Travelling in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng60232

Mar 19, 2006
Hi Snrs

I would be travelling to Houston Texas in Early March. Does anyone has recommendations of where to go to shoot?

Me into landscape and nature photography..

Thanks in advance..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D

Few questions before I recommend places. Are you planning to drive to other cities? Also, which part of Houston are you gonna stay in? Below are my recommendations.

1. Brazos Bend State Park.
About 1 hour from Houston in driftwood texas. Very beautiful place. Usually on a sunny afternoon, if you are lucky, you can see alligator sunning itself on the trail. And if you are lucky, you can catch a glimpse of deers. I used to have annual pass to this park and go there once every other weekend.

2. Fossil Rim.
The largest safari style park near dallas. About 4 hour drive from houston... very nice place.

3. Enchanted Rock
off austin a very nice hiking place. Small little mountain to climb but scenery is priceless.

4. Big Ben National Park.
This one is about 8 hours away from Houston. But i can gurantee that the scenary is awesome.

5. Galverston State Park.
I call this place the sugei Buloh equalivent in texas... about 1 hour away from houston.. LOL

6. San Jacinto Battleship.
Dun really find this place interesting... but a lot of my friends like this place.. between houston and galverston...

If you still want to add more to the list PM me and I can tell you more especially if you wanna know what food is good and where to find it. I lived in that horrible city for 9 years... HAHAHHAHA

Few questions before I recommend places. Are you planning to drive to other cities? Also, which part of Houston are you gonna stay in? Below are my recommendations.

1. Brazos Bend State Park.
About 1 hour from Houston in driftwood texas. Very beautiful place. Usually on a sunny afternoon, if you are lucky, you can see alligator sunning itself on the trail. And if you are lucky, you can catch a glimpse of deers. I used to have annual pass to this park and go there once every other weekend.

2. Fossil Rim.
The largest safari style park near dallas. About 4 hour drive from houston... very nice place.

3. Enchanted Rock
off austin a very nice hiking place. Small little mountain to climb but scenery is priceless.

4. Big Ben National Park.
This one is about 8 hours away from Houston. But i can gurantee that the scenary is awesome.

I call this place the sugei Buloh equalivent in texas... about 1 hour away from houston.. LOL

6. San Jacinto Battleship.
Dun really find this place interesting... but a lot of my friends like this place.. between houston and galverston...

If you still want to add more to the list PM me and I can tell you more especially if you wanna know what food is good and where to find it. I lived in that horrible city for 9 years... HAHAHHAHA

Hi Idor

Thanks for the information.. I am staying in the city center near the theatres..

Looks like Brazos Bend state park and Enchanted rock are those within my reach if i drive..

Thanks

Galveston (not Galverston), may not have recovered since Hurricane Ike last September.

I agree with you on the horrible part. Who needs 10 lanes of crazy traffic? If there is an upside to Houston, it's that beef steaks are relatively cheap, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.