The biggest Event : NDP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the rehearsals started? Will Stefanie Sun Yan Zi be there when there are rehearsals? How many times do you all actually rehearse before the actual parade start? When do you all usually rehearse?
Yes, rehearsals started early this year. The various segments to the NDP show rehearse individually at different locations, they then can together for 6 combine rehearsals and a preview show. Stefanie will only be at selected rehearsals. As most of the participants are school children and working adults, rehearsals are usually during the weekends.

Stef !!! here i come !!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ninelives
the preview is on 27 July 2002

http://www.ndp2002.org.sg/ndpupload/epress/site/ndp/libfiles/ticketsnr.doc

There should be a few more rehearsals and an "National Education Show" or something like that. Not all rehearsals have fireworks though. Gives you enough time to scout for good locations and practise your fireworks exposure before the "big day". :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

There should be a few more rehearsals and an "National Education Show" or something like that. Not all rehearsals have fireworks though. Gives you enough time to scout for good locations and practise your fireworks exposure before the "big day". :)

Regards
CK

how's your last year one(hehe, I was late). I was very happy with mine, that was my 1st try tho.

thanks to the tips from Jed Wee.

anyone know where will it gonna be this year?

when is the rehearsal ??

Ppls, want to go together on that day to snap snap? :D

how's your last year one(hehe, I was late). I was very happy with mine, that was my 1st try tho.

thanks to the tips from Jed Wee.

First time - failure (The National Education Show one)
2nd time was with Jed
3rd time no fireworks
4th time is the actual day.

Pretty satisfied with the results, but could do with a better background. ;)

Regards
CK

Sorry to disappoint, but our Ms Sun will not be coming for the actual day performance if I'm correct (80% sure). If I'm not wrong, another TCS actress will be taking over her place. ;)

Originally posted by firefox13
where's a good location to snap snap? indoor stadium side?

Lots of locations.
1. Cosy Bay area, facing the stadium
2. Old Airport Road flats
3. Nicoll Highway area

several more I can't remember.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by azone
Sorry to disappoint, but our Ms Sun will not be coming for the actual day performance if I'm correct (80% sure). If I'm not wrong, another TCS actress will be taking over her place. ;)

No leh Sun Yan Zi will be there on the Preview and Actual day. Only during the NE show she will not be there. Jamie Teo will be there on the NE show instead (99% sure). ;)

There will be one rehearsal this Sat at National Stm.

Hi,
some of my friends in my Youth Gp who are participating in one of the segments gave me the following dates that they have to be there.

However I don't have the details (assumptions in brackets)

13-7-2002 Sat (Rehearsal?)
20-7-2002 Sat (Rehearsal?)
27-7-2002 Sat (Preview?)
3-8-2002 Sat (?)
9-8-2002 Fri (Actual)
17-8-2002 Sat (Reserved date in case of bad weather on actual day?)

Time I don't really know, most probably is the usual 5pm+ to 8pm+.

Hopefully someone can provide more details.

Cheers!!!

Anyone know if it's a full dress rehearsal on this coming Sat and next Sat?

For fireworks, it doesn't really matters where you take the shot if you are about 1-3 km away because it's high up in the sky, just make sure there's no building blocking it! It's up to your creativity, you can use a church, building, a river as a foreground/ background. I think it makes the shot more interesting! Which i'm going to try out this year. Last year was shooting from the blocks of flat at pine close! Find it too boring! So be adventurous and have fun capturing those fireworks!

Having part of the organising committee in NDP'99, a few tips for you guys :)

1. Take note of the timing for all the events (e.g flypast, fireworks, etc...) NDP runs like clockwork, to the precise second. Once you take note of the time, you can predict when the firework will come on, rather than holding on to your cable release for 1 hr waiting for it to happen :) The timing is the same for all rehearsal, preview and actual day.

2. Usually they don't stop public from going into the stadium during the rehearsal, just don't go in a big group and make a lot of noise.

Have fun capuring NDP 2002!

count me in..i am interested to shoot at fireworks too...

best if can get photographer pass for NDP

oh..nevermind, i must be dreaming...

Sun Yan Zi will definitely be there!

they had their first full-dress rehearsal last Sun

she was there in person!
[along with Sharon Au, Adrian Pang, Gurmit Singh & the last
host whose name I do not know]

last sun's rehearsal had fireworks too ...

Status
Not open for further replies.