The Risks Street Photographers Take

Sometimes if too close and get stared at sharply, just ask and speak nicely. If they refused, walk away. If already taken and they insist on grabbing your gear, just delete that shot in front of them in order not to offend further.

people actually bother to follow you ard and nag at you jz to delete a photo? haha lol

people actually bother to follow you ard and nag at you jz to delete a photo? haha lol

maybe need to act a bit mah, if they try to grab your gear i mean. be assertive and show, del then go. not exactly follow :)

One more for the road. Waited for a couple of hours for someone to peep through the window. Glad I did because the stare she gave me was priceless.

The owner(?) of the restaurant (1st floor) was very suspicious of what I was doing so he started circling me. I ignored him and just concentrated on my task. Eventually he gave in and asked what I was doing, and a bit aggressively at that. Told him I work for Silver Kris and doing a documentary of Little India.:bsmilie: He was very amused when he saw the photo.:thumbsup:

5150813831_e70727f66d_b.jpg

Last edited:
One more for the road. Waited for a couple of hours for someone to peep through the window. Glad I did because the stare she gave me was priceless.

The owner(?) of the restaurant (1st floor) was very suspicious of what I was doing so he started circling me. I ignored him and just concentrated on my task. Eventually he gave in and asked what I was doing, and a bit aggressively at that. Told him I work for Silver Kris and doing a documentary of Little India.:bsmilie: He was very amused when he saw the photo.:thumbsup:

5150813831_e70727f66d_z.jpg

I think that's a great shot, if you can bring up the light in the room a little more to see her face better then I would be sending it to National Geographic :D

I think that's a great shot, if you can bring up the light in the room a little more to see her face better then I would be sending it to National Geographic :D

Hmmm.. Looks bright enough here on my side.. I'm not very confident with my monitor, though.. 3 years with no calibration.:p

Anyways, I've seen that video of B. Gilden some time back. Now that's too much, IMHO. I'm sure some people with balls of steel wouldn't mind following his example. Next thing we know there's strict laws on street photography already just because of this guy's crazy antics. His gangster series however, is awesome. I'll try to find the video later.

Last edited:

5150813831_e70727f66d_z.jpg

ok am i the only one who found this photo scary? I first saw this photo last night and it made my hairs stand. :eek:

ok am i the only one who found this photo scary? I first saw this photo last night and it made my hairs stand. :eek:

I don't find so leh... in fact, I find it quite abstract...

Look... at that colourful wall and windows... and then, take a look at that subject...

It gives me that contrasting feeling of how nice it looks like externally... but what about internally...

Hmmm.. Looks bright enough here on my side.. I'm not very confident with my monitor, though.. 3 years with no calibration.:p

Anyways, I've seen that video of B. Gilden some time back. Now that's too much, IMHO. I'm sure some people with balls of steel wouldn't mind following his example. Next thing we know there's strict laws on street photography already just because of this guy's crazy antics. His gangster series however, is awesome. I'll try to find the video later.

What's calibration? :D

It looks dark, maybe that's why it looks scary. Anyway on my screen it doesn't match with the sunny look of the walls and windows.

What's calibration? :D

It looks dark, maybe that's why it looks scary. Anyway on my screen it doesn't match with the sunny look of the walls and windows.

Not really well-versed with monitor calibration so I'll just let this do the talking for me:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/colorvisionmonitorspyder/

The wall is actually painted with a very bright yellow. It was taken around 6:30PM and the sun sets behind the building so it doesn't really have it's part in the picture.:)

I think it's scary as well and that's what I like about this photo. It evokes an emotion.:)

saw this video in three seperate posts in cs today haha deja vu ;) although very afraid to do what he does in modern day sg hahaha later accidentally snap some "369" gang member and end up in the next day's paper hahaha

So Gilden's trending today hahaha.:bsmilie: Actually, only a crazy person will do that. Gangs outside SG are more notorious. Where I come from there's a very high possibility that they will take your camera and kill you just for kicks. I tried doing street in the outskirts of old Manila but never even got the chance to whip out my cam. Two guys started following me real close. Maybe because I was wearing 'different' clothes. I dunno.:dunno: I quickly went inside a nearby hospital and gave them the finger.:D Risky business, street is.:sweat:

So Gilden's trending today hahaha.:bsmilie: Actually, only a crazy person will do that. Gangs outside SG are more notorious. Where I come from there's a very high possibility that they will take your camera and kill you just for kicks. I tried doing street in the outskirts of old Manila but never even got the chance to whip out my cam. Two guys started following me real close. Maybe because I was wearing 'different' clothes. I dunno.:dunno: I quickly went inside a nearby hospital and gave them the finger.:D Risky business, street is.:sweat:

haha the manila incident sounds funny lol got stalked and ended giving them the finger haha i salute you and your brave finger good sir :bsmilie:

haha the manila incident sounds funny lol got stalked and ended giving them the finger haha i salute you and your brave finger good sir :bsmilie:

Hahaha. The finger was brave alright. However, the person who owns the finger was scared shitless LOL.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Not really well-versed with monitor calibration so I'll just let this do the talking for me:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/colorvisionmonitorspyder/

The wall is actually painted with a very bright yellow. It was taken around 6:30PM and the sun sets behind the building so it doesn't really have it's part in the picture.:)

I think it's scary as well and that's what I like about this photo. It evokes an emotion.:)

DP give it another treatment highlighting the woman a bit more with a bit of warmth and post it.