The Clie NZ90 is oh sooooo SEXY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kongg

Feb 8, 2002
Ang Mo Kio outskirts
kongg.clubsnap.org
Saw it, touched it, tried it. Luv it!!!The size is not that BIG as first mentioned by reviews on the net. The colors are vivid and the camera is adequate(Very useful for my new job). The magnesium casing also feels solid. Anyone got this PDA???pls share experiences.

At that kind of price it'd be more prudent to get a smaller and cheaper Palm or a Pockect PC which can do more anyway.

add a bit more can get laptop liao....
if no need to add more money can already get a second hand laptop !!

Just my 2 cents.. as I got to handle one too....

I would rather get a PPC rather than a Palm based pdt.... :)
a PPC seems more "powerful" than a Clie...

But anyway, the screen on the Clie is anything to die for... :bsmilie:

Originally posted by crazypaladin
Palm is dying... (this will invite lots of flames)...

... and STILL you make the statement anyway. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think clubsnappers would rather debate about DSLRs than PDAs. Try baiting at spug or pic and see what sort of responses that statement will draw.

:rolleyes:

THe bulk really puts everybody off...it has the thickness of about the a VHS tape....

PPC still rules man. The price tags that palm devices carry are way too much to justify it's capabilities. :rbounce:

Originally posted by Mr Fish
PPC still rules man. The price tags that palm devices carry are way too much to justify it's capabilities. :rbounce:

Flame warning.

1) PPC never ruled.

2) Not all Palm devices are expensive.

3) PPC still run on windows. What do windows do? :rolleyes:

Me poor person. No PPC for me. :)

Originally posted by Que Lynn

... and STILL you make the statement anyway. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think clubsnappers would rather debate about DSLRs than PDAs. Try baiting at spug or pic and see what sort of responses that statement will draw.

:rolleyes:

Yep. you'd probably get 20 responses the minute you post it.. then the mod will get called in to delete the thread...... :D

Originally posted by Silverelf

Flame warning.

1) PPC never ruled.

2) Not all Palm devices are expensive.

3) PPC still run on windows. What do windows do? :rolleyes:

Me poor person. No PPC for me. :)

1)Erm actually u're right...heheehh

2) Yah, the palm m105 is very cheap :D

3) Palms crash too. The clie i had crashed a few times on me too. The PPCs that i had do crash once in a while but not that seldom as my windows XP do. Boo hoo. Anyway when they do crash, just do a soft reset. For palms...if it crashes, normall y i have to do a hard reset...argh

4)PPCs are not expensive! That's another big myth that is totally not true. New ipaq 3870 with bluetooth builtin (the sound quality rocks as well) costs something like 600 plus brand new! If buy second hand the PPCs are even cheaper... My fren bought a jornada 568 with lotsof freebies and t cost him 400 bucks only... almost 11 months warranty some more...

Originally posted by Mr Fish

My fren bought a jornada 568 with lotsof freebies and t cost him 400 bucks only... almost 11 months warranty some more...

u mean my 568?? haha...bought at 500 sold away at 460 after 8 mths !!! =p

I have being using the NZ90 for abt 5 days and these are my experiences so far:-

- Beautiful screen
- Acceptable pic quality wif 2 megapixel camera
- Solid "brick" ;), but not as bulky as 1st thought to be
- Battery needs to be "trained" to be stronger and "smarter"
- Cradle veri useful as a display stand. Looks kool too
- Good quality sound
- Swivel design gives the clients the "WOW" look
- Road warrior ready wif wifi n bluetooth(builtin)

This PDA is very useful tool for property agents(like me) as the magnesium body is rather robust and is suited for "on the road" pple. Had shown some of my colleagues this PDA n they may be getting one soon. Wif the camera, I can take pics of properties onsite and present them to prospective clients, personally or via email. Can even present em in horizontal mode.

Gripes
- Flimsy stylus and holder
- Expensive accessories esp MS
- No leather case yet
- May be too bulky to some users
- Battery can drain fast if all multimedia features are used extensively.

Hope this give some insights to potential buyers of the Sony Clie NZ90.

Status
Not open for further replies.