes if it is not cloud covered... cos the sun's rays are bent most at the two poles when entering the earth's atmosphere and so the light appears very blue...

TME said:
The blue skies has to do with the latitude... the higher the latitude the bluer the skies... and the skies are also less cloudy...
Very interesting info. Din noe abt that.

I guess I can expect super blues when I go Japan again? :think:

jsbn said:
Very interesting info. Din noe abt that.

I guess I can expect super blues when I go Japan again? :think:

If u go in spring or summer that is...

I usually can only go during June or Dec hols... so only June for me if I want really blue skies...

one more panoramic, Repulse Bay (shallow sea bay?) in 360 degree. Not very well taken though.
PICT9549BeachPanoFull.jpg

Quite good what... interesting distortion of the beach front...

Status
Not open for further replies.