Take a Picture and Donate to Tsunamis Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
HotSpots said:
A couple of other logistics needed for each location:

1) Signages (design & production)
2) Tentage (just in case it rains)

Any sponsors?? ;)

For Signage, I have already got a sponsor for an A1 size print.
Artwork leave that to me.

After printing we will need somewhere to stick it on.
We will still need to mount the print and laminate it as well.
Does anyone have an easel?

Tentage will be too costly, any sponsors?

ortega said:
For Signage, I have already got a sponsor for an A1 size print.
Artwork leave that to me.

After printing we will need somewhere to stick it on.
We will still need to mount the print and laminate it as well.
Does anyone have an easel?

Tentage will be too costly, any sponsors?

i got a wooden easel ... if we can get legal permits it'll be easier for us to get help from shopping centres to give us shelter and even power source i believe, i got a few friends can help carry stuff and do PR on the ground ... hope this can materialise!

here's 2 plans to consider

Wai has suggested shooting on 14 Jan to 16 Jan, if so we have to get these done:

8 Jan morning meeting to settle all logistics ... may have to tie up with PNPC meeting (which is in the afternoon)

9 Jan miscellaneous preparations

10 - 13 Jan get help from printing companies and get permission from various locations and doing publicity

14 Jan to 16 Jan - shoot

this is a very rush plan IMHO

we can also do something like this:

upon getting permit,

1st week - contact all relevant sponsors and location owners

1st weekend - meeting for types of equipment we have gathered, decide on locations, tasking etc.

2nd week - publicity and miscellaneous preparations

2nd weekend - shoot

the aim is to do this before Chinese New Year comes.

we can consider Chinatown as a good location as well to do the shoot with festive decorations coming up.

catchlights said:
Don't need to ask the photographers to find doner, ask our models here to help. :D

anyone to help in looking for doners at the location of shoot?

Equipment list from supporters:

digital camera

1. eikin
2. snowspeeder
3. HotSpots
4. ortega
5. Del_CtrlnoAlt
6. zhangyb
7. SnapSnap
8. yqt
9. Splutter

tripod

1. eikin
2. ortega
3. catchlights
4. Del_CtrlnoAlt
5. zhangyb
6. yqt
7. Splutter

laptop/notebook

1. eikin
2. HotSpots
3. zhangyb
4. yqt

*those who can provide workstation can put in as well

reflector

1. Del_CtrlnoAlt x2 (small 1)
2. yqt
3. Splutter

light meter

1. catchlights
2. Del_CtrlnoAlt (cheapo polaris)
3. yqt

portable pic-bridge printer with power supply, ink supply & photo-papers (must get sponsors as well!)

1. yqt (epson stylus photo 810)

lighting (may/may not need depending of scale)

1. yqt (Bowen 500 X 2, Elechrome 500 X 2 )

Volunteers to do ground work (publicity, modeling to take pictures with donors etc. tentative )

and any other form of help like carrying equipment, transporting equipment and oh yes, vehicles very important!

as PNPC is not a registered society/organisation, i have mentioned 'a photography club at Rivervale CC' as the organisation behind this drive in the mail to the police, thanks to HotSpots for the advise! :thumbsup:

eikin said:
here's 2 plans to consider

Wai has suggested shooting on 14 Jan to 16 Jan, if so we have to get these done:

8 Jan morning meeting to settle all logistics ... may have to tie up with PNPC meeting (which is in the afternoon)

9 Jan miscellaneous preparations

10 - 13 Jan get help from printing companies and get permission from various locations and doing publicity

14 Jan to 16 Jan - shoot

this is a very rush plan IMHO

we can also do something like this:

upon getting permit,

1st week - contact all relevant sponsors and location owners

1st weekend - meeting for types of equipment we have gathered, decide on locations, tasking etc.

2nd week - publicity and miscellaneous preparations

2nd weekend - shoot

the aim is to do this before Chinese New Year comes.

we can consider Chinatown as a good location as well to do the shoot with festive decorations coming up.

I think we should get in touch with the sponsers now in order to give them a "heads up" and also to gauge their respond.
As for location owner, they may need to clear with their management first and that can take as much as 3 to 4 weeks.
If we can work with an org. we may be able to get things done faster: ie if we want to do it in Chinatown, than we can approch the central CDC, Chinatown Merchant Assoc. etc..... we can use their names to apply for permit as well as to tap their network for sponsers. Sad to say, as it is now we may be view as just a group of ind. without any backing.

Things to decide

Size of Photo Print : 4R and/or A4

Price of Photo Print : 4R - $10 A4 - $20 (is this too expansive?)
plus donation box (get from red cross)

What we will need:

• Notebook with Photoshop or other image editing software.
• Portable Printer / Paper / Ink
• Camera
• Reflector
• Light meter
• Red Cross Donation box
• Easel / Poster

And most important manpower

We can do plan shifts.
information Flyers

We also need a escape plan in case of rain.

