Johor Bahru, Malaysia
2006030303462157609.JPG

how abt my pic??:think: :sweat:
feel free comment to me!! thanks!!

joey91 said:
2006030303462157609.JPG

how abt my pic??:think: :sweat:
feel free comment to me!! thanks!!

Interesting angle and the wide open space on the top and left really emphasize the "hope" of the future when eventually the flower will grow towards to. However, I wished you picked a better flower such that it faces the right direction towards the top-left which is where it'll also be facing the sun. Didn't you know the sun-flowers always faces the sun? ;)

If I am not wrong the sun is behind you when you taking the picture. Can try to shoot it at the flower level or centre the sunflower.

rayblade said:
If I am not wrong the sun is behind you when you taking the picture. Can try to shoot it at the flower level or centre the sunflower.

erh no no no

1. sun looks to be on the low NWW of her. probably shining through vegetation just hitting the top of the flower. if the sun was behind her, taking into consideration depth of field (aperture) and exposure i doubt the bg would be so dark. anyway the shadows are all wrong for the sun to be behind.

2. shooting at subject level is usually boring and of straightforward typical composition. it's not encouraged to shoot at eye level, be different, squat, prone, run up a ladder, up close angled up, etc etc

3. while it is not wrong to centre the subject, there are reasons when to and when not to do so. centering would work for symmetrical compositions, or fashion/documentary. pictures of general nature is prefered to follow the 1/3 rule. the 1/3 rule is not the BOMB! but it just sits better with the mind hence it works where others don't.

joey91: glad you found the link helpful. :) this is very different from your sibu shots. points you have done well:

1. aperture, thus depth of field. bg is nicely blurred, dark and non-distracting. flowers are kept sharp throughout.

2. following of 1/3 rule, makes it pleasant to look at.

Couple of points to improve on:

1. that small little leaf on the bottom fg. have a reminder to check for little things like these in the future.

2. flower is slightly underexposed. if you forsee taking this kind of backlit type of photos in the future, bring along a of around A4 size piece of white paper or card. hold it close to the subject, just out of frame of the camera, to reflect light back to the subject.

Hi foxtox,

Thanks for the info. Have learn something new. :thumbsup:

foxtwo said:
erh no no no

1. sun looks to be on the low NWW of her. probably shining through vegetation just hitting the top of the flower. if the sun was behind her, taking into consideration depth of field (aperture) and exposure i doubt the bg would be so dark. anyway the shadows are all wrong for the sun to be behind.

2. shooting at subject level is usually boring and of straightforward typical composition. it's not encouraged to shoot at eye level, be different, squat, prone, run up a ladder, up close angled up, etc etc

3. while it is not wrong to centre the subject, there are reasons when to and when not to do so. centering would work for symmetrical compositions, or fashion/documentary. pictures of general nature is prefered to follow the 1/3 rule. the 1/3 rule is not the BOMB! but it just sits better with the mind hence it works where others don't.

joey91: glad you found the link helpful. :) this is very different from your sibu shots. points you have done well:

1. aperture, thus depth of field. bg is nicely blurred, dark and non-distracting. flowers are kept sharp throughout.

2. following of 1/3 rule, makes it pleasant to look at.

Couple of points to improve on:

1. that small little leaf on the bottom fg. have a reminder to check for little things like these in the future.

2. flower is slightly underexposed. if you forsee taking this kind of backlit type of photos in the future, bring along a of around A4 size piece of white paper or card. hold it close to the subject, just out of frame of the camera, to reflect light back to the subject.

THANKS foxtwo comments!! will try again to capture it...:D

I like this image a lot. Good use of space! :) I would like it if it was a bit brighter and both flowers were in focus. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.