Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD

ya canon mount has not come in at all according to the shops i talked to...nikon mount seems widely available though...saw nikon mounts available at alan photo funan for those interested

last day before I am going back tommorow, anyone interested in this lens feel free to drop me a msg. details can be view >> here <<

At the price you are selling, people might as well wait for the new one costing just a couple of dollars more...no offence but lenses are not something we can't live without lor...:eek:

At the price you are selling, people might as well wait for the new one costing just a couple of dollars more...no offence but lenses are not something we can't live without lor...:eek:

haha ya....i contacted him via pm initially too but decided against it after asking the shops what the would be retail price will be in Singapore.

I guess his offer would be valid for those who are in need of the lens to use on some overseas trips and cannot wait till 2011 :)

anyway i emailed the Tamron distributors on when this is coming in...no word from them at all after a week

I waited till my hair grew white liao still no news lor....

I think based on limited reviews and samples of photos taken, it is really worth getting - much lighter than the new Canon 70-300L F/4-5.6 IS and at less than half the price!

Singapore is really slow with Tamron's stock lor...HK and even Indonesia already selling...:think:

at the time that I advertise I was only using it for less than a week old. I think the price i am asking is reasonable as Singapore has not even got it in stock yet until next year.

I am also looking to sell the latest canon 70-300 L series for S$1.87k only brand new.
Message me if anyone interested.

Last edited:
This look like quite an impressive lens, and if priced at the region of around $800, it should be quite a good buy. Hope the rental shops can have this ASAP so that I can have an actual hands on test before deciding.

Any news on whether JELCorp (tamron sg agent) is going to bring them in?

Has anyone tried this against the Nikon 70-300mm VR lense?
Im new to photography and im thinking of either the Tamron or Nikon lense im using it with a Nikon D50?

Cheers
Ian

hi bros, i will be going to hongkong this coming thursday and will try to see the price of this lense and prob do some tests, might buy it if the price is good and can get a good set.

can anyone recommend me any good shops there?

around wanchai, causeway bay area?

hi bros, i will be going to hongkong this coming thursday and will try to see the price of this lense and prob do some tests, might buy it if the price is good and can get a good set.

can anyone recommend me any good shops there?

around wanchai, causeway bay area?

Hi,

This thread is your best bet.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635497]

cheers,

Amazon selling at US413.
Did some quick calculations; cost about S$630 inclusive shipping and GST via Borderlinx

Can consider??

I was told by a shop in Funan when i was there to buy a lens last week that this 70-300mm VC USD will be priced at cash price of SGD707. So you got to consider if the savings is worth the 3 years local warranty.

Agree. If savings are insignificant, better to get locally.
gadsmart.com selling it for S$900+ They claim their lens from HKG.

Anyway, my HKG coll is staying very near to Man Shing. Waiting for her to get local prices.

Thanks again. That's abt S$620. So, conclusion is to get the lens here.

Does anyone can compare this lens on canon compare to EF 70-300 IS USM (Non L) ?
I was initially get my eyes on the later, but since Tamron has USD (Ring USM), if both IQ is comparable, would directly get the Tamron one.

indeed tempting.. price is not too steep as well.. would love to have one as a zoom addition if IQ and build is good