There's a murderer in us all.

There is a Killer in all of us

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
liked I said, don't close the Kopitiam.

jsbn said:
When I say 'murderer', I mean literally.

Ie, a dark side to all of us. A beast waiting to be unleashed. Anyone agrees?
I would tell you... but then I'd have to kill you.:devil:

NMSS_2 said:
there is always a hidden beast within us......you just need a spark to start the fire!
True... That's where the term 'bloodlust' comes where combat is involved. :)

First time holding rifle, u fired and killed an enemy. As the time goes by, u become more and more thrilled upon seeing ur body count go up, blood spill and bodies broken and smashed.

This is probably what happened in the Rape of Nanking where first-time Japanese Imperial Officers were offered a katana (a long Samurai sword) to partake in the killing. After they 'got over' initial guilt, the demon takes over and all sortsa funny things happened.

Yup, so-called 'Geneva Convention' and 'Rules of Engagement' aside. I believe many of us, having served NS, outwardly condemn violence but if war comes, all of us will turn into killing machines alike. And sadly, when that happens, its not a matter of 'choice'. Its a matter of 'killed or being killed'.

Perhaps the words from Thomas will sincerely remind us:

"What you bring forth out of yourself from the inside will save you.
What you do not bring forth out of yourself from the inside will destroy you."

Our thoughts and behavior can caused fundamental problems as the Universal Laws explain how our outer reality is actually a mirror of our inner reality. The urge or so call "need" to kill are mostly the outcome of the five deadly robbers that we are unable to dislodge.

That five robbers are:
Egoism, attachment, lust, wrath, avarice

The urge for fulfilling the four cardinal passions does put human into seriousness into the mood of destroying:
Anger, pride, deceitfulness and greed.

jsbn said:
True... That's where the term 'bloodlust' comes where combat is involved. :)

First time holding rifle, u fired and killed an enemy. As the time goes by, u become more and more thrilled upon seeing ur body count go up, blood spill and bodies broken and smashed.

This is probably what happened in the Rape of Nanking where first-time Japanese Imperial Officers were offered a katana (a long Samurai sword) to partake in the killing. After they 'got over' initial guilt, the demon takes over and all sortsa funny things happened.

Yup, so-called 'Geneva Convention' and 'Rules of Engagement' aside. I believe many of us, having served NS, outwardly condemn violence but if war comes, all of us will turn into killing machines alike. And sadly, when that happens, its not a matter of 'choice'. Its a matter of 'killed or being killed'.

I think most likely we will surrender if no neighbouring countries come to help. Just cut off your water & food supply will do.:think: Don't you guys agree?;p

What I realise that killing also maintain the sudden out-burst of global populations too. Imagine, that this killing existed since stone-age till now.:)

If murder is legal..... I've got a long list of people I will kill!!!:devil:

reckless drivers, manipulative, exploitative people.... :devil:

Spectrum said:
I think most likely we will surrender if no neighbouring countries come to help. Just cut off your water & food supply will do.:think: Don't you guys agree?;p
I don't think so.

But if everyone had ur mentality, we had already lost the war (any war, frm military to diplomatic) even before it began. :)

jsbn said:
I don't think so.

But if everyone had ur mentality, we had already lost the war (any war, frm military to diplomatic) even before it began. :)

We shall see if the real war comes dude. :) Maybe at that time, I'm too old to fight already.

Spectrum said:
We shall see if the real war comes dude. :) Maybe at that time, I'm too old to fight already.

Adrenaline rush...fight or flight
Most will have a tendency to run. Run with their family love ones.....provided all can run as fast. Then when you cannot run you'll fight.

Why not save the energy of running and fight first, the chance of winning is higher.

I'll get corny...

In the photography sense, we are all murderers. We talk endlessly about photo 'shoots', 'snipe' people and animals with our cameras and killer lenses without them knowing.

We tend to 'shoot' dozens of photos each time, making us the most trigger-happy people around, and we carry out our past-time with great passion, thought and deliberation. Often, we miss that perfect shot, but when we capture that, we know that we've made a killing.

*cough* That aside, yes, we each have a murderer in us, just as each of us has a hero within. Our anger and rage is forever behind fragile bars, an animal waiting to be released. It is how well we tame this beast that determines how good our temper really is.

