THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow you more senoir lei...you sure know...

ot...
come to tink about it...i tink i know who you are already....long time ago, u..alex...william we eat at a restaurant after shoot??? my shot is the newbie one...

izzit you...:sweat:

di ji eh alex? william si siang?

if u know who am i, i have to dereg u leh... u still wanna know who am i anot? :devil:

Should have the models provide you with a MC to prove that they are sick, that way you have something to show the photographers who have paid.

Have the models sign an agreement or B&W that they have to give at least 24hrs notice before the shoot or they will have to compensate for your lost.

Just thinking out loud :)

Should have the models provide you with a MC to prove that they are sick, that way you have something to show the photographers who have paid.

Have the models sign an agreement or B&W that they have to give at least 24hrs notice before the shoot or they will have to compensate for your lost.

Just thinking out loud :)

mc...next must endorse mc :bsmilie:

As a shoot organiser, there are many pros and cons to the job.

I get satisfaction from participants who are happy with the shoot and go home from the shoot smiling and then joining again for my next shoot.

The downside to it? I feel stressed and worried Every Single Day of the Week.

Now that i just restart my organising status after resting for only 2 months, i already remembered why i quitted in the first place.

Within ONE week, i received THREE models who backout.
And all 3 are high-profile popular models (who are usually the ones bringing in the participants).

When they backout, it affects the shoot greatly, and i have trouble finding a model of the same calibre and rates. Even then, number of photographers who withdraw due to the model who backed out, usually makes me really sad. A shoot can have 10 participants, and then shrink to 2 within a night.

Not only that, i feel super paisei to keep changing models for the shoots! Also, my reputation would be affected and people would think twice before supporting my shoots.

i would be very pissed about the broken promise, but i can't bring myself to fully blame some of the models. Although some give very stupid excuses, some give genuine excuses like "family is bringing her for holiday" - which i cant do anything about it. Sometimes even models with a clean history would back out on me last minute because of some circumstances i can't control. Am i suay or what?

Well, at least the models backed out earlier.
But i have nightmares all the time about models backing out really last minute. Like after i booked the hotel room, or just 10 hours before the shoot. (yes, all that happened to me more than once before). What if the model is genuinely sick?

What if 3 models hired for the shoot, one says sick, another one says sore eye, i can't possibly replace all 2 out of 3 models and present a completely different shoot as advertised right?

What do i do when that happens? I really want to know what other organisers do about such situation.

I understand that sometimes photographers join for a particular model, and if that model is missing on day of shoot, they would be very unpleased, even if i get a prettier model to replace - Because they had already set their mind to shoot that former model.

Any suggestions how i can stop all this?

I thought of doing a "if you back out after agreeing you have to pay the damages" system but that would discourage models from doing my shoots.

I also thought of starting a "my blacklisted models" thread. But then that would be quite unfair to models with genuine problems.

:(
Demoralised.

You see, im trying my best but i keep receiving such problems that i can't control. Sigh.

u have my empathy.
exactly same sentiments here.
especially the part on the downset of feeling stress everyday before the shoot starts especially when times are bad.

a stressful task no doubt, but for me, it's part of photography, and that's what keeps me going.

That's a very good example of very valuable lessons learnt for not being professional. I think it's due to the market.

I've worked with models from other countries like Taiwan and China. They were all very professional, although they may not be paid as much as what some of our models here are getting. I guess it's due to the market. They've got too many models there for clients to choose from. Once one is being blacklisted, there goes their future.

However for Singapore, it's a very small market. Our models here are very limited, but I guess the blacklist method will still work. It's a small market anyway.

I have work with models (Singaporeans) before and sorry to say but (especially when they think they are popular) 60% of them are so UNPROFESSIONAL about their work ethics.

They don't really care if they miss a shoot as to them, it's the photographers which are hungry for them as they(the models) are not really paid that well in the first place for this organised photoshoots on CS.

I can share a few experience with you all on how models behave and I do blacklist them (some of them are supermodels). I was organising a shoot for a client of mine and they asked me to look for 2 models to fit into their theme. So as usual, calling some models via my network. Many came for the audition and my client narrow down to 2 models out of the 30 that came for it. We shortlisted another 2 more just in case something happen to the first 2.

It took a good 3 weeks to organise with the 2 models and my client for the actual photoshoot. Oh yeah my client WAS going to pay them SGD$1000 each for 6 hours work which was a good market rate. At the very last hour, the 2 MODELS did not turn up at all, mobiles were switch off and there was no way to contact them at all.

So obviously my client was not a happy man as he had to cancel his overseas trip just for this shoot. Thank god we were smart enough to shortlisted the other 2 models which happen to be free on that particular day. So shoot went on and finish off with a smile on my client's face. He was happy this 2 models were very professional and had great work ethics. The results came out better than expected and he decided to reward them with an additional $200 on top of the $1000 her was paying them.

The very next day, the 2 models called me and told me some super lame excuse telling me there was an emergency at their home (obviously it was not as they were partying the whole night before with my friends until 5am). I told them I will never engage them and have them blacklisted for my future clients.

