Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD

Heh guys..tot it might been posted here already. Though I already own the Canon version..this lens is very respectable and cost wise beats Canon version hands down. Anyway..what I want to say here that the Canon version is already on the shelf. Not sure elsewhere but AP has three Canon version...I was molesting one of them last Friday..no more virgin..:bsmilie: Price at $700+.

Hi,

Low 700+ or high 700+, can share the exact price?

cheers,

I didn't get the exact price as the sales guy knew I wouln't buy it bekuz I just bought the Canon version 5 days ago from them :bsmilie: Anyway...if its $799.99 cents and if I have not bought the Canon..I'll buy it. Aiyah...$850 I oso buy mannn! :bsmilie:

went to funan yesterday, AP quote me $710 and TK $730

went to funan yesterday, AP quote me $710 and TK $730

Over the phone; MS Colour $720 (1 piece left, though), Cathay $750

Hi All,

Thanks. Always wonder how much discount can we push with the quotes, always prefer a transacted price.

Imagine a rival company pretend to call another company, asking for e-quote, then quote slightly cheaper to win customer. Just my thought.

cheers,

Hi All,

Thanks. Always wonder how much discount can we push with the quotes, always prefer a transacted price.

Imagine a rival company pretend to call another company, asking for e-quote, then quote slightly cheaper to win customer. Just my thought.

cheers,

You have a point. Some may quote low to attract customers, some quote high to deter rivals from checking on their price. I supposed the shops won't know who's behind the phone. Well, same can happen with walk-in 'customers' :) Eventually, we will all get to hear the actual prices paid by fellow CSers.

At the moment, these quotes gave me the price range to consider this lens that had garnered pretty good reviews. Hmm, value-for-money & quite within budget .... :)

I really wanna try this lens.
anyone knows where can i rent this lens to try for a day?

or any bros here are willing too rent out. =x

Does anyone compare the sharpness of this lens on Nikon compare to Nikor 70-300mmG VR ED ?
I was looking at Nikor 70-300mmG VR ED but some Flickr photo in the USA shown tat this Tamron is sharper :dunno:

Thanks

Just got this lens from US. Will try out tomorrow and let you guys know 

Here is the thread i created using this lens:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834351

Cheers!:)

Very nice images. Btw..those 'close-up' like images..are they taken at 300mm wide open or are some of them cropped? As for comparison with Canon version..I believe you have a Canon version too to compare?

I have the Canon version...tot of ghetting this poisonous siggy too :bsmilie:

Very nice images. Btw..those 'close-up' like images..are they taken at 300mm wide open or are some of them cropped? As for comparison with Canon version..I believe you have a Canon version too to compare?

I have the Canon version...tot of ghetting this poisonous siggy too :bsmilie:

The images of those 'close up' images are taken at 300mm f5.6 wide open. Those that are in 1:1 size are cropped. :)

I borrowed the canon 70-200mm f4 IS before. Well you cant compare the AF of this lens to that lens. The latter wins.

But the extra 100mm bokeh is better than i expected :)

very nice sharp photos and nice bokeh..
How was the focusing speed..? is there any problems when trying to focus at slightly low light scenarios?

Focusing speed is not as fast as canon USM. But an improvement from previous tamron lenses. The lens does hunt in dim light scenerios with low contrast. The primary use of this lens for me is in daylight condition so doesnt affect me much. :)

I was told by a shop in Funan when i was there to buy a lens last week that this 70-300mm VC USD will be priced at cash price of SGD707. So you got to consider if the savings is worth the 3 years local warranty.

just called MS Color so far thye only have Canon and Nikon mount VC is 720$ they dont have Sony mount :(

just called MS Color so far thye only have Canon and Nikon mount VC is 720$ they dont have Sony mount :(

Kabayan get the 70-300G;)

here is last week i use D5000 with 70-300mmVC USD lens short ,raining day ,but focus still fast.
img

img

Last edited:
Parissilk @ HV is selling this lens for 706 after gst. Already reserved 1 yesterday, hopefully can test it out this weekend :)

Ms color $699, got my copy last saturday..