Tired of waiting.. latest version of 35mm/1.4 Summilux Asph

zag

Dec 1, 2005
.sg
i just wonder if anyone here has got their hands on this lens yet on the island? how many of these is circulating here. been waiting since Leica announcement in mid of this year... now almost December, no sound no sight.. dealer kept saying no stock. put name on reservation list also no use. with the impending rumors of schmidt losing their distributorship, seems will be a slow stock flow into sg..

no choice but look to self import from US or Europe.. Rahn; Rober White; BH; Dale all seems to have long list of reservation too..

darn..love to hate leica now.

Hello friends, my first post to this forum, good day to all "Leicaphiles".

I got mine and I like it. Thanks

Stock just came and gone last week .. long waiting list .. but my name is moving up the list :bsmilie:

from what I figured the wait about 3 months for the 35 Lux FLE

Hello friends, my first post to this forum, good day to all "Leicaphiles".

I got mine and I like it. Thanks

congrats... lucky you!

Its like watches. If you are willing to pay full price, or just get a small discount, you would probably get it faster.

the 11663 appears from time to time on ebay and certain forums, but the price usually is quite inflated.

if you do not want to pay inflated price to get it immediately, then you must be prepared to wait.

its unlikely you can find 2nd hand version, but even 2nd hand version is going to cost ridiculous.

particularly now the holiday season coming, hard to find the popular lenses wan

Got mine too. Only problem is when mounting the stock B+W E46 UV filter, the hood will not fit.

Got mine too. Only problem is when mounting the stock B+W E46 UV filter, the hood will not fit.

another lucky one.. :)
i have the latest revision of 24mm summiliux, it seems to take leica filter only with that screw on hood design. seem true after market filter would not fit.. no?

how long was your wait? did you have to pay premium like most suggested here? or you just have better dealer looking out for you..?

enjoy!

I read that original Leica UV Filter fit just nice, won't block the hood.

Size comparison between v1 and v2 (2010):

5230817744_b8812773b2_b.jpg

another lucky one.. :)
i have the latest revision of 24mm summiliux, it seems to take leica filter only with that screw on hood design. seem true after market filter would not fit.. no?

how long was your wait? did you have to pay premium like most suggested here? or you just have better dealer looking out for you..?

enjoy!

For the 21 Lux and the 24 Lux, I just use the Series VIII and Series VII filters..

Did not pay premium price, just old price... :D.

Last edited:
finally got this lens from an overseas dealer....

thanks for the feedback and even an offer from one kind forumer who has a piece from his wait list at local AD..

2hgrdx4.jpg

finally got this lens from an overseas dealer....

thanks for the feedback and even an offer from one kind forumer who has a piece from his wait list at local AD..

2hgrdx4.jpg

Got mine today. Awesome lens, highly recommended.

Happy for you Bro :thumbsup:

Edit : So am I right to say it worth every cents ;)

Renders almost the same as v1 for mega $$. All the FLE lenses (21 Lux, 24 Lux, 35 Lux v2, 50 Lux, Noctilux 0.95 and 75 Cron) have the same look.

Happy for you Bro :thumbsup:

Edit : So am I right to say it worth every cents ;)

thanks, bro. worth every cents. i will pm you details on the mint noctilux 50mm f1.2

...now i need the 50/0.95 noctilux to complete my trinity...

still waiting for this and perhaps the 50 summilux version will do to bridge the gap for time being..

who has gotten the latest noctilux here? :)