As usual life goes on for me as another client of mine decided to engage me for a photoshoot for their fashion labels. So they showed me the models which they shortlisted and guess what? It was the 2 models they AEROPLANE me and my previous client. So this client of mine asked me what I think about this 2 models. Obviously I was very frank and told them that about the incident that happened. This client of mine was more fussy than the last one.

So he called them up and told them nicely that he was not engaging them anymore as they were blacklisted by me. The 2 models called me and just blasted away with all the vulgar language. The best part was telling them this job went to the 2 model who came to my rescue on my last shoot. To top up the icing on the cake, I mentioned to them my current client will be paying them (the models who came to my rescue) $2,500 per person for the 2 days shoot.

Sounds evil but that's the way to handle some of this brainless bimbos.....

Think it is time Mods start a Sticky thread: CS female pilots & lousy Organizers :think::think::think:

Think it is time Mods start a Sticky thread: CS female pilots & lousy Organizers :think::think::think:

with regards to the organizers bit i have suggested it b4 but it has a tendency to get ugly fast...also must keep in mind there's 2 sides to the organizing thing...there's also some people who sign up who expect too much.

I have work with models (Singaporeans) before and sorry to say but (especially when they think they are popular) 60% of them are so UNPROFESSIONAL about their work ethics.

They don't really care if they miss a shoot as to them, it's the photographers which are hungry for them as they(the models) are not really paid that well in the first place for this organised photoshoots on CS.

I can share a few experience with you all on how models behave and I do blacklist them (some of them are supermodels). I was organising a shoot for a client of mine and they asked me to look for 2 models to fit into their theme. So as usual, calling some models via my network. Many came for the audition and my client narrow down to 2 models out of the 30 that came for it. We shortlisted another 2 more just in case something happen to the first 2.

It took a good 3 weeks to organise with the 2 models and my client for the actual photoshoot. Oh yeah my client WAS going to pay them SGD$1000 each for 6 hours work which was a good market rate. At the very last hour, the 2 MODELS did not turn up at all, mobiles were switch off and there was no way to contact them at all.

So obviously my client was not a happy man as he had to cancel his overseas trip just for this shoot. Thank god we were smart enough to shortlisted the other 2 models which happen to be free on that particular day. So shoot went on and finish off with a smile on my client's face. He was happy this 2 models were very professional and had great work ethics. The results came out better than expected and he decided to reward them with an additional $200 on top of the $1000 her was paying them.

The very next day, the 2 models called me and told me some super lame excuse telling me there was an emergency at their home (obviously it was not as they were partying the whole night before with my friends until 5am). I told them I will never engage them and have them blacklisted for my future clients.

As usual life goes on for me as another client of mine decided to engage me for a photoshoot for their fashion labels. So they showed me the models which they shortlisted and guess what? It was the 2 models they AEROPLANE me and my previous client. So this client of mine asked me what I think about this 2 models. Obviously I was very frank and told them that about the incident that happened. This client of mine was more fussy than the last one.

So he called them up and told them nicely that he was not engaging them anymore as they were blacklisted by me. The 2 models called me and just blasted away with all the vulgar language. The best part was telling them this job went to the 2 model who came to my rescue on my last shoot. To top up the icing on the cake, I mentioned to them my current client will be paying them (the models who came to my rescue) $2,500 per person for the 2 days shoot.

Sounds evil but that's the way to handle some of this brainless bimbos.....

Bro u the man! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am of the opinion that alot is due to the fact that these "models" do not depend on modelling for their livelihood, but more like extra income, much like an office worker joining MLM for sideline/moonlight. They might think that since it's just a sideline, there's no need for them to be so professional. That's why a contract between organizer and model is beneficial to eliminate this mindset.

Very soon we can take over Changi Airport if we continue to see some more flights in and out.

Air traffic controllers must be very busy nowadays.

CS is a really busy airport. Another flight takes off here:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4944394&postcount=12
enterprising organizers should take this opportunity to try to get some of them to have a shootout ............

The XMM Pilots

Have u ever wanted to shoot the Pilots in their respective pilot uniforms?
yes u want, then u have come to the right shoot coz these are the CS pilots.

Location: T1, T2, T3 or maybe if I could arrange, the cockpit of a A380 or if enough shooters, I try to get the Changi Control Tower.

Send money to my bank ..
Plse note: we will proceed to shoot if any of the Pilots show up!

di ji eh alex? william si siang?

if u know who am i, i have to dereg u leh... u still wanna know who am i anot? :devil:

Eh OT abit arh. Why noe u muz dereg? For safety reasons?

buay tong leh, the cost really too high liao :p

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

12 april la...come shoot...

Eh OT abit arh. Why noe u muz dereg? For safety reasons?

u will never get the joke 1 lah... see u pichar the fun...

dun think alot of members here know me personally... those who know me suffer terrible fate... i think somewhere out there got a bounty for my head... :bsmilie:

u will never get the joke 1 lah... see u pichar the fun...

dun think alot of members here know me personally... those who know me suffer terrible fate... i think somewhere out there got a bounty for my head... :bsmilie:

how much? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.