The New Paper NEW FACE 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
good idea, i seconded that so each person sms 20 time can la

if she is gonna pay the bill 20times ain't sufficient for her lah brother... I will just keep my fingers on the key pad during the whole event w/o touching my camera... Camera is 5FPS me is 20sms per min.. hahaha:bsmilie:

if she is gonna pay the bill 20times ain't sufficient for her lah brother... I will just keep my fingers on the key pad during the whole event w/o touching my camera... Camera is 5FPS me is 20sms per min.. hahaha:bsmilie:

ah ya so troublesome, crack into the voting and up peggy loh.... i know you can do yhis just for her

:cry: NOOO!!!! :( Why Friday? :bheart: I can't make it!!!! :mad2: :flush:

Gotta take off, get a tix (if needed) and go !!! Hope my flash comes back from NSC by then :(:(

too bad we got no 500mm prime lens?:cry: :cry: Imagine using that Canon 1200mm prime to shoot Peggy... wah lau ah.. steady blow pee pee ah.. hahah.. The barrier is liked 10km far from stage.. 300mm apparently not enough...if use tele-converter,apecture SUCKS..

How come only got 15 faces ?? Thought is 20??

Yap support Peggy and Andrea!!!!

From new paper gallery is calculated 15 faces , when calculate in the video cast is 20 faces.:bsmilie:

Old my,my,my need to rush down to taka and it on friday. damn:(

Y cannot make it ?? try make time for it ... I call n take day off liaos
:bheart: That day got test sia... :cry: Wah!!! :mad2: I'm supporting CJ :cheergal:

:bheart: That day got test sia... :cry: Wah!!! :mad2: I'm supporting CJ :cheergal:

after test lor....rush down...we chop place for u....:lovegrin:

after test lor....rush down...we chop place for u....:lovegrin:
You know my pattern one lor, if can rush sure rush one... but I think most likely reach already ar, end liao... :sweatsm: Will try lah... I also want to go there "chu" power... hahaa....

think it time to sell away for my gears and buy the video cam liao....

32X 33X Optical Zoom is easy for the digital video camera manufacturers. So it has never been a selling point. The selling points are

(1) 3 CCD sensors
(2) A larger imager, e.g. 1/3 inch instead of 1/6 inch in budget cameras
(3) 5 MegaPixels for Still Photos (Recorded as 6 seconds of stationary photos on Video tape)
(4) Mini DV format (DVD cam and Harddisk video cameras have poorer quality because of more compression than mini DV)
(5) HDV (High Definition Video, The Future! Soon Standard Definition (SD) will be phased out.)
(6) Low light capability, e.g. min. 3 lux
(7) Optical image stabilization, not digital image stabilization (DIS)
(8) No Moire patterns

A few photographers I spoke to are thinking of dumping their Digital SLRs and going for video cameras instead. Videos give life to a subject because of the inherent capability to capture motion. Still photography cannot do that.

You can also think of videography as taking 25 photos in 1 second very rapidly.

After all, a video is really composed of still pictures (frames), but being sequenced extremely rapidly to give you motion.

A few photographers I spoke to are thinking of dumping their Digital SLRs and going for video cameras instead. Videos give life to a subject because of the inherent capability to capture motion. Still photography cannot do that.

You can also think of videography as taking 25 photos in 1 second very rapidly.

After all, a video is really composed of still pictures (frames), but being sequenced extremely rapidly to give you motion.

IMO, it's like comparing apples with oranges. While I agree with what you said, it must also be mentioned that single stills form very powerful images that can stick in people's minds for a very long time. In essence, photography is all about capturing that one single fleeting moment, and preserving it forever.

It's really a matter of one complementing the other, rather than replacing each other or competing which is better, stills or video.

Status
Not open for further replies.