Totally newbie! Come and share if you won't vomit blood :D

dreamsz said:
I was asking on the other thread as cannot find this one.
Btw, you all buy magazine, if come across magazine that talks more on canon instead of nikon, let me know hor.
Can PM me :)
Arigato ar...

There is one magazine which specializes for talking abt canon gears only although I forgot the name. It's a UK mag.

I saw one in 7-11 2 weeks ago. Cant remember what's the title and i think it emphasize a lot on Canon.
Its a local mags i think. Can check it out...

Canon also got release magazine one, but I think those go by quarterly, saw the Canon Summer Mag on sale but I didn't get it in the end

tsumetiv said:
Canon also got release magazine one, but I think those go by quarterly, saw the Canon Summer Mag on sale but I didn't get it in the end

That's the Canon Photoyou magazine, saw quite a few copies of it at the news stand in bishan just now

Digital SLR Photography July edition finally arrived at the stores. But there's a price hike! Costs $7.90 now.

That's quite expensive.. I got the mags 2 weeks ago in JB for RM10

I think photo mags are always reiterating the same points over and over again. Get those issues which feature techniques u are interested in, I see no point in buying every issue

Yup. I agree.. My first time buying mags, I bought 3 mags at the same time. Then I realized it's usually repeated. Buy mags that feature the techniques you want.. e.g. B/W or Macro etc... Good point redstone.

redstone said:
I think photo mags are always reiterating the same points over and over again. Get those issues which feature techniques u are interested in, I see no point in buying every issue

Agree too. Just that some tips or secret techniques they call it can sometimes be useful. Most of it are all basics and learnable on the Internet, even in clubsnap forums. I usually buy the magazines if I'm too bored or want the freebies inside :)