tamron launch 24-70 f/2.8 vc pzd

Hi, may I seek some assistance pertaining to this lens? Found a shop selling grey set for $1050 with 1 year local warranty. Worth to buy? Some guys selling for 2nd hand around 900+

Hi, may I seek some assistance pertaining to this lens? Found a shop selling grey set for $1050 with 1 year local warranty. Worth to buy? Some guys selling for 2nd hand around 900+

You may want to consider buying local set with 5 years warranty at $1200++.

You may want to consider buying local set with 5 years warranty at $1200++.

Checked with TK Foto last month. It is still $1600 brand new leh.

Checked with TK Foto last month. It is still $1600 brand new leh.

Promotion over. Now is $1500+ on average. At times, manufacturers will have special promotions like Nikon and Canon.

Hi Tamron users,

How does the Tamron 24-70 vc perform a few years down the road? Can someone share? I heard of big batch-to-batch quality differences, plastic bearings that wear off quickly and the lens being generally "fragile"...any such experiences? Thanks

Hi Tamron users,

How does the Tamron 24-70 vc perform a few years down the road? Can someone share? I heard of big batch-to-batch quality differences, plastic bearings that wear off quickly and the lens being generally "fragile"...any such experiences? Thanks

It would help to know where you heard all these negative things. Otherwise it is kind of unfair to Tamron.

hi Tamron users,

how can we really know that the VC is working when the VC is switch 'on'? Is there any click sound heard when VC is engaged? So far i can only hear the focusing sound from the lens.