There's music coming from my PC Speakers. BUT I'M NOT PLAYING ANY MUSIC!

Die...at the rate we're going, when Kei sees this, I think I'll be tuning into the hell station real soon.... :sweat:

Die...at the rate we're going, when Kei sees this, I think I'll be tuning into the hell station real soon.... :sweat:

Oh wait... maybe that's what happened to the other guy... That's who playing the music for him... Oh oh...

ehhhh. i just got home from collecting a gift from my god-sis. what???

HAHA. might be signal cross-talk in the end. but now i'm getting chinese music in addition to classical playing at the same time LOL!

but still doesn't explain the looping violin music.. spooked.

i have similar encounter. there is always music coming out of my laptop (in this case, my laptop speaker, headphone, etc). it seems like the DVD-ROM drive?

sometime when i watch DVD movies, and the music came on, i need to turn off the volume and pause the movies for a while till the music goes off.

is it that i install the k-lite codec pack?

BTW, whenever the music came on, i shut off the browser completely but it is still there

can anybody help?:confused:

Maybe it's your inner self calling out to you to pick up violin lessons... :bsmilie: Who knows? Maybe Singapore's Got Talent! :thumbsup:

i have similar encounter. there is always music coming out of my laptop (in this case, my laptop speaker, headphone, etc). it seems like the DVD-ROM drive?

sometime when i watch DVD movies, and the music came on, i need to turn off the volume and pause the movies for a while till the music goes off.

is it that i install the k-lite codec pack?

BTW, whenever the music came on, i shut off the browser completely but it is still there

can anybody help?:confused:

ehhhh. i just got home from collecting a gift from my god-sis. what???

HAHA. might be signal cross-talk in the end. but now i'm getting chinese music in addition to classical playing at the same time LOL!

but still doesn't explain the looping violin music.. spooked.

- Does the music stop immediately when the speakers are unplugged from the PC/laptop? This is to verify that the speakers themselves are not acting as antenna and picking a signal on their own (although i cannot fathom how speakers can decode FM signals without any hardware - as some earlier posts seem to suggest.)

- If unplugging from the PC does not kill the music, are your speakers wired or wireless? (Wireless easy to explain - neighbour's signal. Wired...hmm.)

- If the source of the stray sound is the PC/laptop, fire up the task manager, click on the "processes" tab and sort by "CPU". The source of the music should filter itself to somewhere near the top of the list. If killing a particular process kills the music instantly, you've found the culprit.

Last edited:
-
- If the source of the stray sound is the PC/laptop, fire up the task manager, click on the "processes" tab and sort by "CPU". The source of the music should filter itself to somewhere near the top of the list. If killing a particular process kills the music instantly, you've found the culprit.
mine is a repeated same piece of music. good idea, will try it it..

although i cannot fathom how speakers can decode FM signals without any hardware - as some earlier posts seem to suggest.
Without going into specifics, Radio Frequency (RF) breakthrough interference is fairly common in poorly shielded electroacoustic transducer and radio equipments. ;)

Last edited:
er. HAHA. nope bro. but it's creepy to hear looping violin music at night. :bsmilie:

call the police, it was a distracting signal . when people was trapped somewhere, they will use walkies talkie or radio to call for help. usually the signal will be looping.

got watch Lost season 1? the French woman also using similar tatic.

call for help kei, you might able to save 1 life.

- Does the music stop immediately when the speakers are unplugged from the PC/laptop? This is to verify that the speakers themselves are not acting as antenna and picking a signal on their own (although i cannot fathom how speakers can decode FM signals without any hardware - as some earlier posts seem to suggest.)

- If unplugging from the PC does not kill the music, are your speakers wired or wireless? (Wireless easy to explain - neighbour's signal. Wired...hmm.)

i'm on 7 year old wired speakers.

the first time i heard the violin music, i checked my PC. after i switched it off (main switch not off), i unplugged the speakers from the PC and the music was still playing.

call the police, it was a distracting signal . when people was trapped somewhere, they will use walkies talkie or radio to call for help. usually the signal will be looping.

got watch Lost season 1? the French woman also using similar tatic.

call for help kei, you might able to save 1 life.

LOL. i don't watch lost... this scenario oddly reminded me of White Noise the movie.

yea and to the rest.. i do know the part of speakers picking up radio frequencies. we studied that back at the signals institute. but this is just plain weird. behind the normal chinese channel, i can still hear classical music blending in.

The Ring 3 (Speaker Version) :D:D:D

kei1309 said:
what.... what? IMH?? bro digitalpimp ermmmm..

:bsmilie:

He's gonna pimp you! Or at least pimp your cam, Lol

mixed feelings i have now..
spooky, yes..
amusing, yes also..
haha!
the way the music loops really spooky.. still have the music? post it on Youtube! :devil::lovegrin:

He's gonna pimp you! Or at least pimp your cam, Lol

He must be eyeing on Kei's newly acquired A900 and 70-200mm... :think: "Come come, I bring you to IMH... yeah hor, since you'll be there for indefinite period of time, you dun need your cam and zoom, come I help you keep nice nice..." :bsmilie:

kriegsketten said:
He must be eyeing on Kei's newly acquired A900 and 70-200mm... :think: "Come come, I bring you to IMH... yeah hor, since you'll be there for indefinite period of time, you dun need your cam and zoom, come I help you keep nice nice..." :bsmilie:

Hahaha! Got me there. Guess I need to cook up a new plan since you ruined everything for me lol.

Last edited: