[SunChasersSG] Newbies Outing (Part 18) - Sunrise @ Merlion Park 18 Sept 2010 (Pics)

dingaroo

Dec 6, 2009
Singapore | East
Hi Guys and Gals.

Please post the pictures to the outing above here.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks Dingaroo and Sunchasers for yet another wonderful outing!

dsc5778.jpg

Well, if we're gonna shoot people...

dsc5886k.jpg

Hey Dingaroo and fellow Sunchasers,

Sincere apologies. :embrass:
Woke up with a splitting headache..:cry:

To think my Tianya filter came just in time for use yesterday :(

No sunrise photos from me..
But photos for my UWA Tokina and the ND8 filter...:(

57925_441899400792_557145792_5443947_7940996_n.jpg

Thanks for organizing this. Otherwise I couldn't drag myself to catch a sunrise (I'm lazy :D).

However, I don't really like my photos today. They not very good

Some sunrise atmosphere

_DSC0297-1.jpg

2. Sun rise on your face
_DSC0345_2.jpg

(More to come)

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing this. Otherwise I couldn't drag myself to catch a sunrise (I'm lazy :D).

Some sunrise atmosphere

_DSC0297-1.jpg

(More to come)
I quite like the colours...!
Got a dramatic feel to the shot. Maybe crop off the right side of the photo, omitting the cranes? But then it gets quite close to the sun though.... hmmm...

Picture EXIF information showing image processed using Adobe RGB (or aRGB) colour space. It is prudent to have picture converted to standard RGB (or sRGB) colour space which is the default colour space for non colour space aware browser like Internet Explorer or Opera or Chrome. Only Safari and latest few version of Firefox browsers are colour space aware and able to handle aRGB colour space properly.:)

I quite like the colours...!
Got a dramatic feel to the shot. Maybe crop off the right side of the photo, omitting the cranes? But then it gets quite close to the sun though.... hmmm...

Thanks for the suggestion. I also find challenging to compose today as there are too many elements around. :confused:

Picture EXIF information showing image processed using Adobe RGB (or aRGB) colour space. It is prudent to have picture converted to standard RGB (or sRGB) colour space which is the default colour space for non colour space aware browser like Internet Explorer or Opera or Chrome. Only Safari and latest few version of Firefox browsers are colour space aware and able to handle aRGB colour space properly.:)

Thanks for your idea. But I dunno how to convert :cry:

Sorry I didn't meet up with anyone and didn't share much cause I had to leave early but heres what I took.

merlion_boom_by_draken413o-d2yxjxx.jpg

merlion boom

mbs_sunrise_by_draken413o-d2yxisc.jpg

mbs sunrise

seat_of_buddha_by_draken413o-d2yxhhs.jpg

seat of buddha

mystical_mermaid_lion_by_draken413o-d2yxhci.jpg

mystical mermaid lion

Hey Dingaroo and fellow Sunchasers,

Sincere apologies. :embrass:
Woke up with a splitting headache..:cry:

To think my Tianya filter came just in time for use yesterday :(

No sunrise photos from me..
But photos for my UWA Tokina and the ND8 filter...:(

57925_441899400792_557145792_5443947_7940996_n.jpg

As we are followers of the God Ra, we will chase after him again ... soon. Don't worry. You'll put to good use your ND filter.

Hope your headache goes away for the weekend.

This is indeed quite a good shoot except a little bit cropping to be done on the right side. :thumbsup:

Some sunrise atmosphere

_DSC0297-1.jpg

2. Sun rise on your face
_DSC0345_2.jpg

(More to come)

This is indeed quite a good shoot except a little bit cropping to be done on the right side. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind encouragement

Thanks for your idea. But I dunno how to convert :cry:

This is mostly done on camera, I think.

Colour space selection can be performed in most professional image processing software like Photoshop. As I am not using Photoshop, you have to ask others to help you on this matter. :)

Colour space selection can be performed in most professional image processing software like Photoshop. As I am not using Photoshop, you have to ask others to help you on this matter. :)

in photoshop, edit>colour settings>working spaces> rgb - srgb IEC61966-2.1