susilo lost....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, also, read in papers that Susilo had beaten the Thai guy in their last 3 meetings if that's any consolation.

In schools, academic lessons are eating into the P.E lessons as well. Talk about motivation.

Anyway, if it's not about winning, why are most people sad here? Even the minister wept. Go figure. Every sport is about winning, unless you're paid otherwise. And when winning is everything to some people, they DO NOT care where you were from.(Or rather, the do care ;)).

LimCB said:
The EPL for instance, has evolved into one where it's not about sports anymore, but money, power and influence.
I would strongly encourage our government to buy the whole brazillian soccer team for the next WC if that means not screwing up our 2010 plan.

I thought the 2010 plan was to give PRs to Sinchi and Abirex players and make them our National Team.

Damn man, they are still talking about Susilo on the papers and tv. What the hell? He lost and in a very bad fashion. Even Lin Dan didnt do so badly. Yeah I know he went very far in the Olympics for Singapore yadi yadi yada, but itsn't time to stop lauding him and carry on? Wonder if he loves to see replays of that match. SBA is taking the national pride thingy too far and its becoming disgusting to watch, how many times do you have to repeat the same bloody thing on tv. :confused:

tmc17479 said:
Damn man, they are still talking about Susilo on the papers and tv. What the hell? He lost and in a very bad fashion. Even Lin Dan didnt do so badly. Yeah I know he went very far in the Olympics for Singapore yadi yadi yada, but itsn't time to stop lauding him and carry on? Wonder if he loves to see replays of that match. SBA is taking the national pride thingy too far and its becoming disgusting to watch, how many times do you have to repeat the same bloody thing on tv. :confused:

b'coz they don't have any news to talk...

reno77 said:
I thought the 2010 plan was to give PRs to Sinchi and Abirex players and make them our National Team.
They had a plan to bring a team to the WC. it must be 20..something. 2010 was what I saw few years ago. Could have changed.

Singapore is a nation that is too cert orientiated and most parents (if not all) certainly won't want their children to be too focus on sports (unless they are really talented) and subsequently neglect their studies.
Pay is also not high (unless you win medals) and when you retire at abt 35-40(this is not consider very old and life's long ahead), you won't have much saving too.
And i think CPF is also not given to the national team player. (do correct me if i'm wrong)
Thus most national players are only training partime and I must say it's all for the passion for the sports ( i remember reading a article abt a guy who was working in KL but drive 150km down to s'pore every weekend just to play with his friend). It's this passion to keep them going....

Susilo had been given Singapore nationality and we should give him all the support he need. :cheergal: :cheergal: No 1 like losing but it's part and parcel of life. He will definitely learn a lot from this experience and may he get back stronger next time!! :thumbsup:
Win or lost, the Singapore Team had done us proud.

Piang, Korea's Kim Hyang Mi is trashing our Zhang Xue Ling.... :(

Newman said:
Piang, Korea's Kim Hyang Mi is trashing our Zhang Xue Ling.... :(

zhang xue ling still new ma. give her some time...

Yes!!! Zhang is showing some power now!!!! :cheergal:

xueling put up a really good fight even after going two games down. she never gave up... very proud of her performance! and this from the world no. 47... she's already done herself and everyone in singapore proud.

LimCB said:
Anyway, if it's not about winning, why are most people sad here? Even the minister wept. Go figure. Every sport is about winning, unless you're paid otherwise. And when winning is everything to some people, they DO NOT care where you were from.(Or rather, the do care ;)).
Sad? I'm not sad. Disappointed Susilo lost? Yup, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. But that doesn't mean I'm not proud of him. I am proud of him!

Yes, PROFESSIONAL sport is about winning. The Olympics is supposed to be about taking part... higher ideals that just winning. but as I said earlier, that kind of went out the window once the Olympics opened its doors to pro athletes.

Errr... first you criticize bringing in FT. Then you suggest that we should just 'import' the entire Brazilian football team. :dunno: :think: To use your words, "go figure"

acroamatic said:
Errr... first you criticize bringing in FT. Then you suggest that we should just 'import' the entire Brazilian football team. :dunno: :think: To use your words, "go figure"

Hey read between the lines pal.

acroamatic said:
xueling put up a really good fight even after going two games down. she never gave up... very proud of her performance! and this from the world no. 47... she's already done herself and everyone in singapore proud.

Ya agree with u. She never gave up even 2 games down, and fought hard. I applaud her for that. I'm proud of her performance even in her lost.
Much better than Susilo. I'm disappointed with Susilo in the way he lost.

zhang xueling has done her best against the korean. there were a few smashes that were very well taken and countered. to our fallen olympians, *SALUTE* :thumbsup: u guys have done magnificently well in the games by bringing Singapore's Sporting Name up to a whole new level!

LimCB said:
Then explain why our government spent millions "buying" FT to play for us.

make sure you know the difference between the sporting association, and the government, importing athlete(s). the national sporting association reports to ssc, and at the same time, both of them need to endorse the athlete to nominate them to SNOC before they are allowed to go to olympics.

jonlou said:
they're TRYING to NURTURE a sporting singapore?

same as above. make the distinction before you talk.

susilo... he may be indonesian but i don't think he was raised in indonesia. he was raised in singapore if i remember correctly. so is li jiawei. does that make them less singaporean than us ?

as for foreign talent.. sometimes it's a bit overwhelming i must say.

look at table tennis, new zealand vs usa vs australia is really as analogous to china vs china vs china.

Well i hope his GF could win! Singapore better don't free too proud first becuase she just went into semi..we had lots of hope and ronald lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.