[SunChasersSG] Newbies Outing (Part 18) - Sunrise @ Merlion Park 18 Sept 2010 (Pics)

Wah bro NNB, pics very the swee... I like NNB#1, the battlestar galactica shot... I still haven't shot this view yet. Sorry bro for being on the other side... out of space on the platform already. ;-) Next time 6:15 not early enough. Must get there at 5:30am... LOL

I feel this is a bit too exposed, and no reason for that. #10 has a better exposure. What do you think?

Haha ya no reason but I itchy backside try hdr thus overexpose. Haha will try to do. Better next time :)

2 more and thats all for me, the rest of my pic sucks.... hehehehe...

Man at work...
5001265030_4cf9bf1677_z.jpg

as usual my sci fi look... (duh)
5000746994_e104c16dfc_z.jpg

My humble work today, didnt really shoot much, was busy "teaching and poisoning" :devil: & it feels gd to meet up with old pals..

NNB - #1

4999768441_fc8c1a5e4c_b.jpg

NNB - #2

4999770297_a01f4f0bfe_b.jpg

NNB - #3 (i dont really like this one, think its a little right heavy)

5000375594_7218b9657e_b.jpg

NNB - #4

4999776311_c6b9af26ba_b.jpg

NNB all your shot are all quite nice! Wish to Learn of of your skill nx time.

2 more and thats all for me, the rest of my pic sucks.... hehehehe...

Man at work...
5001265030_4cf9bf1677_z.jpg

as usual my sci fi look... (duh)
5000746994_e104c16dfc_z.jpg

Waaa bro, that is a nice pic of me. ;) Can see your tripod is in the water...

The sci-fi look quite good also bro.

Bro can I make a copy of the man at work pic? I love it. Maybe put in my website... Will credit you of course.

Waaa bro, that is a nice pic of me. ;) Can see your tripod is in the water...

The sci-fi look quite good also bro.

Bro can I make a copy of the man at work pic? I love it. Maybe put in my website... Will credit you of course.

thanks bro,

sure make go ahead, i dont mind.... its a tribute to you too... hehehehhee.....

talking abt tripod in water.... i just finish cleaning drying my tripod.... :sweat::sweat:

WC#1 - click to enlarge

Don't know why so many physical defects that day. Fullerton "Ho"tel had the HO not lighted, Maybank had broken signboard... :embrass:
Even my pic which I thought was properly aligned with the spirit leveller, was not levelled (both vertically and horizontally). Corrections done from software... been a while since I had to do one, almost forgot how :bsmilie:

Saving grace was this 2.5mins LE pic which had the Merlion spouting it's usual fountain about 1.5mins into the pic. Oh, and err.. attempted artificial lighting up of the Merlion (sorry if I spoilt anyone elses shot, especially akerue standing next to me..haha). Next time I'll bring a bigger torchlight as it didn't seem to make any diff to the Merlion. :sweat:

Last edited:
WC#2
5002499256_ba8135d22f_b.jpg

Pano shot of 3 to get a fuller pic

Thanks for organizing this. Otherwise I couldn't drag myself to catch a sunrise (I'm lazy :D).

However, I don't really like my photos today. They not very good

Some sunrise atmosphere

2. Sun rise on your face

(More to come)

lovely effect. how did you do it ?

One more from me:

SWS#6 Pano II

5002410291_75f6407377_b.jpg

C&C are welcome.

WC#3

Hussle and bustle of the photographers capturing the morning light.

Nice angle to capture this merlion :)

NNB - #4

4999776311_c6b9af26ba_b.jpg
[/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE]

Very well done! If you compare with your previous solo outing a week or so ago, I'm sure you can see the improvement...!

Your #1 is nicely balanced. It could with some toning down of the brightness from the spotlight... time to learn the black card technique! :)

For #4, it seems you were a little too carried away with the sharpening process... it looks slightly unnatural.

Hi Unlce ZeroCool,
Thanks for yours comments and I will take note of #4. Yes, I want to practice on the black card and very interesting when I also read this in the internet. Thanks again.:):)

:bigeyes: Thought we agreed for u to call me Ge ge :sweat:

Nicely done on 1... Showed u the black card technique this morning.. Its relatively easy to master.. jus require some practice to perfect it..keep it up young one~!! :)

Ai Ya.. Sorry... I forgot.. Yes GEGE NNB !!! For the black card, I will practice soon. Very interesting way to get rid of some bright areas of the photo.

Thank you GEGE !!!;):)

That morning I saw you using your tripod with the BallHead. What Ball Head is that? May I know?

Last edited:
WC#1 - click to enlarge

Don't know why so many physical defects that day. Fullerton "Ho"tel had the HO not lighted, Maybank had broken signboard... :embrass:
Even my pic which I thought was properly aligned with the spirit leveller, was not levelled (both vertically and horizontally). Corrections done from software... been a while since I had to do one, almost forgot how :bsmilie:

Saving grace was this 2.5mins LE pic which had the Merlion spouting it's usual fountain about 1.5mins into the pic. Oh, and err.. attempted artificial lighting up of the Merlion (sorry if I spoilt anyone elses shot, especially akerue standing next to me..haha). Next time I'll bring a bigger torchlight as it didn't seem to make any diff to the Merlion. :sweat:
Hi Uncle Wildcat, I like this photo. Very fine sharpness and vibrance on the building.:)

thanks bro Ding for the awesome outing,really enjoyed myself....,

this my share, some candids, as havent have time to do much pp due to work come first...

Bro DD, the guru.... and his 24 1.8
5001265046_babe4053ce.jpg

Wa... Never Shave ...;):cool::cool:

thanks bro Ding for the awesome outing,really enjoyed myself....,

this my share, some candids, as havent have time to do much pp due to work come first...

FOR U ZCA< INVASION OF PERSONAL SPACE....
5001265036_50ab30b78d.jpg

Well Shave....:cool::cool::cool:

Wah bro NNB, pics very the swee... I like NNB#1, the battlestar galactica shot... I still haven't shot this view yet. Sorry bro for being on the other side... out of space on the platform already. ;-) Next time 6:15 not early enough. Must get there at 5:30am... LOL

Thanks Bro.

LOL... Ya la.. early birdie get all the worms mah... Timing crucial sia...

Oh.. u can get pretty gd view from that angle also.. :)