Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve Photography Competition 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlkk76

Dec 28, 2006
Tampines
Saw this HERE Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve and Grand Hyatt got photography competition.

Theme: Animals Unrestrained

Do check it out...

Thanks for sharing.

it's only for participanst under 16 year old

it's only for participanst under 16 year old

Actual There are two categories: Under 16 yrs category and Open category. check the contest rules & regulations.

Thank's for the information..

Cheerz,

Kurnia W

Thanks for the information. Will go to shoot Monitor Lizard. :) Does anyone go there before? Where to find monitor lizard?

when i went, they were mostly found near the entrance. one lost lizard strayed across my path deep in the reserve too...

Hi, it will be my first time going there with few of my colleagues from the oversea. Can any kind soul care to recommend the route (1, 2 and 3) or good spots that I can photograph the wild lifes? Thanks in advance :)

was there recently... i can safely say that they are EVERYWHERE.. haha..

Thanks for the information. Will go to shoot Monitor Lizard. :) Does anyone go there before? Where to find monitor lizard?

the moment u step in..u can see them at the pond beside the cafe liao.. :bsmilie:

Hi, it will be my first time going there with few of my colleagues from the oversea. Can any kind soul care to recommend the route (1, 2 and 3) or good spots that I can photograph the wild lifes? Thanks in advance :)

think if u go deep in, u shld be able to shoot more birdies...

but do rem to bring those repellant!!!

Hi All,

I just went there today from 11am till 2pm, went through all the routes 1-3 but I only saw 2 birds from afar.. :( my 250mm lens only took a small image of them.

Can any kind soul tell me what is good time to catch plenty of them up close and personnel?

Thanks,
Shawn

Not a good season for birds now.
Sit and wait for your chance to see a rare bird :)
250mm can't shoot birds... too small.
Many ppl carrying 400 to 600mm lens to shoot.

oh ...time to bring up teleconverter...
but then my long range will be @ f12.6 wide open...zzz

My daughter received an email from Nparks on 13 Aug saying that her photo (under 16 catergory) is selected for final judging. So hopefully, we will know the results soon.

She was only using a S$180 point and shoot camera. I helped her to crop the image so that it focuses on the main subject, but the cropped image is only 1280x800. So I doubt the photo will make it through the final judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.