Suggestion: Code of Conduct for Lingerine and Nude Organised Shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.
To reverse your statement below, "modelling jobs are meant as a source for learning the art of modelling and progress to become supermodels, not as a source for young women to earn extra money on the fly or as additional income for part time models".

That is definitely true, but not many models realise that. Since we are on the topic of organised shoots lets stick to it at the mean time.

Yup, well there are always idealists around.
Definition of Idealists:
a person who cherishes or pursues high or noble principles, purposes, goals, etc.
a person who represents things as they might or should be rather than as they are.

Revolution is a natural progression to improve the currently accepted norms that over time have proven to be outdated. If we do not progress, we are moving backwards.

Many great people in history were labelled as fools who are unrealistic and impratical. These movers and shakers of the Earth are criticised by people who fear change.

As Martin Luther King once said: " I have a dream ..... "
The Earth is there for those who dare to reach out their hands and grab it.

They can regulate the kind of organised shoots that is made available to the members. It is in their control, newspapers and magazines control the kind of advertisers they want, especially those that are unethical ( like advertising slimming pills on a teenage girls magazine can spark a controversy ) . I am not sure if you have experience in marketing, but being a marketing student, different platforms target different audiences based their content.

Clubsnap can definitely shift their target audience from photographers with ill intentions to photographers who are genuinely into the art of photography by introducing regulations for organised shoots. It is definitely a way to go.

Which means you agree to what I have mentioned earlier doesn't it?

Definition of Idealists:
a person who cherishes or pursues high or noble principles, purposes, goals, etc.
a person who represents things as they might or should be rather than as they are.

Revolution is a natural progression to improve the currently accepted norms that over time have proven to be outdated. If we do not progress, we are moving backwards.

Many great people in history were labelled as fools who are unrealistic and impratical. These movers and shakers of the Earth are criticised by people who fear change.

OT. It's alright to be idealistic, everybody does that at one point in time or another, it's easy. But what the world needs are people who can translate ideas for real life problems into real life solutions, oversee a situation from start to end, people like such do not come about easily. What we have plentiful are people who can implement solutions to partially solve problems.

Definition of Idealists:

aiyo

still doing it this way tsk tsk tsk

Influence: Is just talking but no action
Right: An action that is regulated

There is a difference!

Only in your imagination do definitions like these exist, and I am not even taking them literally.

Yes, models are part of organised shoots, and if you wish to impose a high bar on organisers, I don't see why we shouldn't impose a similar high bar on models. After all, if you have a pro organiser but a sucky model, results are just as disastrous. Hence, lets do it for everyone to even everything please - don't just selectively read my points.

That is definitely true, but not many models realise that. Since we are on the topic of organised shoots lets stick to it at the mean time.

CS authorises the organisers to conduct the shoots, they are the medium responsible for the agents who conduct their services, furthermore, they do earn advertising revenue. It is only right that they have to play a role in the regulation of organised shoots.

CS does NOT authorise shoots. i think it has been mentioned that CS provides a space for people to organise activities... just as any forum/bulletin board. the only line-in-the-sand (so to speak) is no illegal activities. hence, due to the grey area, Admin has put a stop to the nude shoots until CS can find a viable way to allow these shoots without the sleaze.

and no... we DON'T earn advertising revenue. god, i wish we could... but the sad fact is we don't. the fee that advertisers and workshop organisers pay is to help to defray the costs of running our servers... which is barely enuf. AFAIK, our server upkeep costs are often from the pockets of our Admins Darren, Edmund and Simon (and Jason, before he stepped down due to family commitments).

while some of your suggestions have some merit, implementing them is problematic. another point is that it works both ways; you seem to place a lot of emphasis on organisers (and indirectly, the CS Admin/mod team) having some good sense. what about the models themselves? i believe someone has already pose this question to you.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4569785#post4569785

Last edited:
[Mod mode off]

Averral, i've been thinking, why are you setting so many rules and regulations on behalf of 'all the models', seriously, on what grounds are you to implement the rules and tell everyone what to do & what not to do.

We're all open to discussions, but we definitely do not like being told to do things by force, the way you are suggesting is simply by force.