Aton said:
Adrenaline rush...fight or flight
Most will have a tendency to run. Run with their family love ones.....provided all can run as fast. Then when you cannot run you'll fight.

Why not save the energy of running and fight first, the chance of winning is higher.

By the way, how old are you? Do you think we (the citizens) got enough time to flee the country with our family/love ones? Didn't you watch any movies or shows that tells you that the most important people got to leave 1st once they received the news. Think about that dude.:think:

i just think that, there's no absolute good or bad, just how you see it.

i believe there's a hidden devil in all of us, but it's the conscious mind that's keeping it in control. somehow those who lose it .. we call them perverts lor :bsmilie: if we all keep our thoughts to ourselves, then there'll be world peace :sweatsm:

i think good guys are sometimes 'worse' than bad guys. e.g. policeman ought to think like a criminal and outwit them :sticktong

In the beginning:
"God deliberated how to create man. He said to Himself,
'If I create him like the angels, he will be immortal.
If I create him like the beasts, he will be mortal.' God decided to
leave man's conduct to his own free choice, and if he had not
sinned, he would have been immortal."

However man chooses to fall and it all happen in the garden of Eden:

"If Adam had not sinned, he would not have begotten
children from the side of the evil inclination, but he would
have borne offspring from the side of the holy spirit.

But now, since all the children of men are born from the side of the
evil inclination, they have no permanence and are but short-lived,
because there is in them an element of the 'other side.' But if
Adam had not sinned and had not been driven from the Garden of
Eden, he would have begotten progeny from the side of the holy
spirit - a progeny holy as the celestial angels, who would have
endured for eternity, after the supernal pattern."

Likewise the intention of a task can be evil:

"Do you women spend hours in front of the mirror, thinking,
"I'm going to attract the attention of a lot of men by looking so pretty"?

Or do you think, "I want to look as pretty as possible in order
to spread joy to others"?

Is your thinking a little bit of both?
The first way of thinking is the way of Hell, while the second is the way of Heaven.

Even though two women may be doing exactly the same thing - spending the same amount of time putting on makeup-their motivation determines whether they are on the side of Heaven or Hell.":)

forward said:
In the beginning:
"God deliberated how to create man. He said to Himself,
'If I create him like the angels, he will be immortal.
If I create him like the beasts, he will be mortal.' God decided to
leave man's conduct to his own free choice, and if he had not
sinned, he would have been immortal."

However man chooses to fall and it all happen in the garden of Eden:

"If Adam had not sinned, he would not have begotten
children from the side of the evil inclination, but he would
have borne offspring from the side of the holy spirit.

But now, since all the children of men are born from the side of the
evil inclination, they have no permanence and are but short-lived,
because there is in them an element of the 'other side.' But if
Adam had not sinned and had not been driven from the Garden of
Eden, he would have begotten progeny from the side of the holy
spirit - a progeny holy as the celestial angels, who would have
endured for eternity, after the supernal pattern."

Likewise the intention of a task can be evil:

"Do you women spend hours in front of the mirror, thinking,
"I'm going to attract the attention of a lot of men by looking so pretty"?

Or do you think, "I want to look as pretty as possible in order
to spread joy to others"?

Is your thinking a little bit of both?
The first way of thinking is the way of Hell, while the second is the way of Heaven.

Even though two women may be doing exactly the same thing - spending the same amount of time putting on makeup-their motivation determines whether they are on the side of Heaven or Hell.":)
All Men are evil the moment they are born? :)

jsbn said:
When I say 'murderer', I mean literally.

Ie, a dark side to all of us. A beast waiting to be unleashed. Anyone agrees?

errr haha. thats kinda true. i mean seriously how many times have you held up a cute lil hamster and at the back of ur mind you wonder "hmmm what will happen if i squash this thing?"

or when you were a kid, no matter how cute a cat/doggie was you'd still have the urge to scare it away!! haha im not proud of it . . but its true.

oh issit just me *pouts*

Can we improve our lives when we take chances?

Perhaps..... and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves.

Step into self-awareness

"Getting in touch with your true self must be your first priority."

-- Tom Hopkins

Get to know first the different aspects of self-awareness and the first is to - Know yourself - Explore who you are: your defences, your blocks, your talents, your aspirations, your instinct in killing, your deceitfulness, your greediness, your selfishnes, your hypocritical attitude etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.