Tang Shooters XLI: TCSS Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ish ready to take some light and dark photos also... but preparing my setup... i am not an abstract person so juz trying for fun...

feb ur shot is not bad. Except that it lacks a subject point. My point of view is the red rear lamps sort of minus off some pts on the pic. May want to turn the pic to BW and recover back all areas leaving the red lamps also in BW. Or u can try a pano crop to crop off the lights which also may yield a different impact. All in all the top half of the pic composition and lighting is good so i think cropping may be a better option. Juz my idea for consideration. U can try other options to bring abt a subject point to the viewer.

Ahem .. actually, I was thinking of shadow play for the entry too ..
but thought that the (back)lighting isn't that "obvious" ..

Right .. i'm now confused.
Jawz and KT, you've inspired the pose! WAHAHAHAAHHA! :bsmilie:

p782299813-2.jpg
wah.. i nearly flipped from chair... very prono leh....

no surprise why u should quote Jawz and KT.... brr....

Ahem .. actually, I was thinking of shadow play for the entry too ..
but thought that the (back)lighting isn't that "obvious" ..

Right .. i'm now confused.
Jawz and KT, you've inspired the pose! WAHAHAHAAHHA! :bsmilie:

p782299813-2.jpg

Need more hairlight and try turning ur body 45 degrees into frame. One light on the left to cast shadow for depth on the right. This is wat i perceive u trying to achieve. And if a reflector at hand, try asking ur hubby or any helper arnd to fill in a bit of light on the right to show some details. Wear a tube coz the dress does not assist in showing the depth.

Btw, 2nd pic has more impact than the first juz tat needs more playing arnd. Dare to challenge is the spirit, coz with flashguns and limited light and producing good pictures is the key to understanding lighting. You have improved a lot...

Last edited:
I ish ready to take some light and dark photos also... but preparing my setup... i am not an abstract person so juz trying for fun...

feb ur shot is not bad. Except that it lacks a subject point. My point of view is the red rear lamps sort of minus off some pts on the pic. May want to turn the pic to BW and recover back all areas leaving the red lamps also in BW. Or u can try a pano crop to crop off the lights which also may yield a different impact. All in all the top half of the pic composition and lighting is good so i think cropping may be a better option. Juz my idea for consideration. U can try other options to bring abt a subject point to the viewer.

KT, agreed with you! Was tempted to leech out all the saturation but then again thought otherwise .. haiz .. In this case I agree with you that the rear lights are a distraction and that cropping may help improve the composition. Thanks, man!

wah.. i nearly flipped from chair... very prono leh....

no surprise why u should quote Jawz and KT.... brr....

Errrr .. which part is pronooooo!!!! :sweat:
Fully clothed!!!

Need more hairlight and try turning ur body 45 degrees into frame. One light on the left to cast shadow for depth on the right. This is wat i perceive u trying to achieve. And if a reflector at hand, try asking ur hubby or any helper arnd to fill in a bit of light on the right to show some details. Wear a tube coz the dress does not assist in showing the depth.

Hmm .. if i turn 45 deg, wouldn't the lines of the facial and neck silhouette be lost? I have such a photo and it ended up 'burying' the facial features .. hard choice ..

Actually, there are details on the right side, I had on purpose ramped up the black levelling .. let me try to give you the original as a comparison (don't worry about the hair mess, this is the original prior to cloning out):

p661835822-2.jpg

Better? Or just drop the entire idea altogether?
I don't mind going with the Lotus Exige.

Hmm .. if i turn 45 deg, wouldn't the lines of the facial and neck silhouette be lost? I have such a photo and it ended up 'burying' the facial features .. hard choice ..

Actually, there are details on the right side, I had on purpose ramped up the black levelling .. let me try to give you the original as a comparison (don't worry about the hair mess, this is the original prior to cloning out):

p661835822-2.jpg

feb... how abt put all ur hair to ur back...

p661835822-2.jpg

Dont drop this one... I think this has more potential. :thumbsup: Juz need some tuning... Its not juz abt black leveling. By putting the light source at the correct position and a reflector, u can achieve the shadows and light areas to satisfaction. The lines wont be lost by tilting 45 degrees. Try playing arnd with angles of light and reflection to get the correct position of the shadows and light areas. U will be amazed by how much fun and satisfaction when u achieved it.

Dont drop this one... I think this has more potential. :thumbsup: Juz need some tuning... Its not juz abt black leveling. By putting the light source at the correct position and a reflector, u can achieve the shadows and light areas to satisfaction. The lines wont be lost by tilting 45 degrees. Try playing arnd with angles of light and reflection to get the correct position of the shadows and light areas. U will be amazed by how much fun and satisfaction when u achieved it.

Yeah .. I did enjoy the experiment .. my first try! wahahaha!

i guess a huge mirror would be helpful as i'm shooting by RF remote .. :sweatsm:
I now have respect for models who know how to angle their bodies/limbs to achieve a certain angle/frame. Darn tough unless you can float out of your own body to see it in 3rd person view!!! :sweat:

Yeah .. I did enjoy the experiment .. my first try! wahahaha!

i guess a huge mirror would be helpful as i'm shooting by RF remote .. :sweatsm:
I now have respect for models who know how to angle their bodies/limbs to achieve a certain angle/frame. Darn tough unless you can float out of your own body to see it in 3rd person view!!! :sweat:

u just need to do some tfcs... i think we can help :bsmilie:

wah so fast time out liao. luckily i saved a copy liao.

Dolby!!! I'll sue youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! ;(

legs itchy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahaahaha mine tooooooooooooooooo arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

You guys need that high voltage racket that can light up like a christmas tree when you hit a mozzie! Very festive! And satisfying! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.