The Perks of using Olympus

innerzen

Dec 5, 2008
K.L. M'sia
It is Chinese New Year time, let's be happy with a good read.

Having an Olympus camera has its perks. Everyone knows that Olympus is a lousy camera if not the worst. For that when I am using this camera I am never under pressure to perform.
I remember when I bought my first SLR on my 21st birthday the then Nikon F2, everytime I show my pictures, people expected good results.
When it was good they said "of course you use Nikon what" and when pictures were bad they say " what? give you a Nikon also you can't take good pictures, you lousy photographer".
So now I bought a Oly, when my pictures are bad, people expected it "Olympus what, what do you expext?" When the pictures are good they say " are you sure you use Olympus? "
I said yes, " wah like that you are a damn good photographer man" that sound sweet. I never look back since.

And then, when you shoot with fellow Nikonians and Canonians especially on beautiful models , I too have perks.
You know models look at me and my camera in a more relax mood wan because they don't expect any good thing comming out from me.
The best is when I asked them to give me a cool look or sultry look they give easily , no pressure on them also ma.
Some times some models give me instead a WTF look you Olypusssy fella, I get expressions that CanIkonians dont get.
One day this pics might win me a prize.
You know, models get intimidated facing a Canon, You will too if some one point a Canon at you ? The only time I point a canon is in a bedroom.
And then the Nikons, girls hate Nikons, girls never like to be konned you know. Olympus get a great standing with the girls as our name make them feel nice.
Olypussy have something in common with them as we feel as one.

Sometime, girls hate Olypussy user, not me though, but some of my friends'. It took me a while to realise why.
Somehow Olypussy show the girls' face in a bad way , every flaws, pimples and blemishes are highlighted with Olympus.
What is wrong with Olypussy? They seems to put their microscope technology to their cameras?
Luckily I have learn some skin smoothing technique and if you learn that the girls love your Pussy colors.

It is very safe to go street shooting with Olympus, you don't get robbed, hey robbers know it is hard to sell Olympus in black market.
Heck if you ever get rob just walk to the direction that the robber ran and check on the rubbish bin and I bet you can find your camera back within 500 meters.
They will throw it away for sure when they realise it is Olympus.

Olympus is for lazy people like me. Lazy to PP. I just shoot Jpeg, Oly do half the PP for me. Now they have many art filters and that makes my job easier even.
And then now I am lazy in other ways too. When I was young I have no qualms in climbing high and lie down low to capture a good shot.
I can't do that anymore, so Oly help me a lot. I use the live view function to go down low and I bring it above head high , whew , that sure save me on my back and legs now that I am pass 55.
Many years ago some phography guru said the best zoom lens is the legs. I used to follow that when young,
now I do it with Oly, its 4/3 system allow me to carry just two lens and I zoom from 24mm to 400mm.
Haha, many times I shoot in my nephew's fashion studio I just sat on a chair and zoom my lens only and shoot, I hardly move. Hey the models are younger let them do the moving..

It is not easy to get by with this lousy camera on most time. Luckily Oly have some sharp lens and the colors are always good enough for me to bluff my way through.
My subjects (vitims) can accept my pictures, well they got no choice what, it is free. If I charge money you think I dare to use Olympus ah? I use Hasselblad already.

Hasselblad is my favourite camera, I used one before in the film days and it is one hell of a camera. Most of all I love the way I shoot my models,
I hold it chest high I look down in the screen, from this angle I get the best perspective.
And then, I love the " what you see is what you get " screen. Say, come to think of it those medium format were the first live view camera.
Maybe that is why I feel I belong with my Olympus, when I use the liveview I have the same feeling of my Hasselblad days. Haha, that is a cheap thrill worth, this I like.

Now Oly just release the E5 , they say it is a perfected camera and they compare it with likes of Nikon D3, (sheehs they must be dreaming) but I like,
Now I can use a camera and shoot like Nikon D3s but say it is Olympus and I get all the credits for the good pictures. Life has been good with Olympus. I like.

I hope you enjoy a good read on my ranting. when you use Olypussy this long your IQ, artistic inclination and humour reach a different level.
My Health Guru told me that when you are high in IQ and have right creative brain functioning well, it is because you are rich with a brain nurient call phosphorus.
This is one chemical nutrient that spark the light bulb when ideas pouring in. The "got it" "bingo" "nirvana" effect. So as I write this my Ole'pussy is stirring the bulb. Recently Oly have introduce the Pen series , the PenIS to compliment my Ole'Pussy and now my two cameras are having intercross and I am having orgasm all the time.

If you are Canikon or other brand user I hope you have the humour of read on this write up, if not please eat more nutrient phosphorus. If you get emotional negatively it means you are lacking this nutrient greatly. You need plenty of it to get artistic and creative pictures. Of course you can also jumpship to Olympus and the OlyPussy and/or the PenIS will tickle your creativity to orgasmic high level.

Err... what's the point of this thread? Other than what seems to be like "Olympus is very good" like that,and reading the Olympussy and other words seems very... err... not nice la, don't know how to put it but just doesn't look nice

Last edited:
I learnt a new word, "Olypussy", hahhaha

P1216631PPMCNY.jpg

Sure, Olympus cameras are pretty decent. Probably more decent that half of your post here.

I remember when I bought my first SLR on my 21st birthday the then Nikon F2, everytime I show my pictures, people expected good results.

If you are Canikon or other brand user I hope you have the humour of read on this write up, if not please eat more nutrient phosphorus. If you get emotional negatively it means you are lacking this nutrient greatly.

F2 for 21st B'day means u r either old man or old old man liao :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Pls choose 1

Err... what's the point of this thread? Other than what seems to be like "Olympus is very good" like that,and reading the Olympussy and other words seems very... err... not nice la, don't know how to put it but just doesn't look nice

U have too much negativity, pls eat more phosphorus as per prescribed by Dr innerzen :bsmilie:

Lastly the pic posted shud read "Happy & Phosphorus CNY" HAHAHAHA!!! :bsmilie:

Edited: What food gives the max phosphorus?? Bananas? :bsmilie:

Last edited:
wah lao eh nightpiper,its not negativity, its curiousity for first part and serious for 2nd hahaha,later this one become flame thread then how? Then I :kok: you la :bsmilie:

wah lao eh nightpiper,its not negativity, its curiousity for first part and serious for 2nd hahaha,later this one become flame thread then how? Then I :kok: you la :bsmilie:
So, you are having a headache on how to moderate TS' post? Or are you trying to prevent a big headache? :bsmilie:

So, you are having a headache on how to moderate TS' post? Or are you trying to prevent a big headache? :bsmilie:

simple. just lock the thread? :dunno:

Its a great post! Thanks! Gave me a laugh for today.

But......risk being censored. LOL!!

Bravo!!!!! Love ur post

Actually I'm more of conflicted, one hand, its a joke, but the other hand, you know hahaha

Interesting terminologies, not to everyones liking/approval... I like though:)

F2 for 21st B'day means u r either old man or old old man liao Pls choose 1

U have too much negativity, pls eat more phosphorus as per prescribed by Dr innerzen

Lastly the pic posted shud read "Happy & Phosphorus CNY" HAHAHAHA!!! :

Edited: What food gives the max phosphorus?? Bananas?

NightPiper, you are sure a rich and phosphorus man. :thumbsup:

I am a grandpa liao. I wrote I pass 55. still rich and phosphorus too. :angel:

To all, as the first sentence said, It is CNY , time to let loose, let go and enjoy a good read.
Any body feel jittery should eat more bananas , jambu and climb more trees. Don't take life so seriously.

Camera wars? Olympussy is already the worst how to fight a war. We don't get great features but just enjoy some perks here and there with a pinch of phosphorus. ;)

Those who enjoy , congratulations, your mother was feeding you right. :thumbsup:

NightPiper, you are sure a rich and phosphorus man. :thumbsup:

To all, as the first sentence said, It is CNY , time to let loose, let go and enjoy a good read.
Any body feel jittery should eat more bananas , jambu and climb more trees. Don't take life so seriously.

Camera wars? Olympussy is already the worst how to fight a war. We don't get great features but just enjoy some perks here and there with a pinch of phosphorus. ;)

Those who enjoy , congratulations, your mother was feeding you right. :thumbsup:

You know, you are absolutely right....we should just give up, accept, and acknowledge to everyone that Olympus makes cheap and crap cameras.....I like! HAHAHA!! Like that, we can move on to talk about pictures rather than about comparing cameras and technology!!! What a relief!!! :thumbsup:

Yo granpa, i like this writing very entertaining.
If you are going for a job interview you will definitly get the job.
You able to turn your weaknesses into strengths, 2 thumbs up.

Nowdays, almost every forums busy comparing and discussing the weakside of a certain camera, today you teach us how to manage those weaknesses to become our strengths.
Anyway i don't think there is such perfect camera for everybody

This writing should't be censored because it is inside olympus forum. Any nikonian or canonian who read this maybe interested to switch to olympus? hahaha...

Cheers,
(ps: i am a nikonian but also like olyPUSSY :)

sharing a pic, click it for the story..

in the wild, 10 hyenas beats 1 lion..

wah lao eh nightpiper,its not negativity, its curiousity for first part and serious for 2nd hahaha,later this one become flame thread then how?

The fact that the thread is still in its infancy & u already have thots that it'll become a flame thread shows u need a heavy dose of phosphorus HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I have thots u r going to eat white chicken rice with extra chicken tom for lunch HAHAHAHAHA!!! Will u fulfil this "prophecy"? :p

NightPiper, you are sure a rich and phosphorus man.

Eh.... i not rich but hopefully this new year can be a great start :lovegrin:

Good to hear u r still rich & phosphorus, anyway more importantly i want to wish u strong & healthy for this coming new yr, so u can run around snapping with the Olypussy & showing its true prowess :lovegrin:

Here's to a great & phosphorus rabbit year!! :cheers: