Sunsets, Bikini, Plants, Animals. Yawn.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2004
112
0
0
#1
I am bored! Keep seeing so many shoots on sunsets, sunrise, bikini girls, plants and animals. Seems like you guys are running out of subjects to shoot. Hope to see something new.
 

Stereobox

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2003
2,116
0
0
Cocteau Twins
#2
dude, there are loads of other stuff out there on the 'net to keep yourself entertained. it's like watching television programs...you don't like what you see, change the channels.

perhaps you would like to suggest what are more 'interesting' subjects to shoot and showcase here :)
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#4
kjmedora - :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

icecoolbear - why dun u post ur pics and let us see ur ideas and inspiration?? sorry to say this, but i think most CSers here have not seen u post pics b4 but we all have heard and read abt ur comments on how 'uninspirating' most of our pics are.
 

Apr 10, 2004
112
0
0
#5
Dun get me all wrong guys. But I keep seeing "monkey see monkey do" photography. Throw some concept in photography, tell a story. Dun just shoot for the sake of getting nicely expose pictures.
 

jOhO

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2003
6,485
0
0
42
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
#6
well sometimes a monkey really does see something that's nice, and is agreeable to the rest of the monkeys and they too find it enjoyable to do watever it is that the first monkey did.

it's more of a "hey this first monkey introduced to me something that i enjoy too" instead of "hey this monkey did it first, got good results, so i think i better follow!"

anyway... u got any peanuts? i getting hungry... :bsmilie: :embrass:
 

Apr 10, 2004
112
0
0
#7
:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Why not try something like shooting a performance? From the time the actor doing make-up before the show. There are so many things happening inside there. The facial expression of the actors, the musician, the audience watching the show...

Can be a play in some school or even a chinese opera.
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,828
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
#8
IceCoolBeer said:
:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Why not try something like shooting a performance? From the time the actor doing make-up before the show. There are so many things happening inside there. The facial expression of the actors, the musician, the audience watching the show...

Can be a play in some school or even a chinese opera.
why don;t you do so and share with us?
 

Apr 10, 2004
112
0
0
#10
Well I know some of you might find me a devil here. I'm just hoping to see something out of the ordinary. I'm not saying shooting those sunset, bikini girls etc are wrong. It just that all of a sudden everyone doing the same old thing. And its boring.

I'm not trying to be nasty here. Just giving some opinons and ideas. Peace.
 

shutterfly

New Member
Sep 9, 2002
452
0
0
Visit site
#11
IceCoolBeer said:
:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Why not try something like shooting a performance? From the time the actor doing make-up before the show. There are so many things happening inside there. The facial expression of the actors, the musician, the audience watching the show...

Can be a play in some school or even a chinese opera.
If pple follow your suggestions, then next week you will post "Makeup at Play, opera. Yawn."

People wake up early in the morning to capture sunrise.
People pay their hard-earned money to practise portraiture in model shoot.
People endure long hours under the sun and endure mosquito attacks to capture insects, animals, bird shots.

Please give them credit.

Also it could be purely due to one's interest, not monkey see monkey do. And what is wrong with nicely exposed shots. I din know it is easy to get. Maybe u prefer those kind of OOF, snap without composing kind of shots that like to disguised as "arty shots". :D
 

Apr 10, 2004
112
0
0
#13
shutterfly said:
If pple follow your suggestions, then next week you will post "Makeup at Play, opera. Yawn."

People wake up early in the morning to capture sunrise.
People pay their hard-earned money to practise portraiture in model shoot.
People endure long hours under the sun and endure mosquito attacks to capture insects, animals, bird shots.

Please give them credit.

Also it could be purely due to one's interest, not monkey see monkey do. And what is wrong with nicely exposed shots. I din know it is easy to get. Maybe u prefer those kind of OOF, snap without composing kind of shots that like to disguised as "arty shots". :D

I'm not saying that. I'm just giving example. Of course I give them credit. Capture pictures that people don't expect to see. Well, if you like to follow people footstep, I'm not blaming you.
 

bsplenden

New Member
Mar 25, 2004
309
0
0
31
holland ave
#14
hmmm... lets not get too focused on who is in the right and who is in the wrong. i think i get wat icecoolbeer is trying to say. what he is trying to say is that there are many technical shots here. maybe he would like to see more shots with feelings in this forum... i hope i am right... cos that is what i would like to see too... but first, we have to improve on the technical aspect, and at the same time try to introduce some feelings into our pics...

