Thinking of getting a Tripod for my D50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigeek

Oct 3, 2005
As above to be used with my 80-200mm. Any recommendations? Budget <$300 and where to buy them. Thanks!

Manfrotto 190B Pro or 055 Pro (depending on your height) with 486RC2 ballhead.

Go to Cathay Photo at Peninsula Plaza.
Browse thru the tripod section and you may find one that suits your need.
Or just ask the staff there for advice.
Really friendly people.
Bringing along you camera and lens helps too.

With Budget >300 U can have a very good one.

Slik pro 330DX....yea shld be this one...damn good:cool: -highly recommended for d50

130 plus at CP marina

seanlim said:
Slik pro 330DX....yea shld be this one...damn good:cool: -highly recommended for d50

130 plus at CP marina

Hi, can I know whether it can hold a D70 with say at most 70-200VR lens (yet to have). Very tempted to get this and not manfrotto due to the high chance of me leaving the manfrotto at home due to weight issue. Looking for a tradeoff between weight and stability (not unstable of course)

thanks a lot,
tltan

tltan said:
Hi, can I know whether it can hold a D70 with say at most 70-200VR lens (yet to have). Very tempted to get this and not manfrotto due to the high chance of me leaving the manfrotto at home due to weight issue. Looking for a tradeoff between weight and stability (not unstable of course)

thanks a lot,
tltan

Your above D70 & 70-200mm weight would be around 2kg. From that you may need a tripod that can take a weight of more than 5kg. To keep your tripod weight to below 3kg, you will need a Carbon Fibre tripod. Most big name Carbon Fibre tripod cost more than $500 and that is before adding the tripod head. Most tripod that take more than 5kg do not come with tripod hard. A head that can take more than 5kg of weight will most likely cost more than $100. I have a Taiwan made Carbon Fibre tripod. This cost around $350. Go to this web site for more information: http://www.feisol.com/english/enconnect-n.htm

This Feisol Carbon Fibre tripod can be found at Eastgear (http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?cPath=18_56) or at John 3:16 at Funan (#03-37).

how abt if budget is ard $100?which is a gd tripod for D50?

And also can anyone recommend a cheap and gd dry box?

the slik pro one is recommended for d50 n d70 n can hold almost any lens...thats what i heard.

Pepper said:
Manfrotto 190B Pro or 055 Pro (depending on your height) with 486RC2 ballhead.

For me I will go for 488RC2 which is better because there are two controls for turn left/right and till up/down, compare to 486RC2 which have only 1 control for both movements.
;)

ortega said:
don't think just do it!

or

MTL Buy Buy Buy
Basket...BBB is copyrighted ok... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.