To FZ-5 users......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piper

Oct 16, 2004
There are 2 "Image stabliser" modes, what is the difference? I can't tell the difference leh? :dunno:

Piper said:
There are 2 "Image stabliser" modes, what is the difference? I can't tell the difference leh? :dunno:
for mode 1 OIS is activated all the time. mode 2 only when the shutter is pressed then OIS will activate.

Use mode 2... seem to be more friendly with the battery...

Piper said:

hehehehe.. if you want to "see" the difference.

Set to mode 1 OIS, and purposely make small handshakes while looking thru your EVF or LCD.

You will see the screen feel like a silky flow, as if the lens is moving to compensate the shake.

In mode 2 OIS, you will not see that effect when you slightly shake the camera..

that is how to see the difference. As for the functionalities, the other Gurus have given the explanation liao.. check out your friendly manual.

Hong Jia said:
Use mode 2... seem to be more friendly with the battery...

an advise from an ex-FZ-10 user...

listen to him... he is dead serious... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

haah learn new things again here.:D

You can extend the zoom to max to see the difference better.

dpreview seems to say mode 1 is usless in all situation. I just turn on mode 2 all the time.:)

In those pre-focus situations, is it possible to use mode 1 to focus on the subject then use mode 2 to take a shot ? as mode 1 provide more smooth movement hence you can focus right at the subject :think:

rhair78 said:
hehehehe.. if you want to "see" the difference.

Set to mode 1 OIS, and purposely make small handshakes while looking thru your EVF or LCD.

You will see the screen feel like a silky flow, as if the lens is moving to compensate the shake.

In mode 2 OIS, you will not see that effect when you slightly shake the camera..

that is how to see the difference. As for the functionalities, the other Gurus have given the explanation liao.. check out your friendly manual.

if i am not wrong, ( read somewhere )

mode 1 = used when there is constant shaking

mode 2 = used to counter the minor shake when u depress the button...

mode OFF = used when cam on tripod...

hope this help.. or if i am wrong, pls correct...

Hi Chen

I have tried your method at max zoom, focusing at a dim place. I guess it helps but not much, and found that switching between modes cumbersome.

I will still use solely mode 2 with a firm grip or use a tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.