To buy or not to buy

Would you buy this watch?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMM

Nov 21, 2002
Central
If you already have more than 20 watches (and I'm not talking about swatches or Baby G type of watches), would you still spend about $1,400 to buy this watch from Fortis? When polling, please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobbies. And sorry, I can only give two choices. :D

The make : Fortis
Collection: Flieger Chronograph Automatic
Movement: Chronograph Automatic 7750
Model No.: 622.10.11M
Case diameter: 35mm

http://www.fortis-watch.com/en/collection/frameset.html

You already said it,

"please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobby".

What's another one to your 20 watches collection? :devil:

Buy Buy Buy!
It's valentines anyway.

I used to collect Rolex and was venturing into chronographs when I got me a Zenith. Decided to stop the hobby cos watch collecting can be real expensive and most of the time, the watches just idle in the cabinet. As most of my watches are mechanical automatic, they stopped ticking when the mechanical energy runs out in the spring. Very sian to adjust the date again. So no more watches for me.

Originally posted by SMM
If you already have more than 20 watches (and I'm not talking about swatches or Baby G type of watches), would you still spend about $1,400 to buy this watch from Fortis? When polling, please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobby. And sorry, I can only give two choices. :D

i rather to use the $$ to buy something more meaningful e.g.: lenses:dent:

ask yourself would be happy after buying it and would you regret? you should not be swayed by others.

i presume cost is not an issue, since you are So Much Money.:D

Originally posted by lazyfiddler
I used to collect Rolex and was venturing into chronographs when I got me a Zenith. Decided to stop the hobby cos watch collecting can be real expensive and most of the time, the watches just idle in the cabinet. As most of my watches are mechanical automatic, they stopped ticking when the mechanical energy runs out in the spring. Very sian to adjust the date again. So no more watches for me.

ROLEX???!?!?!??

u quite well off also....:p

Originally posted by togu
You already said it,
"please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobby".
What's another one to your 20 watches collection?

Well, I think sometime I am never satisfy with what I've already got. :embrass:

Originally posted by roon2c
Reasons:
1. u r a watch collector as u said
2. tht's the motto at CS... kekekeke
Happy Vday to u, SMM!

Happy Vday to you and everyone too.

One of the reason why I'm hesitating to acquire this watch is b'cos, I'm afraid I already have too many watches and somehow lost the feel of appreciating a good watch. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Revo
since u are a collector....
and if ur pocket is comfortable enuff....
Y not? ;)

Strangely, how come I never feel the same way when coming to buy a camera, a set of golf clubs or a handbag. :confused: I think it's about time to reassess my hobby & interest.

Originally posted by lazyfiddler

lazyfiddler, it's not very healthy to leave your mechanical automatic ticking all the time because it means you have to send it for servicing more often. For me, I kind of enjoy winding up my watches once in a while, watch the movement, listening to the tickling sound and remembering every "history" of acquiring watch. I think may be I am a very sentimental person, memories mean a lot to me (happy and unhappy ones) it makes me a stronger person. May be that's also why I'm beginning to like photography. ;)

Originally posted by Revo

ROLEX???!?!?!??

u quite well off also....:p

Rich?? No lah! Where got?? I save some money when I work mah! Me still staying in 3-room HDB, u know! ;)

Originally posted by iceman
ask yourself would be happy after buying it and would you regret? you should not be swayed by others.

i presume cost is not an issue, since you are So Much Money.

I'm always happy when I buy something that I like. "swayed by others" - there is only one person (my bf) trying to steer me away from having that watch in my possession.

I am seldom regretful of my own decisions, especially when it concerns my bank account and the person I choose to love. You may think I'm too arrogant but I've already been thru', "what you can have today, you can also easily loose it tomorrow". :)

Originally posted by 007

007, I agree with you on this point. But I've not reached a stage that I should buy lenses - because I don't even have a SLR or DSLR. :bsmilie: Not because I cannot afford a SLR or DSLR but because I don't think I'm good enough to use one yet. I rather let other people who knows how to appreciate them to have them.;)

Originally posted by SMM

lazyfiddler, it's not very healthy to leave your mechanical automatic ticking all the time because it means you have to send it for servicing more often. For me, I kind of enjoy winding up my watches once in a while, watch the movement, listening to the tickling sound and remembering every "history" of acquiring watch. I think may be I am a very sentimental person, memories mean a lot to me (happy and unhappy ones) it makes me a stronger person. May be that's also why I'm beginning to like photography. ;)

Izzit? I thot that mechanical watches have to be kept moving all the time? No? Otherwise why are some companies selling those mechanical watch winders which rotate your watch when u r not wearing them so that the spring will always have some stored energy in them?

Anyway, after reading your post, I went to wind up my Zenith again. Yea... It's a 'shiok' feeling.... :D Especially can also look at the mini mechanical gear through the sapphire crystal at the back of the watch! :bsmilie:

yeoh ........

Well, I think sometime I am never satisfy with what I've already got .....

One of the reason why I'm hesitating to acquire this watch is b'cos, I'm afraid I already have too many watches and somehow lost the feel of appreciating a good watch.

u very contradicting leh ...........

if u really like it very much ....... n u have the $$$$ .......... go buy it lah ...........

juzt in caze u r having thoze 5 min fever abt buying that watch now .............. maybe u can wait for a period of time ........ n then see whether u still wanna buy it at that time or not loh ..... ( provided that watch iz not a limited edition ) .....

*fox wonder wat lenz can $1400 buy*

:D

Originally posted by SMM
If you already have more than 20 watches (and I'm not talking about swatches or Baby G type of watches), would you still spend about $1,400 to buy this watch from Fortis? When polling, please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobby. And sorry, I can only give two choices. :D

:rolleyes: If the watch is Kirium Formula 1 @ 1400 I'll buy...;)

Originally posted by 007

Cause you use your $$$ buy, Siao Mei Mei ask boy friend buy mah....:D

Its a nice watch and you are a collector. If you can afford it , or someone affords it for you... buy it.

I know the feeling of collecting coz I collect stuff too. I also have a watch collector friend who loves watches and she does buy whenever something catches her eye and its within reach of her pocket.

Thus, buy buy buy!
:D

I think you won't get objective result here.....
I'm not into watch thingy but I have uncle who collect watches( AP, Bvlgary, some strange brands) and golf sticks, he never satisfy with his collection once new thing come out he will fly to TNgee Ann City to get it or go to Suntec for Honma he always get unbelieve able discount there.
Same like people buying cameras or lenses, once you got bite by it. It is like jumping into bottomless pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.