tamron launch 24-70 f/2.8 vc pzd

Initial comments by the folks at Lens Rental are very optimistic too!

It seems from reading the forums that there is quite a lot of variability between copies of this lens. If you get a good one then it should be fantastic but if you get a "bad copy" then its a bit of a problem.

In the US people tend to try and then send back if there is any problem , but in Singapore sending things is not an easy task .

I am debating whether to get the 24-70 L or 24-70 VC (Tamron)

Wonder when it will arrived in sg ? Any bro knows ?

MS told me only arriving Jul-Aug period, no quote on prices as well.

Sigh, cannot decide between the Canon and Tamron. Maybe if I can land myself a cheap 2nd hand I'll stick to Canon.

Mine is Nikon system so for the pricing is alot different even 2nd hand... So maybe l get this since the review of the tamron is gd.

todeano22 said:
Mine is Nikon system so for the pricing is alot different even 2nd hand... So maybe l get this since the review of the tamron is gd.

After reading the reviews, I bought a Nikon 24-70. I don't really like the onion bokeh and the slower focusing of this lens. Just have to give up the VC.

I shall wait for the pricing to be out to decide whether issit alot of different from Nikon

just buy canon or nikon one if got the $$$ and don't need VC. they are the best overall.

otherwise tamron is really value for money and vc allow u do blur some motion of people n water w/o tripod.

worry that tamron will have QC issue.

Last edited:
Has this lens arrived in Singapore? If so, what's Singapore pricing?

Yea, any update on the price?

It's going at US$1,300 in the USA, so yeah. I wish it can be cheaper. But oh well. It is Still cheaper than the Canon and Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 and comes with VC.

Last edited:
Was at alan last weekend, the canon mount is out but not the nikon.. cant remember the price... i think its $14xx.... anyway the price is jus a phone call away.