today's moon is big n bright

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantingchin

Oct 3, 2003
Tanjong Pagar
www.erictan.gojiteam.com
today's moon is big n bright!!!

wonder my 200mm can reach that.....but i saw just now it is very very big and bright.....later must have good show liao....

shoot shoot shoot :D

My side no moon lah. You shoot we see photos loh ...

yeah yeah, wanted to take some pics, but can't can only see not take.. :confused:

tantingchin said:
today's moon is big n bright!!!

wonder my 200mm can reach that.....but i saw just now it is very very big and bright.....later must have good show liao....

shoot shoot shoot :D

Like berries. Bery bery Big. Have to drag meself to multi-storey carpark to shoot. Me sooo lazy.

good currently i can see from my window....coz i live on 15 floor unobstructed...tink i can take from home later wif my super 300mm and 2x teleconverter??

lunar eclispe tonite
totality ard 3-4 am.
the moon wiill be setting, try ya luck west, southwards

good luck

tucker said:
lunar eclispe tonite
totality ard 3-4 am.
the moon wiill be setting, try ya luck west, southwards

good luck

My window is facing the southwestern direction! Must set alarm clock liaoh. Scarly cannot wake up :sweatsm:

pray for clear sky most important of all !
the eclispe will take place from ard 1am , btu moon will set ard 4am plus
so we can only catch that much.

eclipse today ? Time to take some pics then. How do you meter for a full moon ? Spot on the moon and -2 EV ?

need a tripod to take such shots??? Generally, what's the exposure setting used?

just shot it less than an hour ago

CRW_5823_web.jpg

no idea.
setting for totality is like 16s f5.6 for 400 asa

the rest have to calculate.

yeah. cos less light is reflected from its surface due it entering earth's shadows. which means your exposures will also have to be lenghtened. if you're shooting from a fixed tripod, problem...

Don't need long exposure!!!!

This is shot at:

1/350s f/11.0 at 400.0mm iso100

26659899.jpg

BluesJr said:
Don't need long exposure!!!!

This is shot at:

1/350s f/11.0 at 400.0mm iso100

26659899.jpg

uh. it's not even the eclipse yet. just wait till then, you'll find the exposure timing longer, longer and longer.

oh yeah, when it gets lower and lower to the horizon the atmosphere might distort it so don't be surprised if it doesn't look as sharp as it's at the zenith..

yeah.. will just depend on the spot meter reading!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.