Time to change a new camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysania

May 11, 2003
Singapore
angelapple.multiply.com
I'm currently using A80... however, the display became "rainbow lines"... guess that's the end of its lifespan. It will be pricey to repair it right? So I'm thinking of getting a new camera. Like, by this week. And I'm a Canon supporter. All my memory cards are CF. I'm not upgrading to a DSLR yet, and budget is not my deciding factor, though I would of course prefer something that's value for money. (Below $1000) I'm expecting it to last for quite awhile...

I want something that is able to do macro. I take a lot of flowers, butterflies and food. Optical zoom will be good when I have to take objects far away, like the animals at the zoo. I usually use Av mode. Oh, and I take ring pillows as well...

Oh ya, I would prefer something with a varied angle LCD.

I guess that's about it. Any recommendations? Please include the price, and suggested outlet to get it, if possible. (Can always pm me the outlet if not convenient to post)

Thanks!;)

S3 Is ? $600++

:D Canon PowerShot A640 :thumbsup: even maria sharapova using it ;)

:D Canon PowerShot A640 :thumbsup: even maria sharapova using it ;)
its just an endorsement , she might not be using it after all :)
would suggest threadstarter to consider carefully before plunging into buying spree

i also has this problem...alot of lines flashing across the LCD esp under low-lighting surrounding..even the photos taken also got lines...went to canon service centre and the person said its CCD defect. Changed it FOC

get the latest A-series digicam from canon.

yeah...i had that problem too...
i also got it changed FOC despite is out of warranty....:)

For those that managed to get your camera changed, which model did they replace it with?

Just need to go down to the service centre and they will replace on the spot?

For those that managed to get your camera changed, which model did they replace it with?

Just need to go down to the service centre and they will replace on the spot?

well...i went down with my A80, they sent for repair..and i got back my A80...:)

May I know how long they take to repair? Coz I need my camera this weekend... :confused:

dun think canon service center is so fast....
suggest to give them a call before going down.

Went to the centre but was a bit late and it was closed! (530pm on mondays).

Today my camera didn't display any rainbow lines.. it became black screen, and the lens seem to go haywire. Looks like it is suffering from final stage. I wonder if it still can be repaired/replaced.

Went to the centre but was a bit late and it was closed! (530pm on mondays).

Today my camera didn't display any rainbow lines.. it became black screen, and the lens seem to go haywire. Looks like it is suffering from final stage. I wonder if it still can be repaired/replaced.

well....for my case last time, is the lcd would have rainbox lines, but that is cause by the lens itself, i can still put in a CF card with photos inside, and i still able to view those photos....

Status
Not open for further replies.