THREE models backing out of shoots within ONE week -.- Grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on, are we talking about professional Cat A fasion, editorial and runway models contracted to bona fide modelling agencies, with catwalk, posing, deportment and some basic make-up training through structured courses as well as professional Cat B and C show and event models/talents, also having gone through the above?

Or is any and all XMM, ah lian and ah soh wannabie lumped together under the misnomer?

hit it right on the nose...:thumbsup::bsmilie:

Hang on, are we talking about professional Cat A fasion, editorial and runway models contracted to bona fide modelling agencies, with catwalk, posing, deportment and some basic make-up training through structured courses as well as professional Cat B and C show and event models/talents, also having gone through the above?

Or is any and all XMM, ah lian and ah soh wannabie lumped together under the misnomer?

Bravo! I was quite reluctant to say, out of respect for the organizers here. :thumbsup:

There used to be 2~3 organizers that bring Models. But alas there's only one left. :sweat:

hit it right on the nose...:thumbsup::bsmilie:

DM...case in point:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497872

The fire will come, and it will go.

Just like any 'unpleasant' news in the press like fare increases, people will tend to forget as quickly as possible. Then life goes on as usual. :bsmilie:

I have no disrespect for organisers, save for the ah beng and ah lian fly-by-night operators that were mushrooming all over CS last time before paid subscription were put into place. If you recall, one subject-trying to turn-virgin-organiser used to cuss and swear openly at photographers over a dispute.

I think the recent discussions of amatuer wannabies pretending to be pilots have made many of us more aware of the predicaments that organisers and saddled with. My symphaties definitely goes to the organisers (edit) in this respect.

Someone mentioned that forming a cartel was impossible.

Organisers might seriously want to think about it.

Right now, you're entirely on your own, at the mercy of so many variables, the chief problem causer being amatuer wannabies.

Your businesses are suffering. Your reputations flushed down the gutters over one weekend.

Your numbers are not that great, and the stakes relatively low.

What have you got to loose by at least exploring the idea of banding together and fighting a common enemy?

Last edited:
The fire will come, and it will go.

Just like any 'unpleasant' news in the press like fare increases, people will tend to forget as quickly as possible. Then life goes on as usual. :bsmilie:

I have no disrespect for organisers, save for the ah beng and ah lian fly-by-night operators that were mushrooming all over CS last time before paid subscription were put into place. If you recall, one subject-trying to turn-virgin-organiser used to cuss and swear openly at photographers over a dispute.

I think the recent discussions of amatuer wannabies pretending to be pilots have made many of us more aware of the predicaments that organisers and saddled with. My symphaties definitely goes to the organisers.

Someone mentioned that forming a cartel was impossible.

Organisers might seriously want to think about it.

Right now, you're entirely on your own, at the mercy of so many variables, the chief problem causer being amatuer wannabies.

Your businesses are suffering. Your reputations flushed down the gutters over one weekend.

Your numbers are not that great, and the stakes relatively low.

What have you got to loose by at least exploring the idea of banding together and fighting a common enemy?

You da man lah DM...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Edited. Let's focus on what we can do / suggest for the benefit of CS organised shoots and organisers to improve the overall quality and professionalism for all.

Last edited:
Edited.

Last edited:
Yup, everything was just a misunderstanding between us. We settled everything over e phone. :)

Thats nice to hear, lets hope all misunderstanding in future will end in a peaceful way.

kudos to both of you :)

Thats nice to hear, lets hope all misunderstanding in future will end in a peaceful way.

kudos to both of you :)

Yup, everything was settled nicely over a phone call. HUAT AH!!! :bsmilie:

It's really encouraging to see organisers, even though competitors, settling matters in a friendly way. :thumbsup:

Much much more can be done to protect yourselves if you work more closely together. Do take a moment to think about it.

I'm not a businessman nor am I an association old bird, so if anything I say doesn't make sense, please ignore me.

On this, Clubsnap is in the news today:

http://www.straitstimes.com/News/Home/Story/STIStory_359641.html

"April 5, 2009
Excuse me, want to be a bikini model?
Young and eager, many girls are readily posing for male photographers for small fee, even free
By Debbie Yong
The pay could be as little as $15 an hour for a two-hour photoshoot.

But there is no shortage of women agreeing to pose - sometimes in lingerie or bikini - for mostly male photography buffs, say organisers.

The 'models' are mostly teens, fresh-faced and eager to build up their portfolios. Some even agree to pose for free.

Indeed, a community of at least 30 active models has sprouted over the past year. They take part in weekend photoshoots advertised mainly on online photography forum Clubsnap."

etc.

Requires an account and password to view.

On this, Clubsnap is in the news today:

http://www.straitstimes.com/News/Home/Story/STIStory_359641.html

"April 5, 2009
Excuse me, want to be a bikini model?
Young and eager, many girls are readily posing for male photographers for small fee, even free
By Debbie Yong
The pay could be as little as $15 an hour for a two-hour photoshoot.

But there is no shortage of women agreeing to pose - sometimes in lingerie or bikini - for mostly male photography buffs, say organisers.

The 'models' are mostly teens, fresh-faced and eager to build up their portfolios. Some even agree to pose for free.

Indeed, a community of at least 30 active models has sprouted over the past year. They take part in weekend photoshoots advertised mainly on online photography forum Clubsnap."

etc.

I do think overall that the article wasn't as bad as the previous few.

Status
Not open for further replies.