Teleconverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
When using TC, lets say a 2.0X, the f-stop will increase right? But, by how much?

Example: 2.0X TC + lens with f5.6
What is the largest aperture I can get? I heard people saying increase 2 stops but what will it be?

I don't own a TC, so need you guys to contribute.

Thanks.
:)

Drudkh said:
When using TC, lets say a 2.0X, the f-stop will increase right? But, by how much?

What is the largest aperture I can get? I heard people saying increase 2 stops but what will it be?

I don't own a TC, so need you guys to contribute.

Thanks.
:)

Just brought 1..mine will cause my len to increase 2 stop.

Drudkh said:

the maximum aperture will be decreased by effectively 2 stops
pls do not use the word "increase" because even though the marked value of the maximum aperture is numerically increased, the fact is that it is decreased

Drudkh said:

if the lens starts off with maximum aperture of f5.6, then adding a 2x tc to it will decrease the maximum aperture to f11. however do note that from 5.6 to 11, it is a numerical increase

ok, lets not use increase or decrease,
lets say the lens is f6 and using 2.0X TC, the largest aperture will be f12?
so that means 1 f-stop is refered to the lens largest aperture, be it f5.6 or f8. but once used with a 2.0X TC, 2 f-stops, it becomes f11 and f16?

Am I right?

Drudkh said:
so that means 1 f-stop is refered to the lens largest aperture, be it f5.6 or f8. but once used with a 2.0X TC, 2 f-stops, it becomes f11 and f16?

Am I right?
Yeah correct, sort of.

You are using Minolta system right?

2100 said:
Yeah correct, sort of.

You are using Minolta system right?
yup. thank you all for the input, finally i have confirmed the theory.
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.