The "Red Eyed" Kite ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore / Taiwan
www.myviewfinder.net
The Black Shoulder Kite, a resident raptor in Singapore, is unmistakably one of the most beautiful raptor to grace our skies. An adult BSK sports a greyish body and a white head that is distinctly marked by its pair of striking red eyes.

Unlike what Harlequin had delivered in his post on the Black Shoulder Kite, this one doesn't reside in a backyard. :D

I give thee, the raging beauty, the black shoulder kite.

26aug04-bsk-01.jpg
26aug04-bsk-02.jpg

Left Pic - The raging beauty
Right Pic - The BSK, a split second before it takes off

Shot partially hand-held with "beanbag technique" on a support @ 850mm

For your comments and viewing pleasure :)

Seems like the same tree in Harlequin's posting leh :blah:

You having coffee at his house this morning is it? :D :D

Nice catch, except the sky's blue is slightly different.

Isn't your's and Harlequin's the same identical bird. :bsmilie:

U shoot in the wild and he shoot in his backyard....that's really funny :bsmilie: :bigeyes: :bsmilie: nvm, i'll just mind my own business...

WOW!tis is even better!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: u managed 2 capture the eyes n flight so nicely :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stunning shots!!!!!! :bigeyes: The first one especially is a killer! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . Love the expression on its face!! 2nd shot too, spot-on timing for that one. The first shot still is the best, really 3D quality look to it, as if its gonna jump off the screen at you!

Absolutely fantastic shots, well done!

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
Awesome shot ~! Especially the first one! I concur with Garion, it is like 3D! :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for thy kind input and comments. :)

The difference in color for the sky is largely due to the different time and angle these shots were taken, this resulted in a visible variation in color.

Well, the part on the location is true, it ain't from anyone's backyard. :D

The 180 degrees head turn by the BSK is interesting. Make the bird looks more puffy. :D

The eyes in the first shot tells it all, ie brings out the predatory character of the raptor. ! Well done great shot. :thumbsup:

As for the second shot good timing and capture of the moment. Compared to the first the second, it is merely a record shot. I may sound critical of the second shot, but I think at times being critical will challenge us to greater heights.

And yes, ain't our backyar, the outdoor. Afterall our little is so small that there is no difference afterall :bsmilie:

Cheers :)

Very nice shots indeed, thanks for sharing.

As Garion said, the first one has a nice 3D effect. Actually, I've noticed that a certain level of USM can give a 3D effect to the picture, managed to be able to do it for once, but can't seem to do it for other pics.

Great capture and good timing. :thumbsup: Didn't realise there are still so rare birdies in Singapore.

Cheers

Thank you PE, gooseberry and Newguy69, your input and comments are very much appreciated :)

PE: Thanks for the insight. I agree, I am not totally satisfied with the 2nd shot too. Personally, I feel that a little more DOF will do more good. It is IMO, like what said, merely a "keepable" record shot documenting the BSK. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.