Strap for rangefinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andretan

Apr 19, 2002
AMK (near YCK)
www.flickr.com
Hi guys,

Where can I get a decent strap for a rangefinder? It's a Minolta Hi-matic 7s.

The camera body itself doesn't have the triangle-D-ring thingy though. :think:

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Hi guys,

Where can I get a decent strap for a rangefinder? It's a Minolta Hi-matic 7s.

The camera body itself doesn't have the triangle-D-ring thingy though. :think:

Any recommendations? Thanks.

try gordy:
http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/

recommended by rangefinder forums. I have one myself, wriststrap. Affordable.

try gordy:
http://www.electricedge.com/gordy_s_straps/

recommended by rangefinder forums. I have one myself, wriststrap. Affordable.

I've tried the lug mount one on a DSLR but didn't really like it.
Anywhere locally carries it?

I've seen the A&A wide strap carried by Chiif, but I don't think it comes with the rings to attach to the camera? :think:

Any other alternatives? Thanks :D

Any other alternatives? Thanks :D
there are actually plenty of alternatives, but it really depends on what you're looking for...

if you like A&A (seeing that you had mentioned them), you can look for the local dealer at city plaza.

else, you can also simply buy rings / triangles to attach to your lugs to use your non-ringed straps. you can either use your old ones or buy cheap ones e.g. old nikon FM2 straps.

i think it does... link

there are actually plenty of alternatives, but it really depends on what you're looking for...

if you like A&A (seeing that you had mentioned them), you can look for the local dealer at city plaza.

else, you can also simply buy rings / triangles to attach to your lugs to use your non-ringed straps. you can either use your old ones or buy cheap ones e.g. old nikon FM2 straps.

I did my homework before posting this thread, thats why. ;)

But from what I see, only got those few choices that I came across.

And seeing the A&A ones, the photos on the web are quite tiny/small, so I'm not sure whether the ring is a fixed ring or can loop through my camera's lugs. :sweat:

Also wanted to know if there are more alternatives :)

The rings are meant for camera with lugs. Anyway, I think Chiif carries the Voigtlander one which is similar to the Artisan & Artist. The only difference is the extra patch for your neck on the Voigtlander one which is a good feature.

Anyway, the Artisan & Artist ones can be obtain from DE Camera Consultant which is at Grandlink Square, just opposite City Plaza, which is very near Paya Lebar MRT station.

Was at De Camera today- Philip has a A & A strap for "compact" camera, without rings for the lugs instead of the rings, it has loops at the ends.

My camera lugs look like that...

10189824.jpg

:)

Got my A&A strap from Mr Tay today with a soft-shutter release.

A BIG THANKS TO MR TAY!! (if you are reading this)

Very patient guy with lots of cameras and spare parts in his shop. :bsmilie:

Thanks all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.