The world doesn't revolve around you, you have to remember that. If you are trying to be famous, yes, you have done that... if you want to make history, probably so... if you want to make everyone conform to your rules, no... and definitely no way.

Saw somewhere before, someone said, newspaper offer classified ads section, does the newspaper have the liability & social responsibility to monitor every ads that is posted there? or even any advertisements that is in the papers? So if anything goes wrong, do we go to the papers for misrepresentation or should we actually go to the advertiser? So if the advertisement says that there is a free consultation for 1st 10 customers, should the press ensure that there is confirmed 10 free consultation? Or if they say there is 100 goodies bags giveaway, the press must send a representative there to check all 100 goodies bags?

Perhaps you are too young and ignorant to view the bigger picture, but don't let it get into your head that everyone owes you a duty of care.

and no... we DON'T earn advertising revenue. god, i wish we could... but the sad fact is we don't. the fee that advertisers and workshop organisers pay is to help to defray the costs of running our servers... which is barely enuf. AFAIK, our server upkeep costs are often from the pockets of our Admins Darren, Edmund and Simon (and Jason, before he stepped down due to family commitments).
Just to clarify in case the message is mis-construed. We do earn some money from the advertising banners that members see splattered in various locations around the forum as well as from subscriptions to organise photoshoots and mass sales. So far this year, our costs have been covered by the various inflows, and the more accurate statement would be "We don't make any profit from the forums."

Highly agreed, as was the question posed in my posts earlier in this thread.

while some of your suggestions have some merit, implementing them is problematic. another point is that it works both ways; you seem to place a lot of emphasis on organisers (and indirectly, the CS Admin/mod team) having some good sense. what about the models themselves? i believe someone has already pose this question to you.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4569785#post4569785

2 thumbs up for you.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Especially on the newspaper bit :)

[Mod mode off]

Averral, i've been thinking, why are you setting so many rules and regulations on behalf of 'all the models', seriously, on what grounds are you to implement the rules and tell everyone what to do & what not to do.

We're all open to discussions, but we definitely do not like being told to do things by force, the way you are suggesting is simply by force.

The world doesn't revolve around you, you have to remember that. If you are trying to be famous, yes, you have done that... if you want to make history, probably so... if you want to make everyone conform to your rules, no... and definitely no way.

Saw somewhere before, someone said, newspaper offer classified ads section, does the newspaper have the liability & social responsibility to monitor every ads that is posted there? or even any advertisements that is in the papers? So if anything goes wrong, do we go to the papers for misrepresentation or should we actually go to the advertiser? So if the advertisement says that there is a free consultation for 1st 10 customers, should the press ensure that there is confirmed 10 free consultation? Or if they say there is 100 goodies bags giveaway, the press must send a representative there to check all 100 goodies bags?

Perhaps you are too young and ignorant to view the bigger picture, but don't let it get into your head that everyone owes you a duty of care.

[Mod mode off]

YOU DA MAN:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

and i can find lots of "ahem" questionable ads in TNP

what i want to know is, why do you hit on the community and not the photographer
in my many years of experience, i know that the modelling industry is not very clean
there are lots of things that go on behind closed doors

beauty contest, both male and female also have lots of "ahem" questionable going ons.

XMMs must know what they are getting themselves into when they decide to promote their services
does their parents know what they are doing???

I am sure they will not approve

Last edited:
Thumbs up :) The hitting is done on the wrong platform, on the wrong people, and at the wrong group :p

and i can find lots of "ahem" questionable ads in TNP

what i want to know is, why do you hit on the community and not the photographer
in my many years of experience, i know that the modelling industry is not very clean
there are lots of thing that go on behind closed doors

beauty contest, both male and female also have lots of "ahem" questionable going ons.

XMMs must know what they are getting themselves into when they decide to promote their services
does their parents know what they are doing???

I am sure they will not approve

[Mod mode off]

:thumbsup:well said and hit the nail on the head. The whole thing is just screams of someone trying to claw for her 15 minutes of infamy.

you know what's funny is that this thread appeared AFTER her interview in tnp and not b4...

Status
Not open for further replies.