Submit to : Dr Karanka's Print Stravaganza 15th May - 29th May 2010

ullyss

Jun 16, 2003
land of mu
www.ullyss.com
tumblr_l1whghqLAD1qbh1hzo1_500.jpg

I am hosting a travelling photography print show titled dr Karanka's Print Stravaganza in Singapore

Its a rush, but i am calling for prints from Singapore as we don't have many singaporean photographers in the exhibition.

To participate with the print submission click here for details
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=116577185033258&ref=ts

submissions :
- No specific themes
- But give a series of thematic prints (any size below 12R) else the Print Curator Nazi won't show it off-
- Best 5 - 12 prints for a better thematic series
- Write your name, email, website on the back of the print, so we know who you are!
- The prints wont be returned to you, be prepared to part with them as they will go around the world, they will suffer the stress from all those travelling
- Your works shall not be hang in the most boring way, but wired, clipped, pasted, and all the weird corners and surfaces.
- This is a totally self funded, DIY photo show open for everyone, it must be unconventional and different from traditional exhibitions

Deadline : 2 ways for submission
1. Submit your physical prints before 12th May 2010 (by Mail)

2. Submit them physically on 13th May 2010, 7pm onwards (physical)
At the venue.
Wanna help hang up your prints? Bring your own material, eg. blue tack, clips, strings, etc. It must be unconventional way of hanging it up so think of ways of hanging it up on the wall, but of course subjected to the Curator's decision with the overall print show.

Exhibition Details :

Title : Dr Karanka's Print Stravaganza
Date : 15th May - 29th May 2010
Time: 10am - 9pm
Theme : Photography
Venue : Samundar Express,
Toa Payoh Hdb Hub, Gourmet Paradise Food Court, within Bus Interchange Basement, next to MacDonalds, Bodyshop

Info : http://printstravaganza.tumblr.com/
Event : Free

Details :

Dr Karanka’s Print Stravaganza is a nomadic worldwide photo show, opened to everybody and everywhere! First started by its namesake, Joni Karanka at his humble little living room, Cardiff, Wales, with a simple concept, bring thematic photo prints to everyone. The show soon took a life of its own and travelled to other countries. It got exhibited in art galleries to shop windows and to many other unconventional places.

Places the prints show travelled to : Bologna (Italy), Arles (France), Gliwice (Poland) and London (UK), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and now in Singapore for a short time before heading off to Japan. Where do next? perhaps somewhere else!

Everyone is invited to participate, organise and host the Print Stravaganza show in their respective city. Totally self-funded by each host, the idea is to have it exhibited in unconventional and the unlikest places, opening it all to the masses. The print collection calls for submissions from each respective countries before travelling onwards to the next city.

Enjoy the prints in Singapore while it lasts

Questions ?
email : ihavetravellust@gmail.com

Last edited:
lawl. weird seeing the thumb down. i thought u was gonna boo it. LOL

lawl. weird seeing the thumb down. i thought u was gonna boo it. LOL

Think the TS has accidentally clicked the Thumb down LOL....

Dont think any TS want to do this, especially is promoting their event. :bsmilie:

where to unclick the thumbs down!

didn't even know can do that.

Edit: Oh thanks for your help, did a thumbs up now!

Last edited:
ully,

bert here.

The pictures have to be wat kind of pics? My travel pics from china can or not ar?

Last edited:
ully,

bert here.

The pictures have to be wat kind of pics? My travel pics from china can or not ar?

Shd not be a problem as long it's a series, 5-10 photos for one series.

Print the photos then bring it down on the date line. :)

Last edited:
Thursday is last chance to submit your prints.

After exhibiting in Singapore it will be send to next destination, Tokyo and 2 other places around Japan.

I'll be there. Some of my humble work has been put up for exhibition :)

Thanks for organising, ullyss :thumbsup:

Some of you asked where was the location and had difficulty finding the exhibition.
here is the direction with images on how to get there
so sorry, my apologises for not making it clear

because of the massive number of prints, another restaurant has kindly allowed us to exhibit at their place as well

Venue :
Samundar Express and V8 express
Toa Payoh HDB HUB basement
Gourmet Paradise Food Court
within Toa Payoh Bus Interchange complex
Next to Macdonalds and along BodyShop

4611731604_ee10e28e68.jpg

tumblr_l2igewmVG31qbh1hzo1_500.jpg