Publicity: mediacorp radio / tv / newspaper / online

Lets try to keep things simple, otherwise it will get too big to handle.

yqt said:
I think we should get in touch with the sponsers now in order to give them a "heads up" and also to gauge their respond.
As for location owner, they may need to clear with their management first and that can take as much as 3 to 4 weeks.
If we can work with an org. we may be able to get things done faster: ie if we want to do it in Chinatown, than we can approch the central CDC, Chinatown Merchant Assoc. etc..... we can use their names to apply for permit as well as to tap their network for sponsers. Sad to say, as it is now we may be view as just a group of ind. without any backing.

some preliminary information about help from Epson, they can sponsor anything produced by their company, we need to draft a proposal and send in 2 weeks in advance, will be getting the relevant contacts. Thanks to Kay Chin for the link :thumbsup:

anyone wants to help contact central CDC and Chinatown Merchant Assoc. and see if they can help?

It puzzled me here, why all this trouble and hassle?

If you wanna help, just donate money.

I can provide camera (with tripod) and manpower.
But I cant help much for the prep as I cant leave school during office hours.

May I know what's the planned duration of the shoot? Only for 1 weekend? or are we going to do it for, let's say, over 4 weekends?

oeyvind said:

1. 10 photogs donating $100 each raise only $1000, if each photo taken is at least $5 and each and photog takes at least 20 a day, we'll have at least equalled that amount. in donation drives, there will be people paying more than the 'sale price' of each photo taken.

2. i for one cannot donate $100 straight from my pocket btw, but i can use email, internet, my equipment to help raise funds

3. we have at least 50% of the equipment needed

4. it's a chance for everyone to organise and learn from such charity drive, the experience will equip participants with knowledge of how to do one in future, be it for charity or commercial purposes.

squalle said:
I can provide camera (with tripod) and manpower.
But I cant help much for the prep as I cant leave school during office hours.

May I know what's the planned duration of the shoot? Only for 1 weekend? or are we going to do it for, let's say, over 4 weekends?

we will only do this on weekend, depending on amount of resources we have (that includes time) the plan now is one weekend, we don't want this to eat up too much of everyone's time also. you can copy the list of equipment and update it to post, thanks!!

oeyvind said:

Er... this way can raise more money mah... :thumbsup:

I've spoken to a client of mine who's an event org.er and he'll call some shopping ctr he have work with before to see if they can help. He'll try to help us org this project if he can find the time. eikin, I've PM you, please get in touch with me.

oeyvind said:

Just by giving money is so unpersonal,

Use your own sweat and blood and you will gain satisfaction.
Not forgetting meeting like minded people.
Having fun along the way.
Expanding your horizons
making new friends
exercise
you will be able to shoot the merlion with your eyes closed
you will know the merlion's best side.
maybe the merlion will give you 4 numbers.

heeheehee

Equipment list from supporters:

digital camera

1. eikin
2. snowspeeder
3. HotSpots
4. ortega
5. Del_CtrlnoAlt
6. zhangyb
7. SnapSnap
8. yqt
9. Splutter
10. Poohbear

tripod

1. eikin
2. ortega
3. catchlights
4. Del_CtrlnoAlt
5. zhangyb
6. yqt
7. Splutter
8. Poohbear

laptop/notebook

1. eikin
2. HotSpots
3. zhangyb
4. yqt
5. Poohbear

*those who can provide workstation can put in as well

reflector

1. Del_CtrlnoAlt x2 (small 1)
2. yqt
3. Splutter

light meter

1. catchlights
2. Del_CtrlnoAlt (cheapo polaris)
3. yqt

portable pic-bridge printer with power supply, ink supply & photo-papers (must get sponsors as well!)

1. yqt (epson stylus photo 810)

lighting (may/may not need depending of scale)

1. yqt (Bowen 500 X 2, Elechrome 500 X 2 )

Volunteers to do ground work (publicity, modeling to take pictures with donors etc. tentative )

Transport

1. Poohbear

I think our first piority is to get permit from authority, permission to use the location (may be more than 1?) to setup the booth, and to get sponsor for consumable like paper and ink.

Other equipment like camera, computers, I believe we can come out with more than we need (who here dont have camera and computer?), IMO, tripod is not necessary, unless we can get sponsor for studio light, then we can setup a booth for posed shot (with models?) or passport photo on top of using the street as background (more choice for the donors)

Once all these are confirmed, then we can start to advertise about this charity drive thru mass media (I can help in some ways) and probably print posters if someone can come out with the design.

there are more interesting ideas that i have tot of, but probably I will raise it again when the time come :)

hmm just my tots , can we approach SLCC to sponser some of the equipment we need , they have a fund rasing event going on also. Maybe we can collabrate on this

just my tots, since most of us here staying in punggol, may be can come out for a meeting later over a coffee at punggol plaza :D

oeyvind said:

有钱出钱, 有力出力。

There are more than 101 ways to help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.