the fisheye effect

Deedeeyaw22x

Apr 18, 2011
Central Singapore
Ive been told by a fellowsales man (a shop in Penin) about the fisheye effect. I actually wanted to get a secondhand fisheye because running short of bucks. But anyway, he recommended me a screw on for my kit lens which gives the circular effect like the fish eye. Anybody here already tried that?..

i need some reviews on it :)

If you really Like what you see for it go ahead. If he charges you more than $40 for it, he's overcharging you.

There's a reason why real fisheye lenses are 4-digits in price. You can't expect to pay a tenth of that and get the same or near quality.

Hope this helps!

mediocre products which are not worth a second look.

And yes I have tried such products and no the only time I will ever own it is if it was given to me for free. :)

don't waste your money, it is not a fisheye lens at all, only the center of the image is reasonable sharp, the rest of it is blur.

Assuming you have a crop body, the Samyang 8mm Fisheye is pretty good.

However it is manual focus.

i dun really fancy fisheye and u cannot use a fisheye to shoot whatever things you want (only some). so you may probably want to rent a fisheye lens to decide if this is a lens u want else it will be a waste of $$ later.

i dun really fancy fisheye and u cannot use a fisheye to shoot whatever things you want (only some). so you may probably want to rent a fisheye lens to decide if this is a lens u want else it will be a waste of $$ later.

Yup Fisheye lenses are remarkably subjective. They are sometimes spectacular (especially in concerts) but over use it and it will get stale PRETTY fast…

InTheHighest-79 by FrutigerSans, on Flickr