Sunsets, Bikini, Plants, Animals. Yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bsplenden said:
welcome... anyway, if anyone of you wishes to try out what icecoolbeer is suggesting, find a theme for yourself. lets say choose a theme like "Life". then you go around shooting a series of photos, which actually shows people what life is about. such that when people look at your photos, they know that the theme is "Life" without you having to tell them so.

it IS fun, try it out to believe. and it is a real challenge, to link a series of photos so that it tells a story...
bsplenden, you're absolutely right! Just one thing... what if people choose as their themes "Sunsets"? Or "Plants"? Or "Girls in Bikinis"? People shoot whatever they want to shoot, whatever catches their fancy, appeals to them, is interesting to them. And frankly, if sunsets, plants and babes in bikinis were all that boring, NOBODY would be shooting them. Quite aside from all that, not everybody's born a pro-photographer, and while copying is the best form of flattery, it's also the best way to learn before you strike out on your own lonesome.
I think the problem here is not that people are upset with what icecoolbeer is saying, but rather, with how he appears to be all talk and no walk.

kirk said:
i have not posted any yet cos I feel I have yet to reach an acceptable standard as compared to those who posted their pics.

perhaps icecoolbeer can change his writing style a little so as not to seem too confrontational.

ah... you see... if you are willing to show more of your pics, and receive a bombing from members here... you ARE going to learn... by your self, there is only this much you can see... but if you post it here... you can learn how to improve you technique and point of view from the many different helpful people here who will throw you their perspective... as you are the creator of that shot, you will notice less of the details in the photos... making mistakes will be the first step to learning... trust me, make more mistakes to learn more... as photographers, i believe we should be more open-minded about comments, be it good or bad, from other people.

about changing his writing style... guess its just his personality to be more direct. for this forum to be ideal, everyone of us should try to tolerant of each other... remember, smilez...... :) :D

tingchiyen said:
I think the problem here is not that people are upset with what icecoolbeer is saying, but rather, with how he appears to be all talk and no walk.

i don't know if any of my posts seems to be siding with icecoolbeer, but yup, just to clarify that i am on no side. till now, i am a lonesome photographer... :D

i would really like to showcase some of my work for comments, but was not able to do it as i am shooting film and have no scanner. i tried scanning at lab, but quality real bad... any idea?? :dunno:

as for icecoolbeer, since the start of the thread, he has been saying that he is bored with all the technical shots... and wishes to see something from members here. which means that he hopes members here will provide him with links which brings him away from technical shots, and lead him into meaningful photographs... do i seem to know icecoolbeer very well... haha... i am just guessing, correct me if i am wrong icecoolbeer.... :sweat:

btw, icecoolbeer, do you have any new idea of themes to share with me? if you have, pm me hor... :)

what about me IceCoolBeer?

i don't shoot sunsets, bikinis, plants nor animals. but i do yawn :D

i agree with you there's a little much more of the abovementioned of late, but some of us need to have a change to spice up our lives when we're bored... ;)

Well, hey let's all go out and try doing the abstract! Break all the rules! For once you can don't get caught by police and fined if u do it! :gbounce:

icecoolbeer, please post some of the pictures which really inspire you and let us all discuss how we all can improve our own techniques... Please shoot more and post more pictures than posting words without any evidence from your side for us to improve our ability to look for better subjects etc. Cheers!

nickmak, he's a lot better than Cash. ;)

IceCoolBeer, don't worry, i find you're a neutral party, not an agonist party :)

sehsuan said:
nickmak, he's a lot better than Cash. ;)

IceCoolBeer, don't worry, i find you're a neutral party, not an agonist party :)
Sorry about that...

Errr... Cash? as in $$$ or someone here?

Confused..

Sorry icecoolbeer if i have offended u in anyway. My apologies.

bsplenden said:
i don't know if any of my posts seems to be siding with icecoolbeer, but yup, just to clarify that i am on no side. till now, i am a lonesome photographer... :D

i would really like to showcase some of my work for comments, but was not able to do it as i am shooting film and have no scanner. i tried scanning at lab, but quality real bad... any idea?? :dunno:

as for icecoolbeer, since the start of the thread, he has been saying that he is bored with all the technical shots... and wishes to see something from members here. which means that he hopes members here will provide him with links which brings him away from technical shots, and lead him into meaningful photographs... do i seem to know icecoolbeer very well... haha... i am just guessing, correct me if i am wrong icecoolbeer.... :sweat:

btw, icecoolbeer, do you have any new idea of themes to share with me? if you have, pm me hor... :)

Yeah. You can try subject like "Me and my job". Like shooting different people with different jobs. Foreign construction workers, Fireman, teacher, or a grandmother. Try capturing the subject with its surroundings. Lets say like an ice-cream seller enjoying his own ice-cream! You know what I mean.

Or try a topic like "Surreal". Example, ask a friend to suit up a diving suit with snoking gears and flippers. Then pose in CBD area or Orchard Road. That'll be interesting. Good luck.

IceCoolBeer said:
Yeah. You can try subject like "Me and my job". Like shooting different people with different jobs. Foreign construction workers, Fireman, teacher, or a grandmother. Try capturing the subject with its surroundings. Lets say like an ice-cream seller enjoying his own ice-cream! You know what I mean.

Or try a topic like "Surreal". Example, ask a friend to suit up a diving suit with snoking gears and flippers. Then pose in CBD area or Orchard Road. That'll be interesting. Good luck.
Who's brave enough to go in teh diving suit and go pose please raise your hand! It would be really cool actually!

nickmak said:
Who's brave enough to go in teh diving suit and go pose please raise your hand! It would be really cool actually!

that would practically be an advertising theme already... :)

That's just a thought. You can come up with your own surreal ideas.

seshuan: not really if the artist has got something to say, of course if it is just product endorsement.....

NashVillian said:
seshuan: not really if the artist has got something to say, of course if it is just product endorsement.....

argh, your internet browser has "spell checking" for my name as well... :cry:

my best friend during secondary school told me this

"your taste changes with time"

quite true.

i think i've said this before somewhere :

why don't you all go ask simon cowell to sing.

he's just giving his opinion. must he post to be an art appreciator ? same goes, there're actually billion dollar record producers out there who can't write a single decent song, or carry a decent tune at that.

sequitur said:
i think i've said this before somewhere :

why don't you all go ask simon cowell to sing.

he's just giving his opinion. must he post to be an art appreciator ? same goes, there're actually billion dollar record producers out there who can't write a single decent song, or carry a decent tune at that.

agree with u.

as the saying goes, "those who can, do. those who can't, criticise.".

Status
Not open for further replies.