TFCD-racequeens

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn said:
1 week later MIA, another 2 weeks time back as paid shoot.

espn take out his crystal ball again :bsmilie:

jeanie said:
also, another issue is, what makes us sure that the pics will not end up in some sleazy websites like sammyboy or sggirls?is there a clause or verse to protect their privacy?they definitely do not mind the pics up in this forum though.
if you prefer to email, then email me at nmitanj@yahoo.com.sg

It's good to know that you have your models' (friends') best interests at heart. I would do the same as well with those infamous websites around.

To the experts here, please shed some light on how you guys go about drafting the papers (contracts/agreements) on this matter.

Even with the papers, there's really nothing to stop anyone from lifting images posted here and "contributing" them to those websites.

KNIGHT ONG said:
Shoot .. keep the photos and dun post lor .. :)

That's one possibility. However, you know as well as I do, that we photographers need to show our works to a wider audience for self-promotion.

We could splash the images with watermarks to help prevent leeching and abuse.

But that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking about the legality of this issue.

Jemapela said:
That's one possibility. However, you know as well as I do, that we photographers need to show our works to a wider audience for self-promotion.

If you see someone leeching yr pics for leery sites you can ask the site owners to remove it... a lot of the these sites tend to respond quickly as they don't want any legal action or to piss the wrong people off. They practice the silence means consent principle, so just make noise.

solarii said:
If you see someone leeching yr pics for leery sites you can ask the site owners to remove it... a lot of the these sites tend to respond quickly as they don't want any legal action or to piss the wrong people off. They practice the silence means consent principle, so just make noise.

Yes, I believe that they do as you have described.

However, it doesn't appear to be the case with sggirls website. A buddy of mine got his works leeched and displayed there but the webmaster gave 100% no reply and took 100% no action.

Jemapela said:

I agreed that photographers need to show their works to a wider audience for self promotion.

But then again, we have the choices to be selective which works to show....

Since it is TFCD, we have to respect both models and photographer agreement. If the models do not wish their photos to be on the web, then just shoot and pass them the CD lor. Else some photographers may not even want to post on the web.

As the thread starter wrote, she afraid the pictures may be abused. Then just shoot and keep lor ... ;)

So you organising the TFCD? Include me leh.. Planjah you kopi :)

KNIGHT ONG said:
I agreed that photographers need to show their works to a wider audience for self promotion.

But then again, we have the choices to be selective which works to show....

Since it is TFCD, we have to respect both models and photographer agreement. If the models do not wish their photos to be on the web, then just shoot and pass them the CD lor. Else some photographers may not even want to post on the web.

As the thread starter wrote, she afraid the pictures may be abused. Then just shoot and keep lor ... ;)

i definitely would want to protect their privacy as they are my best friends.
i understand how it feels to get your pics leeched and end up in sggirls or some websites to discuss if the babes are 'chio' or not.it's sad but it's true.

i've given some serious consideration before even posting this thread here in CS forum.i've been keeping up with this forum and i enjoy it very much as i see we indeed have local ttalent because some of the pics shots are really really nice.hence, suggested to my friends to do a TFCD since they already got the racequeen suits.

the agreement or 'contract'(so to speak) is more a b&w to cover their butts:bsmilie: , so in case if any of the rules were broken, at least, the lamers involved will find themselves a lawsuit.

i enjoy photography as much and i hate to see wankers(opppps pardon me!) leeching other snappers' work.less to say leech and tell others they were the ones who shot it.

btw i've received numerous pms' about asking to join in the shoot.

i have to apologise to those whom i did not reply because there were simply too many, and i have a day job to run, and not surfing forums 24/7.

be patient while i try to sort out the agreement issue before i come back with more details.

as there are only 2 rq, i was advised to keep the group small for ease of posing the models.
so usually, is this a 1st come 1st serve thingie or it's through balloting system?
because the way i see it, it aint 'fair' if someone logs in 24/7, and 'chopes' a place while another only logs on once in 2 days?so how do you guys/gals go about it?or is it simply that I choose the snappers based on their portfolios?what's the norm?

wanted to add that this will be an outdoor shoot. They do not mind studio but because it's hard to get a car into any studio here in sgp:bsmilie: and what's rq without cars?:sticktong
so tq to those who offered shooting in the studios for free.maybe we try the outdoor ones first, then another tfcd for studio?:dunno:

where do you people usually go and shoot cars with nice backdrop?(other than marina south where car mags have shot it to death:sticktong )

Ask Knight Ong organise for you lah.. Confirm no regrets :thumbsup: I'm sure many pple will testify.. Ask Melody Yap :)

jeanie said:
btw i've received numerous pms' about asking to join in the shoot.

i have to apologise to those whom i did not reply because there were simply too many, and i have a day job to run, and not surfing forums 24/7.

be patient while i try to sort out the agreement issue before i come back with more details.

as there are only 2 rq, i was advised to keep the group small for ease of posing the models.
so usually, is this a 1st come 1st serve thingie or it's through balloting system?
because the way i see it, it aint 'fair' if someone logs in 24/7, and 'chopes' a place while another only logs on once in 2 days?so how do you guys/gals go about it?or is it simply that I choose the snappers based on their portfolios?what's the norm?

Try talking to car dealers like Motor Image.. I'm sure they dont' mind free publicity for their new WRX.. And their showroom at their Leng Kee branch 2nd floor, is perfect for such a photoshoot..

jeanie said:
wanted to add that this will be an outdoor shoot. They do not mind studio but because it's hard to get a car into any studio here in sgp:bsmilie: and what's rq without cars?:sticktong
so tq to those who offered shooting in the studios for free.maybe we try the outdoor ones first, then another tfcd for studio?:dunno:

where do you people usually go and shoot cars with nice backdrop?(other than marina south where car mags have shot it to death:sticktong )

jeryltan said:
Try talking to car dealers like Motor Image.. I'm sure they dont' mind free publicity for their new WRX.. And their showroom at their Leng Kee branch 2nd floor, is perfect for such a photoshoot..

be careful.... you may just lose all rights to your pics .... there arent 'free lunch' ;) They ve enuff budget to shoot their own ads .... 'free publicity' ? ...think again

:think: Quite true.. Must sign release both ways lor.. Or if someone knows pple inside can help lagi gooder :thumbsup:

AhV said:
be careful.... you may just lose all rights to your pics .... there arent 'free lunch' ;) They ve enuff budget to shoot their own ads .... 'free publicity' ? ...think again

BTW.. What I meant was, Motor Image sign release to allow photographers to keep photos but not use for commercial purpose.. We sign release to allow Motor Image a copy of all the images as well as to use them for commercial purpose.. Win win mah :bsmilie:

jeryltan said:
:think: Quite true.. Must sign release both ways lor.. Or if someone knows pple inside can help lagi gooder :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.