The torch that doesn't use batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw b4 in suntec.. convention area upstairs where they have sthg like pasar malam going on.. can't remember how much they selling for, tho'. n really needs quite a fair amt of shaking!

I bought one when I was in China last year, I threw it away because you got to shake real hard and the light is not bright and doesn't last long. This device doesn't hold charge for long. Good principle but lousy application. :thumbsd:

i wonder if you guys remember what you learned about magnets in school... magnetism is caused by the alignment of little dipoles in the metal, and heat and mechnical knocks tend to misalign the dipoles. In other words, a magnet can 'lose' (or weaken) its magnetism by heat and knocking.

This flashlight works by shaking the magnet up and down...

hmm..at least its not a solar torchlight! :bsmilie:

rayfoo said:
Forever Flashlight

The torchlight that doesnt need batteries? Someone said tt it's avai in SG...any news on it?

Actually I have a friend who is selling it. If you interested, I can help you find out. :thumbsup:

Check this out! http://www.foreverflashlight.com/
The price there is in US$ but my fren can get it cheaper.

Have seen this type of torchlights for sale at some DIY shops opp Bugis Junction... or try Mustafa along serangoon Rd.

caseytan said:
don't really like the idea of mast*****ing the flashlight to charge it :blah:

prefer the wind-up style, like this coleman light

Coleman Freeplay Flashlight

they have a wind-up radio too

Freeplay Radio
But probably makes more sense for carry along torchlight (eg. Hiking, travels) where you're always on the move and therefore constantly 'charging' the light??

Anybody wants to find out the S$ price and start an MO??

read this review : http://flashlightreviews1.home.att.net/reviews/ait_nightstar2.htm

NOTE : As a result of the strong magnetic field generated by this light, the light MUST be stored and used away from anything sensitive to a strong magnetic field. DO NOT place near a TV, monitor, floppy disks, hard drives, credit cards (don't stuff it in your back pocket with your wallet!), video tapes, or sensitive electronics.

if handphone can shake like this to charge battery that will be great isnt it :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.