To be seen as a professional photographer......

Status
Not open for further replies.
MyNikon said:
Get paid for shooting instead of paying good money to shoot some cheapo-looking models.
Not that I'm a professional or anything.
But that's my very honest opinion.

Muahahahahahahaa

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

oh my...that's..brutal!

lemme play around with the arrangement of your words, to make it more politically correct..

"a professional is someone who gets paid money to make cheapo-looking models look good"

AReality said:
Wrong lah...
My camera no shutter button 1... More pro than yours! :cool: Downloads to computer immediately summore!!!

But it can only be on top of my monitor...

Wah! Cool! I also want! Sure make my photos look pro one!

Want! Want Want!

Yezrah said:
Rule no. 1: Always claim there is something to shoot in Singapore. (No matter how much you think there is nothing to shoot or can't produce any good pictures about Singapore)

Rule no. 2: Always claim that you can shoot with any camera, including pinhole camera. (Even though you may be a diehard nikon or canon user or better still, a mamiya or hasselbald user or the best, a sinar user with valeo or phase one digital back)

Rule no. 3: Never join a group of shooters during a model shoot or to be seen at public events shooting for free. (These pictures are always regarded as 'snapshots' and highly despised by true professionals who look through your portfolio)

Rule no. 4: Shoot close. (Never fails or at least, never get scolded for not shooting close enough)

Rule no. 5: Wear a photographer's vest and carry a big lens around. (Never fails also. But best is to wear an appropriate name tag to pass off as official photograher)

Last rule: Always tell others there are no rules in photography.

;p

I think the professionals want to look like amateurs and the amateurs want to look like professionals. In the end they all look like themsleves?

Sion said:
I think the professionals want to look like amateurs and the amateurs want to look like professionals. In the end they all look like themsleves?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: That's a good 1 .. :thumbsup:

Yezrah said:
Rule no. 1: Always claim there is something to shoot in Singapore. (No matter how much you think there is nothing to shoot or can't produce any good pictures about Singapore)
Honestly, I dun think I can churn anymore nice shoots outta Singapore liaoz.

Rule no. 2: Always claim that you can shoot with any camera, including pinhole camera. (Even though you may be a diehard nikon or canon user or better still, a mamiya or hasselbald user or the best, a sinar user with valeo or phase one digital back)
Erm... A sinar? Valeo? Phase one? Wad da hell is a digital back cam?

Rule no. 3: Never join a group of shooters during a model shoot or to be seen at public events shooting for free. (These pictures are always regarded as 'snapshots' and highly despised by true professionals who look through your portfolio)
Free models, got free things why dun take? Muz pay money den muz be good? :(

Rule no. 4: Shoot close. (Never fails or at least, never get scolded for not shooting close enough)
I'm quite shy, especially when it comes to portraits. I have a tendency to use zooms.

Rule no. 5: Wear a photographer's vest and carry a big lens around. (Never fails also. But best is to wear an appropriate name tag to pass off as official photograher)
No money for vest, no money for big lens.

So, what I do qualify for? Noob of the Millenia award? :D

1) Only shoot for pay job

2) Act busy

3) Block other photographers (eventually they cant shoot so u win liao ;( )

4) Flash head turn in weird unlogical direction and just fire more then 10x flash in one go ( show people yr equipment very powderful )

Lastly be a loner and dont talk to anyone coz they are not yr match anyway :bsmilie:

To be a pro means that you also have to know the business aspect of the profession. There are pro who shoot ordinary photos but able to make a living out of it, simply because they know how to make it into a viable bussiness.

Taking good photos will not land you on the profession, alot of time the pro has to spend as much time on the administration part of the job. In other words, it is photo plus bussiness sense.

Pardon me if I am wrong; I think I read it from a photo magazine years ago. :sweat:

johnlim said:
To be a pro means that you also have to know the business aspect of the profession. There are pro who shoot ordinary photos but able to make a living out of it, simply because they know how to make it into a viable bussiness.

Taking good photos will not land you on the profession, alot of time the pro has to spend as much time on the administration part of the job. In other words, it is photo plus bussiness sense.

Pardon me if I am wrong; I think I read it from a photo magazine years ago. :sweat:

e.g. Russell Wong? ;p

No you're not wrong. You're absolutely right about it. But it could pose a problem sometimes, (for me I guess) when some professional photographers give their 'so-so ' work and asking for a huge sum of money.

johnlim said:

That's correct.

But here suppose make fun on professional photographers, so you and me are OT here.

Ding Shan Ben said:
Photograpy is an art right??? got rules meh??? :confused:

Yes indeed. No need rules for art. ;) But they added the word professional here. Somehow I get the idea that professional work is a template-based oriented job. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.