TFCD - From Ugly to Pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.
illustrious said:
THankS Calvin for the photos! Just some CC from me... maybe you want to crop the photo to show at least half the body or more bg. The first few photos, I would have cropped in vertical orientation instead of horizontal. Just my 2cents worth.

Thanks for the group photo! Hope you'll burn into the CD too. Thanks again for your effort!

These were taken at 100mm so they were really closeup. My style is mostly real close. (maybe because I take macro too much liao :sweatsm:)These 4 photos are as it is. I mean I didnt crop out, just resize and add in the frame. I might have a few that is full body shots. I think I have used the wrong lens for this 1st TFCD. Should have used my walk about lense.

I thought my shots were under so I pushup my ev during PP from the RAW file. Guess I must redo again.

espn said:
Good try at the outdoor using the background, at least they aren't so tightly framed. Do watch out for the first two shots however, having the chains cut across the frame and being in focus doesn't compliment the shot.

You could have captured her in a portrait position for the 4 shots. I guess it's your style for the landscape, but they're by far one of the best I've seen so far.

Might want to pull the exposure down a bit on the last two, the skin is overburnt by the sun. Watch the last shot, when using hands to pose, note that the muscles are very easily exaggerated and don't compliment a female model well.

:) Good shots for a 'newbie' Heehee...

I noticed the chains but I was was not tall enough to avoid it. Will insist model to move next time. Yo're right, I tend to take more in landscape. I also feel it better in potrait. Will keep that in mind next time.

Infact, i pushed up the exposure because it look under on my monitor screen. Guess it time to invest in a spyder or borrow one. Hmmm, i note the hand muscle issue.

Thanks ESPN for the kind comment. I will work on the errors I made. Thanks Claudia for giving me a chance to try TFCD. (dont be jelous of the lizard. it cant compare to you) Sorry for causing a lot of distraction during the TFCD session.

DeSwitch said:
I noticed the chains but I was was not tall enough to avoid it. Will insist model to move next time. Yo're right, I tend to take more in landscape. I also feel it better in potrait. Will keep that in mind next time.
No worries, when you're shooting more often, all these nits will come into play and you'll be able to frame better and see better before triggering. I've also had these problems last time, a lot of nice shots, but always had something sticking out of the head and/or cutting across the neck/head.

Nothing wrong with landscape tho', but sometimes just be safe, take a shot in portrait as well. Call it, safe shots.

DeSwitch said:
Infact, i pushed up the exposure because it look under on my monitor screen. Guess it time to invest in a spyder or borrow one. Hmmm, i note the hand muscle issue.
Well, the easy way is to look at your histogram and judge accordingly to see if the exposure has gone off if your screen is not calibrated, your camera and/or PS would have a histogram for you to refer to. A calibrated screen is of course a better idea :)

DeSwitch said:
Thanks ESPN for the kind comment. I will work on the errors I made. Thanks Claudia for giving me a chance to try TFCD. (dont be jelous of the lizard. it cant compare to you) Sorry for causing a lot of distraction during the TFCD session.
You're welcome, keep shooting. :thumbsup:

espn said:
Well, the easy way is to look at your histogram and judge accordingly to see if the exposure has gone off if your screen is not calibrated, your camera and/or PS would have a histogram for you to refer to. A calibrated screen is of course a better idea :)

You're welcome, keep shooting. :thumbsup:

Silly me. I should have look at the Histrogram instead of my monitor. Overlooked this function. Thanks for the reminder. Also need to brush up on my PP skill.

Thanks again ESPN.

pai said:
actually i think these angles are quite flattering leh. maybe in future tfcd sessions can repeat, with different framing and lighting. :thumbsup:
obewan said:
These 2 photos really bring out the very beautiful smile of the model.
Got dimples leh... :bsmilie:
But watch out the chain behind. Seems to like grow out from her head.

Pai and Obewan, thanks for the comment. Accidentally noticed her dimple and it look cute so asked her to show it. It was not easy to get a good smile from her initially but the group was great at getting her to loosen up.

As this is my 1st TFCD, I kind of waiting for the model to act/pose natural and when I notice some cute/good act from her, I get her to repeat and get the shot.

DeSwitch said:
Pai and Obewan, thanks for the comment. Accidentally noticed her dimple and it look cute so asked her to show it. It was not easy to get a good smile from her initially but the group was great at getting her to loosen up.

As this is my 1st TFCD, I kind of waiting for the model to act/pose natural and when I notice some cute/good act from her, I get her to repeat and get the shot.

:sweatsm:

Can still remember me being told to do things like bringing my eyeballs out, opening eyes bigger/smaller, half-opened eyes etc etc... sometimes I got lost too. The group was great company for TFCD. Very cheerful and fun group. Hope to have chance to work together at other's TFCD... :think: psss... ren_hao, when's yours? *run and hide with camera*

illustrious said:
:sweatsm:

Can still remember me being told to do things like bringing my eyeballs out, opening eyes bigger/smaller, half-opened eyes etc etc... sometimes I got lost too. The group was great company for TFCD. Very cheerful and fun group. Hope to have chance to work together at other's TFCD... :think: psss... ren_hao, when's yours? *run and hide with camera*

Ya, I still remembered someone asking Claudia to open her eyes smaller. Wonder how to do that. Her eyes already quite small.:sweatsm:

Thank you all for your time and effort for my cmi tfcd session. :embrass:

Its tough but it was fun and I hope the experience will benefit all of us.

Will be looking forward to receiving your CD soon...
TFCD I - Pasir Ris Park @ 15 April
1. clicknick
2. jacob - recevied. Thanks!
3. catchlights - recevied. Thanks!
4. Photosnapper - received. Thanks! (thanks for the prints too!)
5. antere
6. OrangeGarfield
7. catseye - received. Thanks!

TFCD II - Punggol Beach @ 22 April
1. yilishengxian - recevied. Thanks!
2. Ren_Hao - recevied. Thanks!
3. Canew
4. Deswitch - recevied. Thanks!
5. B.W
6. goo82sg
7. LeiNaj
8. westwest1

TFCD III - City Hall
1. DCA
2. initialE24

THANK YOU very very much!!!

Looking forward to collaborating with all of you again. Maybe this time I shoot your TFCD? :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.