tamron launch 24-70 f/2.8 vc pzd

Hi all,
bought the Tamron 24-70mm 2weeks ago from Cathay Photo. I must say that it certainly worth every buck spent. I'm not really a photography guy. Usually more on video and the VC really helps in this area.
It feels like shooting with a camcorder. No tripod or stupid rigs needed. It doesnt feels heavy at all. And I can sling it with my 60D on my neck all day just like a point & shoot. Can't provide much technical info for you guys.
Brought this baby along with my 60D on a trip to Wakkanai, Japan recently.
Please refer to the link below to see the pics and some video shots taken. Sorry that I still quite amateur in photography so pardon me for the bad shots ya :p
Cheers!

http://youtu.be/OkbysMENe9U

First "formal" review of this lens and it looks good! :thumbsup:

Look at the boken section of the review, do you see onion bokeh?

If you are ok with that, then you should be ok with the lens.

Take note of resale value as well. I would wait a few months before buying it.

Look at the boken section of the review, do you see onion bokeh?

If you are ok with that, then you should be ok with the lens.

Take note of resale value as well. I would wait a few months before buying it.

Its much cheaper here bro. Anyway, still waiting for the mk II to come out before committing.

so any updates on this lens after two years of usage?

Don't see much of these lens selling in the B&S section. Either the owners are very happy with the lens or not many owners here.

Actually, after using it for a year, i must say that I'm very impressed with the quality of this lens. Thou not as good as the Canon mk2 version, but it's at least 90% as good.

personal experience since i used both canon 24-70 mark 2 and tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC..
seriously... i don't c much diff comparing both lenses in term of opitical.... though i do agree that corner sharpness may b lacking a little but it doesn't affect much... (i really mean that it doesn't differ that much unless u r insane pixel pic dude.... but pls.. if u wanna pixel pic.. jolly welll print it out n hang the pic on the wall... else is a wise of time to pixel pic to the huge extent.. lol!!!)
btw... if u r like me who prefer to shoot wider angle and crop during PP, slight soft corner wouldn't b an issue!
btw, the color produced is sweet and lovely:)

build qualirty.. tamron is sturdy.... no complain for me..

Canon lose out quite badly in term of the image stabilizer.... i could shoot at 1/30 or 1/15 during low light situation!!!
loving it!
use it on the video mode and you will love it further.....

NOW.... the main con to me will be the Hood and the focus speed..

The hood doesn't lock in place but then to say, most of the time i don't shoot with hood (is a trouble when need to switch lenses... we r blessed with hand that can shield light if situation requires the hood... but really la... how often you kanna the reflection of light?!... hahaa)
as for focus speed, at times may require to de-press the shutter button the 2nd time to lock focus during dim/poor lighting (for this area, canon 24-70 mark 2 might be slightly better. BTW... i used both lenses on 5dm3)
if u r not into sport photography or anything of fast pace, it won't be an issue at all..
btw, de-pressing the 2nd time prob cost u 1 sec.. hahaa... small issue la..

for the price i paid.... i love this lens...
during the time when i own both canon n tamron.. actually i used tamron more too!
the VC and optical really win me over and for the price tag, i prob won't cry out tt longer if i were to drop tamron than canon.... LOLxx

Last edited:
I have been eyeing this lens for a year now... finally got the paycheck to buy it....

this is my first big camera purchase, i am worried that i might get a bad copy.

how can i avoid that?

I have been eyeing this lens for a year now... finally got the paycheck to buy it....

this is my first big camera purchase, i am worried that i might get a bad copy.

how can i avoid that?

Go to reputable shops in funan, request to test the lens until u happy before purchase

Got it yesterday from tk

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

hi Bro, can reveal the price? I m interested in getting one too. I've been looking around for 2nd hand. local set or oversea? Thanks. PM me also can..

Had owned this lens before. Only complaint is the focal ring (of Tamron lenses) turn in opposite direction compare to canon lens.

Btw it should be VC USD, not PZD.