The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The existing Mac Pro will also get the new keyboard???

When Leopard is come out, it will be included in the new iMac???

Now you buy new iMac...of coz dun have bundled with Leopard.
but
if Leopard is out..and u buy the new iMac...then have lor.

but i dun like the reflective glass leh.
Do digital imaging on photos...very hard to see.
Color picker also hard.

:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

In October when Leopard is available, it will be included with all machines. At least, in the U.S.A., purchases of computers made 30 days prior to Leopard's release will get an Up-to-Date coupon that will allow a relatively cheap upgrade disc. They'll even throw a disc into refurbished machines' packages.

I hate to think that the new keyboard is going to be used with all machines, since it lacks the numeric keypad but it's likely to happen, as they included the cheap keyboard with the blue and white PowerMacs in the late 1990s. They'll likely continue to sell the white corded and Bluetooth keyboards until they have a more complete keyboard design.

Anyone know how can i back up all my system stuff? Can migrate the whole OS to a external harddisk?

I want to back up it for just in case as mine is 5 years +++ liao but it still working fine :) And i very gald! Hope it will have another 5 years :):bsmilie:

OLD IMAC nicer.... dont you all think. if hand on wall or something, pure white is nicer then the current one..

maybe course i havent seen the new one yet:what:

Now you buy new iMac...of coz dun have bundled with Leopard.
but
if Leopard is out..and u buy the new iMac...then have lor.

but i dun like the reflective glass leh.
Do digital imaging on photos...very hard to see.
Color picker also hard.

:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Switch off all your room lights..............:devil:

anyone knows if the photographers that appear in the chinese channel 8 focus program (9 AUG 07) is in this forum? The ones who goes around taking the heritage of SIngapore.

Anyone know how can i back up all my system stuff? Can migrate the whole OS to a external harddisk?

I want to back up it for just in case as mine is 5 years +++ liao but it still working fine :) And i very gald! Hope it will have another 5 years :):bsmilie:

You can use something like Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper to create exact copies and there are several good backup utilities like Retrospect to back up your user files.

What products do you wish Apple will come out???

I wish Apple will come out with a camera - so that can use together with Aperture software and ACD monitor. :lovegrin:

You can use something like Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper to create exact copies and there are several good backup utilities like Retrospect to back up your user files.

Just need the software to write it on the external hard disk?

Thanks dude

What products do you wish Apple will come out???

I wish Apple will come out with a camera - so that can use together with Aperture software and ACD monitor. :lovegrin:

Remember the QuickTake digital camera series? Apple were early in the business and won't likely go back there again.

It's tough enough to get them to support all the cameras out there already. :eek:

planning to buy a iMac soon...wondering if the mac OS has software to read word documents, powerpoint and excel files from MS? or do i have to buy the software separately?

planning to buy a iMac soon...wondering if the mac OS has software to read word documents, powerpoint and excel files from MS? or do i have to buy the software separately?

Yes Mac has their own version of Office as well. And yes you have to buy it separate but it comes as a Office Suite which has Entourage (Mail), Word, Excel and Power Point.

MS Office 2008 (next year)
Neo Office
Open Office
iWork

There's Neo Office, which is free and legal, that can open all sorts of MS Office documents. Even on a PC, I use Neo Office. I also use that on my Mac.

Highly recommended.

I just found a image viewer called Xee. Both the program and the images load very fast. Paging down speed is amazing too. Xee is open source.

Why bother with Neo Office? Use iWork 08 :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.