I bought one when I was in China last year, I threw it away because you got to shake real hard and the light is not bright and doesn't last long. This device doesn't hold charge for long. Good principle but lousy application. :thumbsd:
i wonder if you guys remember what you learned about magnets in school... magnetism is caused by the alignment of little dipoles in the metal, and heat and mechnical knocks tend to misalign the dipoles. In other words, a magnet can 'lose' (or weaken) its magnetism by heat and knocking.
This flashlight works by shaking the magnet up and down...
NOTE : As a result of the strong magnetic field generated by this light, the light MUST be stored and used away from anything sensitive to a strong magnetic field. DO NOT place near a TV, monitor, floppy disks, hard drives, credit cards (don't stuff it in your back pocket with your wallet!), video tapes, or sensitive electronics.