don't flame me, i am just a newbie trying to interpret what icecoolbeer is trying to say. there is no right or wrong in photography. it all depends on where you want to head to. if you wan to improve on your photography, go ahead with the technical shots. if you want to invoke some feelings, or set people thinking when they look at your photos, den try out what icecoolbeer is saying.

both ways, we are here to learn, to have fun and enjoy what we enjoy, that is - photography...

smilez everyone... :)
 

Apr 10, 2004
112
0
0
#15
bsplenden said:
hmmm... lets not get too focused on who is in the right and who is in the wrong. i think i get wat icecoolbeer is trying to say. what he is trying to say is that there are many technical shots here. maybe he would like to see more shots with feelings in this forum... i hope i am right... cos that is what i would like to see too... but first, we have to improve on the technical aspect, and at the same time try to introduce some feelings into our pics...

don't flame me, i am just a newbie trying to interpret what icecoolbeer is trying to say. there is no right or wrong in photography. it all depends on where you want to head to. if you wan to improve on your photography, go ahead with the technical shots. if you want to invoke some feelings, or set people thinking when they look at your photos, den try out what icecoolbeer is saying.

both ways, we are here to learn, to have fun and enjoy what we enjoy, that is - photography...

smilez everyone... :)

Thank you.
 

shutterfly

New Member
Sep 9, 2002
452
0
0
Visit site
#16
IceCoolBeer said:
I'm not saying that. I'm just giving example. Of course I give them credit. Capture pictures that people don't expect to see. Well, if you like to follow people footstep, I'm not blaming you.
That is funny. Everyone is starting photography at different times and different stages of their life. So you are associating the 2nd, 3rd, and so on person who shot sunset to have copied/followed the first one who did it. Can we have a list who are the first person to shoot what? :bsmilie:
 

bsplenden

New Member
Mar 25, 2004
309
0
0
31
holland ave
#17
IceCoolBeer said:
Thank you.
welcome... anyway, if anyone of you wishes to try out what icecoolbeer is suggesting, find a theme for yourself. lets say choose a theme like "Life". then you go around shooting a series of photos, which actually shows people what life is about. such that when people look at your photos, they know that the theme is "Life" without you having to tell them so.

it IS fun, try it out to believe. and it is a real challenge, to link a series of photos so that it tells a story...
 

bsplenden

New Member
Mar 25, 2004
309
0
0
31
holland ave
#18
shutterfly said:
That is funny. Everyone is starting photography at different times and different stages of their life. So you are associating the 2nd, 3rd, and so on person who shot sunset to have copied/followed the first one who did it. Can we have a list who are the first person to shoot what? :bsmilie:
about this point.... i believe it is GOOD to actually try to copy other people's work. if you can duplicate the photo in exactly the same way, then YES, you are just as good as the original photographer. and almost everyone can achieve that, as long as they try to improve on the technical aspects. and this IS a good way to brush up on the technical aspects.... :)

BUT, what sets the original photographer away from you, is what he saw and what you did not. this, we really have to pracise at. we should notice things that others are not aware of, and be able to express it in our photographs... this will make all of us unique photographers...

once again, dun flame me. this is what I feel photography is about. and as it is, everyone thinks differently. just sharing my 2 cents worth... :)
 

May 5, 2004
146
0
0
#19
many of us here are actually newbies in photography, and as such we would aspire to do well in a certain genre (usually the one that got us INTO photography in the first place), we see what others have done, and being inspired we attempt to replicate, which often means the technical aspect of the shot. Thus you see alot of the "typical" subjects here.

it takes a long time, and many attempts in different genre before one finds his/her own style. after all did not most famous artist spend their infant years replicating artwork of the old masters?

it takes a long time to know the rules, then break them.

icecoolbeer if you are keen i dun mind exchanging ideas with you about some topics to do?

recently there was a impromtu shooting base on words posted by someone, is that what you are seeking?

http://www.wrkshy.net/impromptu
 

kirk

New Member
Mar 20, 2004
732
0
0
La la Land
#20
just add a little. icecoolbeer suggested shooting facial expressions of actors before a performance. unless u r official photographer, there is little chance anyone of us can get backstage to shoot such expressions. so maybe anyone got lobang to supply us?

monkey see monkey do. tat's the way to improve. tat's y we r discussing photography techniques in this forum and posting pictures for comments.

i have not posted any yet cos I feel I have yet to reach an acceptable standard as compared to those who posted their pics.

perhaps icecoolbeer can change his writing style a little so as not to seem too confrontational.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom