Tang Shooters XLI: TCSS Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sneezing and sniffling and blowing my nose since friday like nobody's business .. blarrghh .. :cry:

Have a good rest tonight, drink lotsa water, this got cure not like BBB.

I'm still recovering from the camping trip.

Btw, Butties, do you think this is good enough to enter the "Darkness and Light" competition? (critiques and comments are most welcomed)

I'm debating whether to shoot a new one with another concept (more literal translation of the theme: with light shining through darkness .. not sure whether the judges are into abstracts coz i saw most of the winners are .. well, straight forward compositions) .. i have a feeling that I won't have much free time till the deadline to shoot that theme though ...

It's an abstract shot of a Lotus Exige during the K1 Finale outing.

p847551827-2.jpg

Btw, Butties, do you think this is good enough to enter the "Darkness and Light" competition? (critiques and comments are most welcomed)

I'm debating whether to shoot a new one with another concept (more literal translation of the theme: with light shining through darkness .. not sure whether the judges are into abstracts coz i saw most of the winners are .. well, straight forward compositions) .. i have a feeling that I won't have much free time till the deadline to shoot that theme though ...

p847551827-2.jpg

i think you can try
after all,the darkness and light element is represented in this photo
go for it!

i think you can try
after all,the darkness and light element is represented in this photo
go for it!

Thanks, buttie! :bsmilie:

That's what I thought too ..
But so far, I can't read the judges' taste. The shots that I championed throughout the competitions (from the first one, and no, they're not mine) didn't even make it to big 3!
That's saying that my taste is at ends with the powers that be! haha!!!
oh boy ... :sweat:

p847551827-2.jpg

I think it is worth a try for this shot. :thumbsup:

For photography competition, always go for it with an idea to improve yourself ; not to go in and win some price or money. I feel that the shot is good enough for a competition, good lines and curves you captured, the lighting control is making the car looks stylish. You have done a good work here.

However, wining or not will depends on several factors, weather your competitors are better then you ? or weather the judge likes your shot or buys your idea or not...

Anyway, good luck, all the best. :thumbsup:
Kang

I think it is worth a try for this shot. :thumbsup:

For photography competition, always go for it with an idea to improve yourself ; not to go in and win some price or money. I feel that the shot is good enough for a competition, good lines and curves you captured, the lighting control is making the car looks stylish. You have done a good work here.

However, wining or not will depends on several factors, weather your competitors are better then you ? or weather the judge likes your shot or buys your idea or not...

Anyway, good luck, all the best. :thumbsup:
Kang

Thanks, Kang!!! :bsmilie:
Really appreciate the compliments!
And I agree going into competitions to improve oneself.

I guess photography is too subjective so I may have caused myself endless trouble trying to understand how the judges see it .. haha! :sweatsm:

Feb don't worry too much just go for it you got nothing to loose. We suppork chiu.

p847551827-2.jpg

3 words... just do it....

You may want to wear mittens so you won't scratch yourself at night .. hahaha! :bsmilie:

I got no mittens need to use socks liao.

Thanks, Kang!!! :bsmilie:
Really appreciate the compliments!
And I agree going into competitions to improve oneself.

I guess photography is too subjective so I may have caused myself endless trouble trying to understand how the judges see it .. haha! :sweatsm:

Photography is not only subjective, it is also very cruel and ruthless, sometimes can be also very injustice, unfair and even totally unreasonable.

I have seen competitions that ... before the competition starts, the TOP 3 winners are already dictated....

well , facts of live...:)

Photography is not only subjective, it is also very cruel and ruthless, sometimes can be also very injustice, unfair and even totally unreasonable.

I have seen competitions that ... before the competition starts, the TOP 3 winners are already dictated....

well , facts of live...:)

Oh this one .. no need photography .. all walks of life also apply.. hahaha!! :bsmilie:

You got a sponsorship from Nike, ah? :bsmilie:

Nope... :( haha.... you never knw it til the result is release....

Ahem .. actually, I was thinking of shadow play for the entry too ..
but thought that the (back)lighting isn't that "obvious" ..

Right .. i'm now confused.
Jawz and KT, you've inspired the pose! WAHAHAHAAHHA! :bsmilie:

p782299813-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.