[ Tech ] - Strobe with olympus!

mimin5zidane

May 19, 2010
Woodlands
Hey fellow olympus users!

I am wondering what slave flash do you all use if you are doing strobe?
Do you use the FL-36? Or just third party?
The response here may direct me into buying the recommended flashes. :)

i believe most use the FL flashes as they are sure to work and are pretty affordable. if you are getting the FL-36/R, make sure to couple it with high capacity batteries as it really helps in charging faster

I used my Oly FL36 as a strobe mainly for hair light connecting to a snoot.

Below is a sample shot using three flash (1 x softbox, 1 x brolly box and 1 x snoot).

37896_10150239942690055_862085054_13768784_6298589_n.jpg

One thing to note that FL36 charge slower than my 580EX2, hence I have to wait for it to be "ready" before my next shot. :sweat:

Hey fellow olympus users!

I am wondering what slave flash do you all use if you are doing strobe?
Do you use the FL-36? Or just third party?
The response here may direct me into buying the recommended flashes. :)

I use my Metz 45, FL-36R and FL-50R, and used with SB 900 and SB800 before, radio and slaves and connected to camera :bsmilie: but did with my own 3 flashes using radio and slave before, get according to budget,though I highly recommend the R series since I believe you're using E-620 right? Then can use TTL wireless

any of u uses the yongnuo flashes?

If you do not require wireless TTL, YN 560 flash is quite suitable for you as it's fairly easy to address the manual flash output... I am using radio trigger on it with my other Canon & Oly flashes...

My advise is to get a higher power flash, eg: YN560 / FL50R because you get better recycle time and you can always step down your power but never step up than your max. ;)