Tiny little fur and 1mm spots inside my lens - help!

if you're gonna be so obsessed with dust on your camera, you should just leave your camera permanently with Canon Service Centre and not use it to take photos :)

but I'm curious why you describe it as 'little fur'... :)

TS probably has a cat or something or pet at home :bsmilie:
and keeps the camera in a clean room-like box.

I cannot afford 21 year old chivas leh. :bsmilie:

i have! but it's a 21 year old royal salute i got for a present :bsmilie:

TS probably has a cat or something or pet at home :bsmilie:
and keeps the camera in a clean room-like box.

It's probably because the 'fur' is on the focusing screen, and looks really magnified when viewed through the VF. Same explanation for the '1mm dust' I reckon. 1mm is bigger than a grain of sand I think... :sweat:

It's probably because the 'fur' is on the focusing screen, and looks really magnified when viewed through the VF. Same explanation for the '1mm dust' I reckon. 1mm is bigger than a grain of sand I think... :sweat:

haha i meant psychologically, having a pet that has a coat of fur, once you see something like that on your camera or in your camera, you would assume it's from the pet.

so, when magnified it looks like a tiny clump of fur :sweat:

Last edited:
haha i meant psychologically, having a pet that has a coat of fur, once you see something like that on your camera or in your camera, you would assume it's from the pet.

so, when magnified it looks like a tiny clump of fur :sweat:
that is called "letting one's imagination run wild!" :D

I did peer through the viewfinder of a fellow CSer's MF film camera before. Many many "alien spacecraft" inside ;) But he's still able to shoot beautiful photos.
A great example of not sweating the small stuff :)

that is called "letting one's imagination run wild!" :D

I did peer through the viewfinder of a fellow CSer's MF film camera before. Many many "alien spacecraft" inside ;) But he's still able to shoot beautiful photos.
A great example of not sweating the small stuff :)

yup. hey thanks for quoting the phrase "letting one's imagination run wild". should have used that instead.

haha.

sometimes, it's just the smallest things that have absolutely no bearing on how the image turns out that makes people anxious.

especially those that keep cleaning the front element. :bsmilie: