The Nikon "G11" - P7000

TMC

Sep 4, 2004
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10090819nikonp7000.asp

P7000_001.jpg

lets wait for the Canon G12 to be release than we can compare which is better :)

Just looking at the specs only, I think Pana LX5 and Samsung EX1 are better.
Have to wait until it is released then can draw a conclusion.

widest at f2.8 not enuff I feel...:think:
*though black looks cooler on Nikon*:bsmilie:

Liked the overall design, if the top have chrome model would looked even sweet. Wished they had not used the ring eyelet (not sure what's it's called) taking video might pickup noise from the friction. Also wished they had put in a swivel LCD too. Anyway, I am not waiting for this... for me the main event would be Nikon Mirrorless version. So, the wait continues.

BK_FourCorners0718-610x457.jpg

So this image was taken by Nikon Coolpix P7000 :thumbsup:

This camera looks very well built. Nikon has not been coming out with any notably outstanding compact. Hope this one will set the trend for things to come.

This camera looks very well built. Nikon has not been coming out with any notably outstanding compact. Hope this one will set the trend for things to come.

sad to say Nikon current line up for Compact doesn't really attract anyone, was at NSC few days ago and all the 11 other users are DSLR user, no compact user was at there :dunno:

hope with the P7000, they will have better compact, but don't neglect their DSLR :devil:

A new raw format .
Maybe can get this for second body
Haha

Don't think it can match the IQ of the Sony NEX3 which is only slightly bigger and more expensive...

[vid]m5e9Elkaw6s&feature=player_embedded[/vid]

I might get one. For the first time, I'm interested in a Nikon compact.

Don't think it can match the IQ of the Sony NEX3 which is only slightly bigger and more expensive...

Depends on your lens?

From the sample pics, IQ seems ok. waaa can use SB400 SB600 also...
Will make a good companion to a dslr when travelling.

Last edited:
why not just keep on waiting for the next and the next and the next and brand to brand just to compare? seems like more people love to compare specs rather than going out to have fun taking pictures. could you tell which camera took a general nicely taken picture with your normal eyes?